F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Frederico on March 16, 2010, 07:07:32 PM
[...Jim's site says he still has the two Trinity Western's, but if they also require another separate preamp, I'm not sure I want to invest that much in amplification for a guitar that won't get used 'out' much. Anyone know about this (I'll also e-mail Jim, but I know he's busy)?

Trinity Western has active pre-amp so it doesn't require external pre-amp
If you're referring to the K&K Pure Western Mini, that does not require a pre-amp (although some do use one with it). I did for a while and sold the pre-amp and still use just the K&K Pure Western mini alone through a Genz Benz Shenandoah Series 60 LT 60W 2x6.5 acoustic combo amp.
And if you refer to something else, I'm sorry but with over 1300 posts here I simply cannot wade through it all to find the reference. This thread has become just a skosh unmanageable.

Quote from: Queequeg on March 19, 2010, 03:52:03 PM
If you're referring to the K&K Pure Western Mini, that does not require a pre-amp (although some do use one with it). I did for a while and sold the pre-amp and still use just the K&K Pure Western mini alone through a Genz Benz Shenandoah Series 60 LT 60W 2x6.5 acoustic combo amp.
And if you refer to something else, I'm sorry but with over 1300 posts here I simply cannot wade through it all to find the reference. This thread has become just a skosh unmanageable.

Queequeg,

Thanks for your comments.  After some conversations via e-mail with Jim Holler, I've decided to go with the Active iBeam. Same principle, a little less money.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Hello group. We have been getting some final info for some folks and looking forward to getting your guitar here and then off to you. I have updated the options page at http://www.trinityguitars.com/steelstr/larrivee/foruniv.html  If you get a chance please look at it and let us know what you want. Kathy Foster and i spent the better part of the day today reviewing all of the orders and the mass of emails to consolidate everyones information. Starting Monday Kathy will be sendin each of you an email with the info she has asking for conformation, changes and additions.  There are a few people who called or sent letters that we do not have emails for. We will try to call each of you. Thanks  We are getting close hang in there.
Kathy's email is Kathy@TrinityGuitars.com   
Jim Holler
Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars
www.TrinityGuitars.com

All I want is Jim to put in the bone saddle, bone nut and set it up with EJ16...it's gonna be sweet, I just know it!!!

Quote from: Denis on March 19, 2010, 05:31:16 PM
All I want is Jim to put in the bone saddle, bone nut and set it up with EJ16...it's gonna be sweet, I just know it!!!

Same here.  :+1:
All Lefties.
Larrivée L-03-
Larrivée L-03R-
Larrivée 00-03MT Forum IV-#7
Gibson J45
Martin HD-28
Martin CEO-7

I think most know this already :blush: but I just want my guitar. :+1:

Denis & Frank, same as I'm doing now. Plus the Oasis humidifier. Tuners to come later if needed, or when I have some extra bucks. Put the pic of the OO-03MT that was posted for the GOTM. Just looks cool & simple, even w/o the hardware on it.
   And Denis, just have to tell you how much I've always liked that pic of you with a OO that was GOTM. Just a cool, simple pic, but with lots of character! :thumb
     Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Hi,  From John Jr today
" i'll try to get a few more photos to you on monday for the folks. pretty much all the guitars are about 2/3 the way through.

have a good weekend jim.

john jr."

Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars
www.TrinityGuitars.com

Quote from: TrinityGuitars on March 20, 2010, 05:21:12 PM
Hi,  From John Jr today
" i'll try to get a few more photos to you on monday for the folks. pretty much all the guitars are about 2/3 the way through.

have a good weekend jim.

john jr."

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Thanks for the update, Jim!

:nanadance :nana_guitar

Yes, thanks Jim!

Can you ask Larrivee to use hide glue and scallop the braces on mine, before tap toning the top?   :humour:

I'm looking forward to the little brown box.
Play it daily for best results.

Quote from: prof_stack on March 20, 2010, 07:06:24 PM
Yes, thanks Jim!

Can you ask Larrivee to use hide glue and scallop the braces on mine, before tap toning the top?   :humour:

I'm looking forward to the little brown box.

