F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Mikeymac on April 16, 2010, 04:42:45 PM
And a few more...

I think his assistant is putting in the pickups (according to one post here recently). Yes, the battery and battery back were in the case compartment, along with the clear pickguard (which I requested he throw in) and other stuff.

Ahem - his 'assistant' is also building many of your saddles...

Signed,
The Assistant.
(Bill Ward)
Blessings,
Bill Ward
www.billwardmusic.com

Quote from: LvGod on April 16, 2010, 05:50:20 PM
Ahem - his 'assistant' is also building many of your saddles...

Signed,
The Assistant.
(Bill Ward)

Thanks, Bill!!! You're doing a great job!!!  :thumbsup

(Maybe you should change your forum name here to "The Assistant" ...  :humour: )
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: appleknocker on April 16, 2010, 03:54:43 PM
Oh Snap!  I just got my e-mail confirming my shipment.  So excited!  Hopefully this is where living in Memphis will come in handy.  Fed-Ex owns this town.  They can just teleport it here right?

Another forumite from Memphis--good news.  Maybe sometime in the future we can get the FIV and my L-03 SO together and let them sing.  Congrats on what is sure to be one stunning guitar.  Enjoy!
". . . if I only had a brain . . ."

Now I am sad that I gave up #21 so long ago   :crying:

Well, I was able to get the OO-03 Special Edition (Spruce/Mahogany) and for that I am truly grateful.

I can't wait to hear some of the sound files and YouTube of the Forum IV!!

Quote from: Denis on April 16, 2010, 05:58:01 PM
Are you making the bone nuts for those that chose that option??

No - that is just Jim's job for now...

The Assistant.
Blessings,
Bill Ward
www.billwardmusic.com

Quote from: Mikeymac on April 16, 2010, 03:54:48 PM
I will also say, Jim did a GREAT job on the set up with the new saddle...thank you, Jim.  :+1:

I will lower the nut slots a little later, but the action is at a good, all purpose level. Neck is nice and straight.

I'm wondering if these are medium strings...either that, or I've just been playing too much electric lately, and have to get my hands back in shape!  :crying:  

I'll need to change the strings anyway to put the battery in for the Active iBeam (I tried plugging it into a tuner to tune it right away and thought, "Hey... what gives here? This thing isn't working!" Duh - then I remembered, Larrivee doesn't ship guitars with batteries installed!) So no report on the iBeam yet...

Hey Mikey, glad you got your guit, even as I am still waiting (despite the fact that I have had a FedEx tracking since Tuesday). That hogtop sure looks sweet. Danny's too.
Just an aside... you dont need to change your strings to slip that battery in there. Just loosen the strings, capo at the 9th fret, then pull the bridge pins. Change your battery, then reinsert the strings into the bridge, stick the pins in, remove the capo and tune up. Voila!
Quote from: Mr_LV19E on April 16, 2010, 04:55:08 PM
I figured if I was that extreme I wouldn't need the  :humour: sign

You should be able to open it right up, enjoy.
Roger, you are a guitar extremist, man.

By the way, folks - as one who has personally laid his fingers on all of your guitars, I can tell you this is one of the finest instruments Larrivee has ever made. You folks are stealing them, too! :bgrin: Unbelievable sound and looks.
The Assistant.
Blessings,
Bill Ward
www.billwardmusic.com

Hey jbrummer,  I'd love to get together and pick sometime.  I'd love to hear the Silver Oak.

Quote from: Queequeg on April 17, 2010, 07:09:56 AM
Hey Mikey, glad you got your guit, even as I am still waiting (despite the fact that I have had a FedEx tracking since Tuesday). That hogtop sure looks sweet. Danny's too.
Just an aside... you dont need to change your strings to slip that battery in there. Just loosen the strings, capo at the 9th fret, then pull the bridge pins. Change your battery, then reinsert the strings into the bridge, stick the pins in, remove the capo and tune up. Voila!

Thanks for the hint ... I may get to that this afternoon!  :beer

P.S. I never got a tracking number, unless it went in my SPAM box and I didn't notice it (but I've been checking the SPAM folder a lot lately, because of a computer update).  :?

