F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I emailed Kathy and asked that Jim put a bone nut on it, if for nothing else than to make sure the slots are cut correctly (having been burned on the F-III's lousy cut nut).  Also asked that the tortoise pickguard be put in the guitar case.  Mine is #27, only because I waited for the second deadline of orders.

I'll be out of town for a few days and might bring an old Martin hog-top home with me.  Why do I tempt myself this way? 
Play it daily for best results.

Quote from: BluesMan1 on April 07, 2010, 10:25:30 AM
   I've emailed Kathy about the Grover tuners (sorry, have to bring it up!). Jim's site says that he'll post some pics of the Sta-tites, but only the Gotohs are their. Have a hole showing, as he states, can see a ring from the other bushing also.
   Has anybody been updated on the Sta-tites & how they fit? I asked Kathy to talk to Jim & either get an answer or post a couple of pics of the Grovers. Can't make a decision w/o seeing what they look like or being told that they will fit just fine?

There's a photo of a Sta-tite tuner, but it's a bit hidden.  Look at "Photo 2" in  the description of Option 11.
Montreal
Larrivee OM-03R SH, O-01, OO-03MT FIV
National Style O, National Polychrome Tricone
Gibson B25-12, Brunner OG Basic and a few others

Thanks Bob. Thought that was a pic of the Grover, but couldn't see the button on it. Kathy emailed me back with a bigger pic, showing that there will be a ring where the Ping bushing was (showed the button). Will opt out on the Grovers for now & look further. Pings are hit or miss. Have had some that are just fine, others that aren't. I'll see how mine are.
   Thanks again.
     Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Just a confirmation for everyone. John Jr. called me today and confirmed that all the F-IV's have been shipped.
Jim will let us all know as soon as they arrive at his store. I'm sure he will post a picture or two for us while we all let the anticipation grow.

Jim has answered hundreds of e-mails and phone calls the last several months and I think he is probably ready for this one to be in the rear view mirror. He deserves a lot of credit for laboring hard for us from the beginning to see this through. I thank him and the forum for putting up with my own grumpiness and am very happy that "we" are going to have a very sweet and special FORUM IV guitar in our hands very soon. :+1:

Quote from: dependan on April 08, 2010, 02:19:24 PM
   Just a confirmation for everyone. John Jr. called me today and confirmed that all the F-IV's have been shipped.
Jim will let us all know as soon as they arrive at his store. I'm sure he will post a picture or two for us while we all let the anticipation grow.

Jim has answered hundreds of e-mails and phone calls the last several months and I think he is probably ready for this one to be in the rear view mirror. He deserves a lot of credit for laboring hard for us from the beginning to see this through.

I thank him and the forum for putting up with my own grumpiness and am very happy that "we" are going to have a very sweet and special FORUM IV guitar in our hands very soon. :+1:

:+1: Amen to that! (Especially the part about your grumpiness!)  :humour:

Soon and very soon...

I'm all paid up and ready to hold this special little guitar! Kinda looking forward to hearing the Active iBeam, too!  :guitar
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Mikey, just imagine all of the guitars that came to him on the F-III build. Some were picked up directly in Vancouver, some sent to new owners, but many taking advantage of Jim's offer for the bone saddle & setup. Think he's going nuts now, just imagine that minus his 2 people that now work @ Trinity to assist him. Was ready to pull his hair out!!
     Jeff

Any guitars getting shipped from NY yet?
Play it daily for best results.

Quote from: prof_stack on April 13, 2010, 11:36:44 PM
Any guitars getting shipped from NY yet?
I think Jim will take a few pictures and post them before any get shipped. I also think he will let us know when they arrive at his shop.
        Which should be any day now, maybe even today. :thumbsup

Quote from: dependan on April 14, 2010, 08:15:31 AM
  I think Jim will take a few pictures and post them before any get shipped. I also think he will let us know when they arrive at his shop.
        Which should be any day now, maybe even today. :thumbsup

I should have the balance of what I owe paid of today!!!!  Yes!  I'm still looking at up to a 2 week wait once Jim's finished my set up and ships it out....Usually 10 business days when he ships to Canada. 

I'm paid in full, but I expect it will take Jim a while to wade through things - I'm thinking another 2-3 weeks before I see my guitar.

Ironically, I sent a guitar back to another company for some warranty repair; they received it on January 29th, and I still don't have it back - I may actually get the Forum IV before I get my "repaired" guitar!

Mikey, you're probably right. Once Jim starts working on the bunch for the day (he plans on so many a day), he just doesn't stop until done. Will stay up late, get up early, just so we get our guitars. And he can get them out of the shop? :humour:
   My opinion is that some will start being shipped out next week. Has his plan of attack down, you & Dan being first or near on the list. Try & wait patiently now. Good luck! :thumb
     Jeff

Quote from: BluesMan1 on April 14, 2010, 09:30:16 AMHas his plan of attack down, you & Dan being first or near on the list. Try & wait patiently now. Good luck! :thumb
     Jeff

Well, I know I'm Forum IV, #6 - but I have no idea where I am in line as far as PAYMENT is concerned...I may be at the back of the bus. And that's okay by me.  :thumb

Quote from: Mikeymac on April 14, 2010, 09:23:31 AM
Ironically, I sent a guitar back to another company for some warranty repair; they received it on January 29th, and I still don't have it back - I may actually get the Forum IV before I get my "repaired" guitar!
Actually, that's not so out-of-the-ordinary for having warranty work done on a guitar at most of the majors. Often as long as 6 months.
but back to the topic at hand...
I just checked my credit card statement online-
I got tagged on Monday of this week for the Sta-tite tuners I ordered for the F-IV.
edit:
Mikeymac, I heard that Jim is going to ship all the right-handed guits first.

(just kidding)

Quote from: Queequeg on April 14, 2010, 09:44:24 AM

:roll
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Actually, that's not so out-of-the-ordinary for having warranty work done on a guitar at most of the majors. Often as long as 6 months.

I was quoted around 3 weeks from the time they received it till it would be ready to ship back to me...I've called twice since that deadline passed, and each time it's another 2 weeks at least...

(just kidding)

Hardy har har!!!  :angry:

:humour:

FedEx Shipment Notification
Company Name:   TRINITY GUITARS
Name:   Jim Holler
E-mail:   jholler@netsync.net
________________________________________________________________________________
Jim Holler of TRINITY GUITARS sent Mark Sandstrom of Mark Sandstrom 1 FedEx Home Delivery package(s).
This shipment is scheduled to be sent on 04/14/2010.
Reference information includes:
Invoice number:   70
Reference:   Forum IV OO-03MT

Quote from: Queequeg on April 15, 2010, 04:29:12 AM
FedEx Shipment Notification
Company Name:   TRINITY GUITARS
Name:   Jim Holler
E-mail:   jholler@netsync.net
________________________________________________________________________________
Jim Holler of TRINITY GUITARS sent Mark Sandstrom of Mark Sandstrom 1 FedEx Home Delivery package(s).
This shipment is scheduled to be sent on 04/14/2010.
Reference information includes:
Invoice number:   70
Reference:   Forum IV OO-03MT

Yay!!! :cheers

We're getting there!

Gordon
Montreal
Larrivee OM-03R SH, O-01, OO-03MT FIV
National Style O, National Polychrome Tricone
Gibson B25-12, Brunner OG Basic and a few others

Hi Folks. The biggest brown truck ever showed up yesterday. I do not think a full semi was really required but that is how the guitars arrived. We open every one to inspect them wow. So we are starting with # 1 and working through the group until we reach the end.
   For the ones ordering the grover statight. The holes for the tuning machines were made larger than the parlor that I did the test fit on. The 3/8" bushings are to small. There is a slightly larger bushing made and I quickly ordered some yesterday. They should work fine.
   I will get some photos of all the cases and of me working on some of the guitar posted today.
   We all need to give Danny a big thanks for thinking this one up and his work on the process. Thanks Danny!
Off to work. I think you all know what I will be doing.
Jim
Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars
www.TrinityGuitars.com

Obviously Jim is the one who deserves our thanks. I have my F-IV now. Haven't had much time to play it, my wife has my camera with her down in the Caribbean on vacation. (yes without me  :blush:)
   Jim got my guitar to me very quickly, I didn't need him to do anything to it. Thanks again Jim.

I can tell you I was extremely pleased with this this little guitar from the start. Both tone and looks are great.
I have to work a lot today so I must go for now.
   Here is a poor picture of my son playing 2 of 29 using my cell phone. :nice guitar: indeed.

[attachment deleted by admin]