Pages: 1 ... 71 [72] 73 ... 96   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars  (Read 334578 times)
gitnoob

Ignore
« Reply #1420 on: April 01, 2010, 03:15:46 AM »

Very cool to see those babies lined up getting ready for shipping.

I am excited for those who bought one of the F-IV's.   So close!   I can't wait to hear the sound-clips and read the glowing reviews.   Oh, and how about some youtube vids, too?

Gits: 2004 P-01K, 2005 OM-03MT
Uke: Kala KA-ASKS with Larrivee Flamed Koa
Chops: fingerstyle noob
Denis
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1421 on: April 01, 2010, 10:59:50 AM »

OK, REALLY excited now!!!!  They look amazing!  Thanks again to Jim and Trinity Guitars.  Wouldn't have been possible without you.

Frederico

Ignore
« Reply #1422 on: April 01, 2010, 03:07:16 PM »

Sorry for a stupid question. blush

What should I choose among pickguard choices? No pickguard, clear or tortoise installed? If I choose not have any one install now, how can I install myself later? Is it easy or have to be by a tech or a luthier? 

Any one have pictures of a similar mahogany top guitar with these various options showing how they'd look? blush

Larrivee Forum IV
Martin OOO-28VS
Martin D-18GE Sunburst
Queequeg
Admin

« Reply #1423 on: April 01, 2010, 03:21:22 PM »

Pickguards are easy to install. They have a self-adhesive backing. Just peel it off and place it.
(Oh, and get it right the first time.)
I ordered it w/o a pickguard but here is an L-05MT (gloss) mahogany top with tortoise shell p/g.

A while back someone "photoshopped" an 00-03 and put up images of what a satin hogtop would look like both with and w/o a pickguard, but there's just too many pages to sort through now to find the post in question.
Denis
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1424 on: April 01, 2010, 03:23:25 PM »

Pickguards are easy to install. They have a self-adhesive backing. Just peel it off and place it.
(Oh, and get it right the first time.)

Yes, get it right thefirst time of have a tech do it. 

Mine will not have a pickguard, that's the way I like it.

jpmist

Ignore
« Reply #1425 on: April 01, 2010, 04:29:56 PM »

A while back someone "photoshopped" an 00-03 and put up images of what a satin hogtop would look like both with and w/o a pickguard, but there's just too many pages to sort through now to find the post in question.

Can't post it now, but the photoshopped 3 F-IV Amigos are here:  http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=29514.920
 on page 47

Larrivee OO-05
Larrivee OOV-03 MT SB
Taylor 322ce
Recording King ROS-16
Various Strats

Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jpmist
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1426 on: April 01, 2010, 06:22:28 PM »

Q, IYO, does the gloss give the PG that much of a different look? I decided not to have one put on, as I'll decide what type (black or dark TS?) when I look @ it. I love the color of a gloss HOG top. Can't wait to our tops? Tend to run a little different color than the back & sides, from what I've seen. Have a nice "shimmer" in the wood on top. The Larrivee PGs are a little funky, as far as color. Just my opinion. Lots of dots.
     Jeff

'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true
Stephen Basil

Ignore
« Reply #1427 on: April 01, 2010, 06:53:45 PM »

The herd of F-IV hogs is posted on the Trinity Guitars site. drool

OM-03R 2008 Twelfth Fret SE 5/12
LSV-03R 2009 Forum III 55/78
Queequeg
Admin

« Reply #1428 on: April 01, 2010, 07:18:40 PM »

Q, IYO, does the gloss give the PG that much of a different look? I decided not to have one put on, as I'll decide what type (black or dark TS?) when I look @ it. I love the color of a gloss HOG top. Can't wait to our tops? Tend to run a little different color than the back & sides, from what I've seen. Have a nice "shimmer" in the wood on top. The Larrivee PGs are a little funky, as far as color. Just my opinion. Lots of dots.
     Jeff
Looks about the same to me, Blues...
I just never got around to pulling this p/g off of the L-05MT. I would have long ago if I owned a hair dryer.
And I should own a hair dryer, as my hair is long enough to warrant one, but I keep thinking the last of it will fall out soon and then the only use I would have for such a device would be to remove pickguards.
What was the question?
Denis
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1429 on: April 01, 2010, 07:22:11 PM »

Looks about the same to me, Blues...
I just never got around to pulling this p/g off of the L-05MT. I would have long ago if I owned a hair dryer.
And I should own a hair dryer, as my hair is long enough to warrant one, but I keep thinking the last of it will fall out soon and then the only use I would have for such a device would be to remove pickguards.
What was the question?

My hair is really long and at nearly 43, I figure I'm gonna get to keep most of it...I never use a hair dryer  

The pickguards come off pretty easily if you do it slowly...not saying this is what you should do, this is wat I've done.  Then I usually just rub off the glue left behind.   Th FIII never had a pickguard so it wasn't an issue...the FIV will never have one either...

drool  I'm so looking forward to having a second guitar around the house....

Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1430 on: April 01, 2010, 10:58:30 PM »

If I choose not have any one install now, how can I install myself later? Is it easy or have to be by a tech or a luthier? 

As others have said the pick guard has a peel and stick back.  It's real easy to install, this is what you do.

1st- Place the pickguard on the top where you want it.

2nd- Put a couple of strips of blue painters masking tape (found at any Lowe's, H/D etc.) on the lower side away from the strings holding the pickguard in place like a pair of hinges.

3rd- tilt the pickguard up and lower it back down to make sure you have the tape in the ideal position so when lowered it goes right back down in the right spot. When your sure it's hinging properly remove the backing paper from the pickguard and carefully lower it in to position, smooth from the center out and your done.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
Queequeg
Admin

« Reply #1431 on: April 01, 2010, 11:18:42 PM »

As others have said the pick guard has a peel and stick back.  It's real easy to install, this is what you do.

1st- Place the pickguard on the top where you want it.

2nd- Put a couple of strips of blue painters masking tape (found at any Lowe's, H/D etc.) on the lower side away from the strings holding the pickguard in place like a pair of hinges.

3rd- tilt the pickguard up and lower it back down to make sure you have the tape in the ideal position so when lowered it goes right back down in the right spot. When your sure it's hinging properly remove the backing paper from the pickguard and carefully lower it in to position, smooth from the center out and your done.
Excellent, Roger! 
TrinityGuitars

Ignore
« Reply #1432 on: April 01, 2010, 11:34:24 PM »

OK, I know this is going to make some of you lose sleep, email 10 times, post on the forum 20 times and call me often but here goes anyway. John Jr. called just now to tell me that he is starting to ship today! I have no idea how many or what order. To be fair I will start at the lowest number that is paid in full and work to the end. It will not be long now.
Jim Holler

Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars
www.TrinityGuitars.com
TrinityGuitars

Ignore
« Reply #1433 on: April 01, 2010, 11:37:46 PM »

There are two folks that would like to find someone to take over there order and one extra guitar. The extra will have a label 00-03 MT   no indication of a forum guitar.  Please let me know or Kathy at Kathy@trinityguitars.com know if you want one of these guitars.

Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars
www.TrinityGuitars.com
Frederico

Ignore
« Reply #1434 on: April 02, 2010, 01:30:36 AM »

I never thought of having a chance of doing it, but I did it today!

I visited the factory and even without calling in advance, I was welcomed with a factory tour.  Our guide Jeremy is a young gentleman and very nice.  When we arrived at the rack which I recognized what the guitars were, I asked Jeremy if they were the F-IV's waiting to be shipped.  When he saw my big smiling face, he asked if I was one of the people who were waiting for them.  He was so nice to let me handle one and to take picture with.  However, I didn't know if that one was mine as the guitars were not labeled yet. I was so excited that everyone there was laughing at me.  

You can see there were only about half of them on the rack.  When I was wondering where the others had gone, Jeremy showed me the way to another room where two technicians were stringing the F-IV's.  They were just beautiful without pickguard (now that would be my choice).

We had a lot of fun and again never thought of doing this.

Here are some pix nice guitar

[attachment deleted by admin]

Larrivee Forum IV
Martin OOO-28VS
Martin D-18GE Sunburst
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1435 on: April 02, 2010, 01:37:13 AM »

Wow that was real strange... all our posts were deleted and the topic changed in this thread.
Still it is nice to see these pics.

I guess I'll post again that it is good to see Ed stringing these up and great to hear that Jeremy is around still. They both spent a lot of time with us last year when we picked up the F-III's. Really nice folk.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1436 on: April 02, 2010, 01:55:15 AM »

If they are stringing these up I guess that means they have the labels in them. Frederico did you see any Labels?

I like the look of this one, I think these will gloss up quite well.

[attachment deleted by admin]

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
johnny37

Ignore
« Reply #1437 on: April 02, 2010, 02:05:40 AM »

There is one extra Lefty guitar. If you want it let me know.

Must....resist.... crying  very....very.....very .....difficult........

1991 Larrivee lefty C19        Forum 3 #68A LS03 IS/RW HB lefty 
Yamaha FG450                    1993 Les Paul Standard lefty
Yamaha FG335                    2012 American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Classical (1974?)      2011 RS-2 w/P-90's
Takamine 12 string
Frank_S

Ignore
« Reply #1438 on: April 02, 2010, 02:20:25 AM »

Must....resist.... crying  very....very.....very .....difficult........

How long until you give in?  whistling
Seriously, It must be hard for the guys following this thread who didn't take part in it. I know I'd be tempted if I weren't already in.

All Lefties.
Larrivée L-03-
Larrivée L-03R-
Larrivée 00-03MT Forum IV-#7
Gibson J45
Martin HD-28
Martin CEO-7
appleknocker

Ignore
« Reply #1439 on: April 02, 2010, 02:38:00 AM »

Wow Frederico,
What fun!  Thanks for passing along the pics.
To use a term from my old surfing day....I am stoked!
Pages: 1 ... 71 [72] 73 ... 96   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: