F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

There is Monday delivery for normal drop-offs. Jim has an account with FedEx, the way all are shipped is called a "door-pickup". They come to the shop when he contacts them & all is picked up. He always likes to get a big batch ready for Monday. Those don't deliver on Mondays if a door p/u. If sent out early in the week & close to NY, will get it within 2 business days normally. Have sent guitars back & forth with Jim in the past & that's the method he uses. I go to FedEx Kinkos, send it out, gets there within 2 days.
   Door pickups, made to sound easy, actually make you lose 1 day in delivery if picked up @ the end of the week. Just FYI? :thumb
     Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Quote from: TrinityGuitars on April 15, 2010, 05:42:03 AM
Hi Folks. The biggest brown truck ever showed up yesterday. I do not think a full semi was really required but that is how the guitars arrived. We open every one to inspect them wow. So we are starting with # 1 and working through the group until we reach the end.
  Off to work. I think you all know what I will be doing.
Jim

He says "we are starting with #1 and working through the group until we reach the end."

Sounds like he has some help, that should speed things up.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on April 15, 2010, 05:42:54 PM
Fed-Ex ground delivers Mon through Fri and Fed-Ex home delivery delivers Tues through Sat. And BTW Home delivery is less expensive, it seems they are trying to give the average Joe a break. It does require being delivered to a residence, so if you wanted something delivered to your place of work you would have to use Fed-Ex ground.

I have had 2 bad experiences with Fedex Home delivery. Last time they didn't leave notices that they tried to attempt delivery and when the package was finally delivered, it looked like it was dropped several times and the item inside was damaged pretty badly. I'm guessing they get pretty pissed off if you're not there to accept delivery and they have to lug it on back to the truck.
The guy even lied about leaving notices on my door. I asked for Fedex Ground since it is my place of business. FWIW< They're not much better in handling packages either.  I'm in California which is about as far away from NYC as it gets. I just hope I get a guitar in one piece and playable when it finally arrives.
All Lefties.
Larrivée L-03-
Larrivée L-03R-
Larrivée 00-03MT Forum IV-#7
Gibson J45
Martin HD-28
Martin CEO-7

Quote from: dependan on April 15, 2010, 07:51:13 AM
 .......   Here is a ... picture ... 2 of 29 ..... :nice guitar: indeed.
That's some nice color banding on the top - it will be interesting to see the variation of the hog tops as they show up.
Suspect they will come fast as Bill told me he was the "pickup" install guy when I paid up on Tuesday - they were expecting the truck on Wednesday, so they are flying out of there pretty fast.
Will be waiting on #26 w/ no options other than the std. custom bone saddle and clear pick-guard.  :thumb
L-03,  Forum-IV 003-Hog, RS-4 Hogtop HB's, Logan Custom Tele Rescue - (Aka used) (neck P-90)

Quote from: Frank_S on April 15, 2010, 05:54:55 PM
I have had 2 bad experiences with Fedex Home delivery. Last time they didn't leave notices that they tried to attempt delivery and when the package was finally delivered, it looked like it was dropped several times and the item inside was damaged pretty badly. I'm guessing they get pretty pissed off if you're not there to accept delivery and they have to lug it on back to the truck.
The guy even lied about leaving notices on my door. I asked for Fedex Ground since it is my place of business. FWIW< They're not much better in handling packages either.  I'm in California which is about as far away from NYC as it gets. I just hope I get a guitar in one piece and playable when it finally arrives.

I think it just depends where you live or rather who is doing the delivering. The Fed-Ex and UPS drivers are very nice and like their jobs in my neighborhood but I can imagine they're not all like that.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: tuffythepug on April 15, 2010, 01:07:05 PM

archilady
Sit tight...  it'll be there soon,   I don't know if it would be possible or if you'd be interested but it occurred to me that  you will have one of the lefty models and I have a lefty FIII hogtop:  maybe you see where I'm going wit this..

If you ever want to get together for a few minutes and trade-off  and compare the two I'd be up for it.  I know you live and work in the SF bay area and I'm near Sacramento.     Logistics might prevent it or you may just not be interested.  Let me know if that sounds like something you might want to do.  Anyhow, I hope you enjoy the F IV.  I feel kinda responsible for steering you onto it and off of the 000-50MT you were considering.    looking forward to hearing your initial  assessment of the FIV.

