F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Mikeymac on April 20, 2010, 04:51:33 PM

There's also the Schaller M6 ones, which are a direct fit, and priced about the same or a little less than the Gotohs...I like the look of the black ones here:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_solid_peghead_tuners/Schaller_Tuners/Schaller_M-6_Mini_Guitar_Machines.html?tab=Pictures#details

The M6 mini's should be a direct drop in for the mini Ping.

The regular M6 used to be a direct drop in for the standard Ping but they changed the mounting screw location a year or so ago.
Standard Ping
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Mikeymac on April 21, 2010, 09:41:50 AM
Hmmph.

I guess no one else around here

OWNS A CAMERA!!!

Pics, anyone?

Would like to see some more of these beauties!
oh yeah, I have a camera.
Here's a picture of my week-old FedEx tracking number.  :angry:

UGH!!!!  Mine says it's being processed at the Postal Centre in Mississauga...since 6am yesterday????

Quote from: Denis on April 21, 2010, 10:31:29 AM
UGH!!!!  Mine says it's being processed at the Postal Centre in Mississauga...since 6am yesterday????

Postal Centre? 

Was your FIV shipped by USPS rather than FedEx?

Gordon
Montreal
Larrivee OM-03R SH, O-01, OO-03MT FIV
National Style O, National Polychrome Tricone
Gibson B25-12, Brunner OG Basic and a few others

#10 is on its journey across Atlantic:

"Please check again later"  :wacko:

Quote from: bobsnob on April 21, 2010, 10:35:49 AM
Postal Centre?  

Was your FIV shipped by USPS rather than FedEx?

Gordon

Yeah, Jim always uses USPS when he ships to me here in Canada

I received my FedEx shipping notice on Monday and have been compusively checking the progress. I was encouraged Monday when I saw that the "package" move from Jamestown to Fairview to Richfield, to Grove City. Since then it seems that it is doing circles and back to Grove City? I'm sure they have a plan to get this all the way out to San Francisco...but the unreadable bar code has me a bit worried:  :?

Apr 21, 2010 1:58 AM In transitGROVE CITY, OH
Apr 20, 2010 10:40 AM In transitCOLUMBUS, OH
Apr 20, 2010 9:07 AM Departed FedEx locationGROVE CITY, OH
Apr 20, 2010 6:14 AM Shipment exception GROVE CITY, OH - Barcode label unreadable and replaced
Apr 20, 2010 6:14 AM Arrived at FedEx locationGROVE CITY, OH
Apr 20, 2010 2:57 AM Departed FedEx location RICHFIELD, OH
Apr 20, 2010 1:51 AM Arrived at FedEx locationRICHFIELD, OH
Apr 19, 2010 10:01 PMLeft FedEx origin facilityFAIRVIEW, PA
Apr 19, 2010 8:18 PM Arrived at FedEx locationFAIRVIEW, PA
Apr 19, 2010 5:36 PM Picked upFAIRVIEW, PA
Apr 19, 2010 3:23 PMIn FedEx possession JAMESTOWN, NY
Larrivee OM-03, lefty
Larrivee Forum IV #24, lefty (love it)

Just got my box from FedEx. Never got a notice of shipment. My Podium Special came late yesterday, so my wife is thrilled. :angry:  Have 3 boxes sitting around, one to go to Rob when she'll let me send it! :crying:  Now, the wait is on for my #23. FedEx just rang the bell & left it on the front porch of my 4 unit condo building. What's up with that? Have to call Kathy & see what happened with my email reminder. Plus, just left on my porch? Not all here are Honest-Abe's, so not thrilled with FedEx. Must be no sig required?
   Hey Denis, still waiting? Have one on me. Might help the time go by faster. After I get my hands on this baby, I'll post my thoughts. But boy, the Podium Special is sweet! End pin is too tight to put in, so some sandpaper & a little soap to help? :cheers
     Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Quote from: BluesMan1 on April 21, 2010, 12:30:23 PM

Hey Denis, still waiting? Have one on me. Might help the time go by faster. After I get my hands on this baby, I'll post my thoughts. But boy, the Podium Special is sweet! End pin is too tight to put in, so some sandpaper & a little soap to help? :cheers
     Jeff

I just checked the tracking number on the Canada Post website and the guitar i out for delivery....and I'm at work.  That means I'll have it tomorrow after work!  A day before my birthday!!!  Woohoo!!!!

Quote from: Queequeg on April 21, 2010, 09:49:06 AM
oh yeah, I have a camera.
Here's a picture of my week-old FedEx tracking number.  :angry:

The new larger bushings came in today. Here are the photos of your guitar. It is much nicer fit with the larger bushing.  I lIke... alot! She will be on the road today.
Jim Holler

Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars
www.TrinityGuitars.com

Those larger bushings do look nice - where did you get those, Jim? I've not seen them, that I can remember.

(I know, I said "no new holes" in this guitar, but I've got a couple other sets of these on other guitars that could use the larger bushings.)

Are these what I'm looking for?

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Tuner_parts/Tuner_Bushings/10_5mm_Round_Conversion_Bushings.html

2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Denis on April 21, 2010, 06:13:40 PM
Canada Post jut dropped off a big box....I might be a while.........
That was fast.

I don't know if I got a "special" one, but this thing is just incredible! No need for the ToneRite yet. If this guitar can sound any better with age, it will just be great! Mine doesn't need the top broken in much. I only played it for about 1/2 hr., having to get to some other stuff.
   Jim & Bill, thanks for the great setup. Had Jim do a bone nut & light strings, just working out great. I don't get the other comments, as they don't pertain to mine. I guess by #23 things were going just fine. As John Jr. said, a little cannon! Haven't gotten around to pics yet. I'm still in awe of this guitar. So close in blowing me away compared to my F-III, though that one is a one of a kind. But, then again, so is this one!
   Wasn't sure how the Grovers would look. Missed the bushing reorder. They look nice, just how I wanted. Will definitely do them now! Was worth the wait! :nice guitar:
     Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Quote from: BluesMan1 on April 21, 2010, 07:32:22 PM
   I don't know if I got a "special" one, but this thing is just incredible! No need for the ToneRite yet. If this guitar can sound any better with age, it will just be great! Mine doesn't need the top broken in much.

That was my reaction too. I owned a previous forum guitar, the 12-fret OM with a mahogany top, and that thing really needed breaking in when I got it. By contrast, this one is starting out quite lively!

I was waiting for others to comment in this way. I feel the same as y'all. It is a little cannon.

Quote from: JasonA on April 21, 2010, 07:43:36 PM
That was my reaction too. I owned a previous forum guitar, the 12-fret OM with a mahogany top, and that thing really needed breaking in when I got it. By contrast, this one is starting out quite lively!

Lively...yeah, that works.  This thing rocks!!!

Quote from: archilady on April 21, 2010, 12:04:54 PM
I received my FedEx shipping notice on Monday and have been compusively checking the progress. I was encouraged Monday when I saw that the "package" move from Jamestown to Fairview to Richfield, to Grove City. Since then it seems that it is doing circles and back to Grove City? I'm sure they have a plan to get this all the way out to San Francisco...but the unreadable bar code has me a bit worried:  :?

Apr 21, 2010 1:58 AM In transitGROVE CITY, OH
Apr 20, 2010 10:40 AM In transitCOLUMBUS, OH
Apr 20, 2010 9:07 AM Departed FedEx locationGROVE CITY, OH
Apr 20, 2010 6:14 AM Shipment exception GROVE CITY, OH - Barcode label unreadable and replaced
Apr 20, 2010 6:14 AM Arrived at FedEx locationGROVE CITY, OH
Apr 20, 2010 2:57 AM Departed FedEx location RICHFIELD, OH
Apr 20, 2010 1:51 AM Arrived at FedEx locationRICHFIELD, OH
Apr 19, 2010 10:01 PMLeft FedEx origin facilityFAIRVIEW, PA
Apr 19, 2010 8:18 PM Arrived at FedEx locationFAIRVIEW, PA
Apr 19, 2010 5:36 PM Picked upFAIRVIEW, PA
Apr 19, 2010 3:23 PMIn FedEx possession JAMESTOWN, NY

That's a coincidence. My tracking info shows that my barcode was unreadable and replaced in Grove City too.
They must be pretty hard on labels there.  :?
All Lefties.
Larrivée L-03-
Larrivée L-03R-
Larrivée 00-03MT Forum IV-#7
Gibson J45
Martin HD-28
Martin CEO-7