Quote from: LvGod on April 17, 2010, 08:18:11 AM
By the way, folks - as one who has personally laid his fingers on all of your guitars, I can tell you this is one of the finest instruments Larrivee has ever made. You folks are stealing them, too! :bgrin: Unbelievable sound and looks.
The Assistant.

And you're making the wait so much easier by telling us that!!!!    :drool:

Quote from: Denis on April 17, 2010, 03:31:29 PM

Waiting? Who's waiting? I have mine...

:nana_guitar

(Sorry!)

Quote from: Denis on April 17, 2010, 03:31:29 PM

We are working overtime carefully plowing right through them. They will be well worth the wait.
Bill Ward
Blessings,
Bill Ward
www.billwardmusic.com

Quote from: LvGod on April 18, 2010, 12:04:56 AM
We are working overtime carefully plowing right through them. They will be well worth the wait.
Bill Ward
Hey, don't plow through #27!   :humour:

Thanks for your help and assistance.  I paid the remaining balance this morning.
Thanks Jim, Kathy, and Bill (and the folk in BC  :smile:)
Play it daily for best results.

Quote from: LvGod on April 18, 2010, 12:04:56 AM
Bill Ward

I sold my snow plow and only use a snowblower and a shovel now. But not to worry they are all put away for the summer, even though it is snowing right now!
Jim.
Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars
www.TrinityGuitars.com

Mikey, since you've been waiting so patiently (?), finally got yours, had so many questions about it BEFORE, maybe you could share a little more than "I got mine!"? Like how it sounds, plays, first impressions, etc.. Normal stuff. Don't give us a slap in the face, how about a hug? :bgrin:
  So, just Mikey & Dan have theirs. Dan, from what I can gather, is busy with his own domestic & work stuff. When he does review his, it will be a good one, full of comments & comparisons. Writes these things well. :thumb
  Mikey, I know that you're busy also with some important things. Instead of hints for the P/U, how about some sound comments, first impressions, whatever?
  Maybe Bill, alias "The Assistant", could throw in a little more for us dogs waiting for a treat? A few more words would be great? :drool:
  Or, maybe Jim could add some critiques or thoughts to how these sound? He's played all of them, so might have an idea? :wave
  The pics are great & thanks for those. Mikey, they are mediums, as the other OO-03 Limiteds came with the same. I had Jim do a bone saddle & put lights on mine, as did Denis, from what he told me. If you go to lights, the neck might need that little tweak. Might not, but have to keep an eye on it.
  Thought my dog that we saved had severe issues. Everyday w/o something to gratify my need for info is like a day w/o sunshine? :ohmy:
    Jeff

'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Quote from: BluesMan1 on April 18, 2010, 10:08:37 AM
  Mikey, since you've been waiting so patiently (?), finally got yours, had so many questions about it BEFORE, maybe you could share a little more than "I got mine!"? Like how it sounds, plays, first impressions, etc.. Normal stuff.
  So, just Mikey & Dan have theirs. Dan, from what I can gather, is busy with his own domestic & work stuff. When he does review his, it will be a good one, full of comments & comparisons. Writes these things well. :thumb
  Mikey, I know that you're busy also with some important things. Instead of hints for the P/U, how about some sound comments, first impressions, whatever?
  Maybe Bill, alias "The Assistant", could throw in a little more for us dogs waiting for a treat? A few more words would be great?
  Or, maybe Jim could add some critiques or thoughts to how these sound? He's played all of them, so might have an idea?     Jeff

... crickets ...   crickets ...  crickets ...  crickets ...  crickets ...

... crickets ...  crickets ...

or perhaps the new guitars are having the snot played out of them ...  ?
Play it daily for best results.

Hi everyone, we are in New Mexico and I have not even read all the recent posts. But the F-IV is a fine guitar and all my friends here who hear it or play it really like it a lot. I have already tried another set of strings and it made a change in tone, but I would not say better, just different. I would like to change them again tonite or tomorrow and try another set.
                         This is more than I expected and a very sweet guitar. I would like to change the saddle and nut to bone and add bone pins, but for now I am very pleased. :nice guitar: :nice guitar: :nice guitar:

Start of a new week, by the end there should be several with new guitars in hand. Congrats to all, I'm sure everyone will be happy.

:donut  :donut2  :coffee
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"