Pages: 1 ... 72 [73] 74 ... 96   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars  (Read 335579 times)
Frederico

Ignore
« Reply #1440 on: April 02, 2010, 03:04:09 AM »

Must....resist.... crying  very....very.....very .....difficult........

Hey, Jeremy (the tour guide) showed me a lefty there when I toured there.  It was a beauty nice guitar

Larrivee Forum IV
Martin OOO-28VS
Martin D-18GE Sunburst
Frederico

Ignore
« Reply #1441 on: April 02, 2010, 03:16:00 AM »

If they are stringing these up I guess that means they have the labels in them. Frederico did you see any Labels?

I like the look of this one, I think these will gloss up quite well.

Oh, I didn't look to find any labels.  I was so excited that I forgot to do it, if I did I'd probably find my #18.  Anyway, they just started to put strings on them when I walked into the room.  The guitars on the rack were waiting to be done.  I guess what Ed was working on the bench would probably be the first F-IV being strung.  The other guy was working on a mahogany top parlor.  (BTW, does anyone know of a all mahogany parlor? I also saw a P-05 MT just being finished in the same room)

Larrivee Forum IV
Martin OOO-28VS
Martin D-18GE Sunburst
Frank_S

Ignore
« Reply #1442 on: April 02, 2010, 03:16:42 AM »

Hey, Jeremy (the tour guide) showed me a lefty there when I toured there.  It was a beauty nice guitar

Was it #7 by chance? I'm sure they're all beautiful.  bigrin

All Lefties.
Larrivée L-03-
Larrivée L-03R-
Larrivée 00-03MT Forum IV-#7
Gibson J45
Martin HD-28
Martin CEO-7
Frederico

Ignore
« Reply #1443 on: April 02, 2010, 03:17:32 AM »

Wow that was real strange... all our posts were deleted and the topic changed in this thread.
Still it is nice to see these pics.

I guess I'll post again that it is good to see Ed stringing these up and great to hear that Jeremy is around still. They both spent a lot of time with us last year when we picked up the F-III's. Really nice folk.

Yes. I deleted the original thread and posted a new posting with same content here.

Larrivee Forum IV
Martin OOO-28VS
Martin D-18GE Sunburst
gitnoob

Ignore
« Reply #1444 on: April 02, 2010, 03:27:35 AM »

You touched one!

How did it feel?   Light?   Did you tap it?   Resonant?   Smell?

We need to know.   bigrin

Gits: 2004 P-01K, 2005 OM-03MT
Uke: Kala KA-ASKS with Larrivee Flamed Koa
Chops: fingerstyle noob
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1445 on: April 02, 2010, 04:10:06 AM »

Oh, I didn't look to find any labels.  I was so excited that I forgot to do it, if I did I'd probably find my #18.  Anyway, they just started to put strings on them when I walked into the room.  The guitars on the rack were waiting to be done.  I guess what Ed was working on the bench would probably be the first F-IV being strung.  The other guy was working on a mahogany top parlor.  (BTW, does anyone know of a all mahogany parlor? I also saw a P-05 MT just being finished in the same room)
  P-05 MT being finished up in Vancouver, that's very interesting whistling

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Frederico

Ignore
« Reply #1446 on: April 02, 2010, 05:34:07 AM »

P-05 MT being finished up in Vancouver, that's very interesting whistling

Jeremy told me that all acoustic guitars are now made in Vancouver factory and the US factory will only produce electric guitars and mandolins.  He commented that they make better guitars than their colleagues in US.  Not sure if he really means it or a joke.

Larrivee Forum IV
Martin OOO-28VS
Martin D-18GE Sunburst
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1447 on: April 02, 2010, 07:22:03 AM »

Jeremy told me that all acoustic guitars are now made in Vancouver factory and the US factory will only produce electric guitars and mandolins.  He commented that they make better guitars than their colleagues in US.  Not sure if he really means it or a joke.
  I think he was joking. 

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Denis
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1448 on: April 02, 2010, 01:02:19 PM »

Jeremy told me that all acoustic guitars are now made in Vancouver factory and the US factory will only produce electric guitars and mandolins. 

Wow!  Really?  Then they must be making a lot of electrics and I assume the time and work that goes into a mandolin must make it hard to keep up with the acoustic guitars.  Either way, as long as they keep making everything, it doesn't really matter.

Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1449 on: April 02, 2010, 03:09:00 PM »

The herd of F-IV hogs is posted on the Trinity Guitars site. drool

Those same pics are the ones posted in this thread...just an FYI (nothing new or different on Trinity's site).

Was it #7 by chance? I'm sure they're all beautiful.  bigrin

Naw...I'm sure it was #6 (my lefty!). 

Interesting that the two lefties are in sequence...and I think there's at least one more (in the 20's?), plus the "unclaimed" extra lefty.

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
archilady

Ignore
« Reply #1450 on: April 02, 2010, 06:10:08 PM »

#24 is a lefty too (mine!, can't wait!) , and I think there might be one more???