Me too pleeeeeeease :bowdown:
Larrivee Forum IV
Martin OOO-28VS
Martin D-18GE Sunburst

All this HOG-top-mania has lead me to order a HOG-top classical guitar (see my link below).  I hope it sounds as good as my OM-05MT.  I have never seen a HOG top classical guitar.

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=31676.msg289708#msg289708

I know I could go for some more pics to keep me going until it gets here...hopefull John Jr will send them today and Jim will post them

Quote from: TrinityGuitars on March 20, 2010, 05:21:12 PM
Hi,  From John Jr today

have a good weekend jim.

john jr."

Sounds great to me.

Kathy is working hard to summarize all the add ons for the orders. You will all be getting emails in the next week with all you details and open balances.
I got the larger bushings in today and fit them to a Larrivee parlor. There is a photo posted on the form options page on the Trinity page of the front side look. Let us know as soon as you can so we can get more machines here for you. I have two sets in stock.  No photos form John yet. I will post as soon as I get any.
Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars
www.TrinityGuitars.com

Quote from: TrinityGuitars on March 22, 2010, 04:12:58 PM

I got the larger bushings in today and fit them to a Larrivee parlor. There is a photo posted on the form options page on the Trinity page of the front side look.

Is Photo2 on the FIV options page a picture of a Sta-tite tuner, without the retaining nut and washer?
http://www.trinityguitars.com/steelstr/larrivee/graphics/forum/P3220189.jpg

Gordon
Montreal
Larrivee OM-03R SH, O-01, OO-03MT FIV
National Style O, National Polychrome Tricone
Gibson B25-12, Brunner OG Basic and a few others

Quote from: bobsnob on March 22, 2010, 05:41:32 PM
Is Photo2 on the FIV options page a picture of a Sta-tite tuner, without the retaining nut and washer?
http://www.trinityguitars.com/steelstr/larrivee/graphics/forum/P3220189.jpg

Gordon

I think that pic shows the actual round bushing that pushes down from the top and holds the tuner in place...they're much smaller (they don't have a washer) than the stock tuners...it's a different (some would say 'vintage') look. WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get).

Quote from: Mikeymac on March 22, 2010, 09:55:50 PM
I think that pic shows the actual round bushing that pushes down from the top and holds the tuner in place...they're much smaller (they don't have a washer) than the stock tuners...it's a different (some would say 'vintage') look. WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get).

You are correct.   There is no washer.   there are two types of bushings though.   The one in the picture is the round one and there is also a hex shaped bushing.  They are both smaller than the washers on the stock tuners.  There is no retaining nut;  just press fit bushing and the shaft of the tuner machine fits through it.  The machine is held in place with the two screws on the backing plate.

Quote from: tuffythepug on March 23, 2010, 01:05:03 AM
You are correct.   There is no washer.   there are two types of bushings though.   The one in the picture is the round one and there is also a hex shaped bushing.  They are both smaller than the washers on the stock tuners.  There is no retaining nut;  just press fit bushing and the shaft of the tuner machine fits through it.  The machine is held in place with the two screws on the backing plate.

Ah.  I think I get it.  
But the bushing in the photo seemed to look a lot smaller than in the picture of your FIII.   I'll need to take a closer look.

Montreal
Larrivee OM-03R SH, O-01, OO-03MT FIV
National Style O, National Polychrome Tricone
Gibson B25-12, Brunner OG Basic and a few others

OK,  I just want to be completely clear, you have to email Kathy at Kathy@trinityguitars.com, myself at JimHoller@TrinityGuitars.com or call 716 665 4490 to give us the details of what you want with your guitar ie. options and set up. If you have done this thanks. No need to do it again. If not please take the time to review the list at http://www.trinityguitars.com/steelstr/larrivee/foruniv.html   I am follwing the discussion here but will not be able to take order information based on a forum post. As you might imagine it is just to confusing.  Hope you understand.  The conformation emails will start arriving in you inbox soon.  Some should already have them.
  Thanks for your help!   Jim Holler   :nice guitar:   I just know that you will be using this alot!
Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars
www.TrinityGuitars.com