Tuffythepug

T the P - Great Idea. I do still want to hear the 000-50MT and I'm sure you'd like to hear the FIV as you said. I head up I-80 about once a month on the way to Soda Springs so I'll send you a note next time I'm planning on being in your neck of the woods.
Larrivee OM-03, lefty
Larrivee Forum IV #24, lefty (love it)

One thing when sending by FedEx, make sure you mark "signature required". There are 3 options there, so pick the right one. Also, home delivery ground is the best way. Ship it on a Monday from a FedEx store & it should be in most places (if shipped in US) by end of week, or sooner. If you don't pic the "sig" option, they will just leave it, like the USPS does. Sig required, can't leave it w/o one. A few dollars more, but worth it.
   Just sent my L-10 from East Haven, CT to Elmira, NY by ground, evening delivery, adult sig required. 24 lbs. package (guitar box), cost about $42. Got there next day, late afternoon. I have found that FedEx Kinko's works well. They are very helpful & try to save you money, but still get it there fast. Have had no problems.
   It does depend on the people working for the service you're using. Some are nice & helpful, others not. A crapshoot?
     Jeff

Quote from: archilady on April 15, 2010, 06:03:00 PM
T the P - Great Idea. I do still want to hear the 000-50MT and I'm sure you'd like to hear the FIV as you said. I head up I-80 about once a month on the way to Soda Springs so I'll send you a note next time I'm planning on being in your neck of the woods.

:thumb  That sounds like a plan.   

I am so tired! Trying to watch the Sabers beat Boston but having a hard time with my eyes. They keep closing and all I see is F4's. Five more on the road today.
Good night
Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars
www.TrinityGuitars.com

Sorry guys, all of you waiting with baited breath!

I just bought a 00-03 Special, and it is impossible that your gems could as nice as mine  :nice guitar: :nana_guitar  :roll
Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

Quote from: TrinityGuitars on April 15, 2010, 07:45:28 PM
I am so tired! Trying to watch the Sabers beat Boston but having a hard time with my eyes. They keep closing and all I see is F4's. Five more on the road today.
Good night

Cheers to Jim at Trinity!  I didn't even order and FIV and I feel blessed to have this man around the forum!  Once all those beauties ship, I hope you can find time to relax brother! :beer
". . . if I only had a brain . . ."

Quote from: cke on April 15, 2010, 07:58:58 PM
I just bought a 00-03 Special, and it is impossible that your gems could as nice as mine  :nice guitar: :nana_guitar  :roll

Dem's fightin' wurds...

(looking for 'unclrob' or 'pirate' emoticon...)
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Mine's en route, that's all I know!!!  Woohoo!!!   :nana_guitar

Jim, you're doing it right again!   :cheers

Here is one pic, I have to get to the airport now. More tomorrow if I can.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quote from: dependan on April 16, 2010, 09:27:44 AM
Here is one pic, I have to get to the airport now. More tomorrow if I can.
Hmm, two posts and only faint praise for the 00-03MT.  Better get a Tonerite?   :humour:

Looking forward to players' reports.
Play it daily for best results.

Quote from: prof_stack on April 16, 2010, 11:34:29 AM
Hmm, two posts and only faint praise for the 00-03MT.  Better get a Tonerite?   :humour:

Looking forward to players' reports.

prof stack, I see your  :humour: sign, but if Danny's week has been anything like mine, I understand - sometimes you're just overwhelmed with stuff, and it can be very frustrating when you can't give a new instrument the time and attention you want on the day it's delivered.

Here's to your schedule loosening up a little soon, Danny! And that guitar is gorgeous - hope mine comes close to looking that nice!  :nice guitar:

P.S. Noticed in one of Jim's recent pics of the cases - they are 03 series flat-top cases. Finally the answer to that question that got tossed around here so much a few weeks ago.

You guys are making a big mess of my new work area!
Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars
www.TrinityGuitars.com

Quote from: TrinityGuitars on April 16, 2010, 01:07:04 PM
You guys are making a big mess of my new work area!

Big thanks to Danny and jim for the hard work they put in (and continue to put in) on this project.  :cheers

Oh Jim, Is that #7 on the workbench?  :humour:
All Lefties.
Larrivée L-03-
Larrivée L-03R-
Larrivée 00-03MT Forum IV-#7
Gibson J45
Martin HD-28
Martin CEO-7

Frank, just got my Tonerite in the mail. Am going to do my F-III this weekend (or longer), but definitely the F-IV. Think it might help loosen the all HOG body up a little?
Got it @ the retail price, plus a free set of "Earthones" strings & free S/H. Anyone interested, PM me & I'll provide info. For free!! :humour:
   And Jim, thanks for all. Have thanked Dan enough! :bgrin:  Just waiting for some reviews. Jim, maybe a brief one? When you stop working for a second?  :wave
    Jeff

Quote from: Frank_S on April 16, 2010, 01:32:46 PM
Big thanks to Danny and jim for the hard work they put in (and continue to put in) on this project.  :cheers

Oh Jim, Is that #7 on the workbench?  :humour:

Nope...I bet it's #6!!!   :humour:

(But I noticed the same thing ... it's a lefty!)

P.S. Frank - what are you getting installed/modded on yours? I'm just getting the saddle (like everyone else) and an Active iBeam pickup, tortoise guard.