F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: pehabe on June 04, 2010, 05:57:10 AM
Hi...
my first attempt recording my bad playing with 00-03MH

Recorded with Zoom H2, 4ch, front mic is guitar, rear mike is AER Compact 60.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9232493

:cheers
Peter

Süß! :beer
OM-03R 2008 Twelfth Fret SE 5/12
LSV-03R 2009 Forum III 55/78

@Mike and Stephan... thank you :D

Yes, this is a wonderful guitar  :thumb

Peter

Absolutely lovely. Well played and recorded, sounds great!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Larrivee OO-05 • Larrivee OOV-03 SS • Larrivee OO-44  • Taylor 322ce • Strat • Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jpmist

That was Excellent Peter!!!!  We need some more!

Love those F-IV's.  What kind of strings do you have on?
I still have the EJ16's that Jim put on and am ready to
change them out.

Thanks jp and que :D

@fraser: it is EJ16 that Jim had installed.  From day 1 my F-IV has been tonerited.  It sounds better compared to the first day.

Peter

The Tonerite has not seen my F-IV.  It's tone has been right from day 1.

I don't want to mess with success!   Prost!  :cheers
Play it daily for best results.

Gitnoob will get a chance to play the F-IV this week when he stops over for a visit.  I'll get to play his 000-15S.  Should be a full hog duel!   :roll

Report and photos following.

Quote from: prof_stack on June 07, 2010, 10:19:49 PM
Gitnoob will get a chance to play the F-IV this week when he stops over for a visit.  I'll get to play his 000-15S.  Should be a full hog duel!   :roll

A duel?   I see it more as a wine tasting.    We'll compare the delicate nuances of Larrivee hog and Martin hog.    Perhaps after rinsing our palate with a Walnut Parlor.   :bgrin:
Gits: 2004 P-01K, 2005 OM-03MT
Uke: Kala KA-ASKS with Larrivee Flamed Koa
Chops: fingerstyle noob

The hog-tops are not like fine wine.  They are micro-brewed ales with little refinement other than flavor and texture.

:humour:

Gitnoob will come over next Tuesday, hopefully with the 0-50 along with the others.  Pictures to follow.

I now have the F-IV for a couple of months and haven't been disappointed about its sweeeet tone.  My only little complaint is the weak sound on low E. 

I know it's a small body guitar with no comparison to a L or dreadnaught.  However, I found the low E is relatively low in volume compared to the other 5 strings of the same guitar.  Anyone feels the same?  I have both nut and saddle changed to bone by Jim, but the pins are stock. Any suggestions to improve the loudness of the low E string?

Another question is choice of strings.  I'm still using D'Addario EXP17, which is PB.  If I want a little more bright tone, should I change to 80/20? Any suggestions?
Larrivee Forum IV
Martin OOO-28VS
Martin D-18GE Sunburst

Quote from: Frederico on June 17, 2010, 10:17:01 AM
I now have the F-IV for a couple of months and haven't been disappointed about its sweeeet tone.  My only little complaint is the weak sound on low E. 

I know it's a small body guitar with no comparison to a L or dreadnaught.  However, I found the low E is relatively low in volume compared to the other 5 strings of the same guitar.  Anyone feels the same?  I have both nut and saddle changed to bone by Jim, but the pins are stock. Any suggestions to improve the loudness of the low E string?

Another question is choice of strings.  I'm still using D'Addario EXP17, which is PB.  If I want a little more bright tone, should I change to 80/20? Any suggestions?

No problems with the tone on mine. I use Dean Markley Alchemy Gold Bronze 12-54's.  But they aren't for everyone.
         I think the 00 size does limit the low E considerably. But I knew that going in and was actually impressed with the tone and sound level of this build. I think it exceeds other 00 models I have played and is very sweet.
         Just try different strings until you get the tone you like.

Maybe, instead of mediums, you try a bluegrass set that has light gauge for the treble strings and mediums of the bass strings...I think the D'Addarios are EJ19?

Using bluegrass is still  having the same gauge for low E as in EXP17.  Hmm, what about change the low E only to heavy gauge, if there is one? Will the extra tension hurt the nexk?
Larrivee Forum IV
Martin OOO-28VS
Martin D-18GE Sunburst

All the treble strings are lighter anyway. If a neck is built weak they twist. But Larrivee builds a neck very well. They aren't that fragile.

I really like the very even balance of all six strings on the F-IV.  I still have the original EJ17 (mediums) on it.

The bass E is fine on mine, but I use a plastic thumbpick and two metal fingerpicks.  If I want bass I get out the D-18GE.   :winkin:

Fingerpicking good sound the keyboard, up and down.

Try John Pearse Bluegrass strings, I use them on all three of my Larrivees (including the new FIV OO) and they sound great...

I like the bass sound in my F-IV just fine. The truth is the way I play with bare fingers and don't really have the chicken pickin thumb movement down right, i don't even hit low E much. On some songs you have to though and when I do this little puppy "growls" real nice to my ears.

My 00-03MT is so even across all six strings.  I was playing it last night after the boys were asleep.  Sweet little couch guitar that can just pump out the sound.  I feel very lucky to have both the FIII and FIV.  Both have a time and a place, both sound great and already feel like old friends...yay Larrivee!!!

OK - I realize that I'm late to the game here, but I just found out about the F-IV 00-03MT.

What are the odds of finding one for sale now?