Larrivee OM-03, lefty
Larrivee Forum IV #24, lefty (love it)
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1451 on: April 03, 2010, 05:52:28 PM »

Don't you wish they were lined up in numerical order? In a perfect world. Mine is #23. I can't see neck dots on any, so can't tell the leftys. My F-III has a lefty neck on a righty body, easy to spot on the list that was on FB (it was labeled as such). Will soon find out?
     Jeff

'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1452 on: April 07, 2010, 01:17:12 AM »

Must....resist.... crying  very....very.....very .....difficult........

Come on John! You know you want to! 

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1453 on: April 07, 2010, 01:21:24 AM »

Congratulations everyone.

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
Frasier1

Ignore
« Reply #1454 on: April 07, 2010, 04:08:58 AM »

Did this thread actually go 3 days without a post??  Has everyone been lulled to unconsciousness waiting for the Forum IV,
or is my Puter not working correctly??

Does anyone know if they have been shipped from Vancouver to Jim yet?

Cheers to the Forum IV!!   

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1455 on: April 07, 2010, 09:26:49 AM »

Did this thread actually go 3 days without a post??  Has everyone been lulled to unconsciousness waiting for the Forum IV,
or is my Puter not working correctly??

Does anyone know if they have been shipped from Vancouver to Jim yet?

Cheers to the Forum IV!!   

They were shipped yesterday I believe. The information has been ambiguous on this order but I did talk to someone yesterday about the shipment and it sounded like the truck had left recently. (ie. the last two days)
                That is all I know for now. I'm sure Jim will let us all know when they make it to his place. If I know anything more for certain I'll pass it on to y'all.
                 I would think that the first ones may be received in our hands in the next few weeks.

btw Fraiser what is your "Puter"    sorry...couldn't help it.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1456 on: April 07, 2010, 03:25:30 PM »

I've emailed Kathy about the Grover tuners (sorry, have to bring it up!). Jim's site says that he'll post some pics of the Sta-tites, but only the Gotohs are their. Have a hole showing, as he states, can see a ring from the other bushing also.
   Has anybody been updated on the Sta-tites & how they fit? I asked Kathy to talk to Jim & either get an answer or post a couple of pics of the Grovers. Can't make a decision w/o seeing what they look like or being told that they will fit just fine?
   Dan, you'll be one of the first to post an impression of this guitar. Are you flying to Jim's to pick yours up? I don't know how you're going to have the will-power to stare @ that box for hours w/o opening it?
   A really good review of yours would be nice. Don't know if you got the Grovers or not, but will help hearing from you. Maybe wait a day or two, just so you can stop shaking from the experience of finally holding & playing it!  drool
   I placed my order earlier than #23, which is mine. Wanted the last # of the series. Then the 2nd order came. I have lots of time to decide about the tuners if I get some info. Maybe. Jim can work awfully fast when he gets going!
     Jeff

'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true
Frank_S

Ignore
« Reply #1457 on: April 07, 2010, 06:18:35 PM »

Dan, you'll be one of the first to post an impression of this guitar. Are you flying to Jim's to pick yours up? I don't know how you're going to have the will-power to stare @ that box for hours w/o opening it?
        Jeff

According to Jim, (wasn't that a TV show  ) he said that the guitar shipments from Larrivée may not go to him "in sequential order", meaning he could get #20 before #3, and so on.

All Lefties.
Larrivée L-03-
Larrivée L-03R-
Larrivée 00-03MT Forum IV-#7
Gibson J45
Martin HD-28
Martin CEO-7
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1458 on: April 07, 2010, 08:13:36 PM »

According to Jim, (wasn't that a TV show  ) he said that the guitar shipments from Larrivée may not go to him "in sequential order", meaning he could get #20 before #3, and so on.

"The first shall be last, and the last shall be first..."

After all this time waiting, I'm really not anxious anymore, now that I know they're "done". 

Forum IV #6
lefty
tort guard
Active iBeam installed
standard everything else...

...including tuners!  bigrin

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1459 on: April 07, 2010, 09:34:21 PM »

"The first shall be last, and the last shall be first..."

After all this time waiting, I'm really not anxious anymore, now that I know they're "done". 

Forum IV #6
lefty
tort guard
Active iBeam installed
standard everything else...

...including tuners!  bigrin
  Ditto on the anxiety. But now "anticipation" is building up.

Jeff, I won't be flying to Jim's to pick up the F-IV. I really want to visit him at his store one day though. I am not getting anything done at all to my guitar. I will probably add bone pins with MOP in the dot and a bone saddle, as well as MOP tuner buttons and gold tuners.
    I do have the same Grovers that Tuffy put on his F-III and may pull the chrome button off and put white ones on the way Dermot showed us in his link. But at first I just want to enjoy it for a good while.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Pages: 1 ... 72 [73] 74 ... 96   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: