F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Another reason for building them in Vancouver versus Oxnard might be employee pay scale...I would assume that cost of living is less in western Canada than southern California, so it stands to reason that labor costs would be less up north as well. Therefore, the lower price, lower profit margin models are made there. The more expensive models are made in CA.

Now we know what we already knew - Larrivee IS building our guitars.  :rolleye:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

The reason Larrivee built the 00-03 in Oxnard was to make things more complicated. We used to be able to say the 03 series were all built in Canada and the newer 05 and up were built in USA.   :doh
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

It really is nice to know that they have the necks about ready to fit up and that they could be shipped at the end of the month. That was some very helpful communication made by Q. :donut

Quote from: cke on March 09, 2010, 02:34:38 PM
The 00-03's were made in  Oxnard. They sent the molds to Vancouver to make the Forum IV's. Different craftsmen.

My old man always says, "Patience is a virtue." And I'm not even on the list for one!

Also I would not assume that all of the dimensions are exactly the same.  The soundboard thickness may be different for example since hog is stiffer than spruce.

Hi group.  I finaly got this update from John Jr. yeaterday.  I know this process has not gone the way we all would have hoped. ie no photos and a void in information. We are however close to the timing and I am confident that we will have some very cool guitars! I have also learned that I missed some emails. Sorry about that. I have been attacked by three nasty viruses this year. One to my body ( took me out for 3 weeks. ) and two to my computer. Both times on the computer I lost data and emails.  I now have a second computer and a nightly automated back up system  so that I can recover the data if I have any further issues. I just do not understand the mentality behind the destructive virus programs. Cause all kinds of damage with no gain to the guilty party. Any way  if I have missed one of you emails please resend it if still want me to look at it for you.
   I am putting together a list of options for the guitars that I will post on my web page in a day or so. This will make it easy for folks to select the most asked for options. As soon as it is done I will post a link here.

From John yesterday 3/9/10
hi jim

ricky asked me to give you an update on production.

all guitars have been started. most of them are approaching neck fit. that means the bodies have been built. i expect most of them will be finished by month end. that is my goal given any unforeseen issues. everything does seem to be rolling along just fine though.

i would like to ship whatever i have at the end of the month . then if there are any stragglers i would ship the rest following.

i will try to send a few photos.

john jr.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com

Woohoo!!!  Thanks for the update Jim!  I really hope we get to see a couple of pics!!

I AM HAPPY, YAAAAAY!!!

:nana_guitar :nana_guitar :nana_guitar

-James

Larrivee P-03
Martin 000-28
Martin OMSW-Cherry
Martin Backpacker Steel String
Takamine Classical
Early Ovation Celebrity
Roland A-60 Acoustic Amplifier

Quote from: Trinity Guitars on March 10, 2010, 06:36:47 AM
Hi group.  I finaly got this update from John Jr. yeaterday.  I know this process has not gone the way we all would have hoped. ie no photos and a void in information. We are however close to the timing and I am confident that we will have some very cool guitars! I have also learned that I missed some emails. Sorry about that. I have been attacked by three nasty viruses this year. One to my body ( took me out for 3 weeks. ) and two to my computer. Both times on the computer I lost data and emails.  I now have a second computer and a nightly automated back up system  so that I can recover the data if I have any further issues. I just do not understand the mentality behind the destructive virus programs. Cause all kinds of damage with no gain to the guilty party. Any way  if I have missed one of you emails please resend it if still want me to look at it for you.
   I am putting together a list of options for the guitars that I will post on my web page in a day or so. This will make it easy for folks to select the most asked for options. As soon as it is done I will post a link here.

From John yesterday 3/9/10
hi jim

ricky asked me to give you an update on production.

all guitars have been started. most of them are approaching neck fit. that means the bodies have been built. i expect most of them will be finished by month end. that is my goal given any unforeseen issues. everything does seem to be rolling along just fine though.

i would like to ship whatever i have at the end of the month . then if there are any stragglers i would ship the rest following.

i will try to send a few photos.

john jr.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:guitar   Sweeeeeeeeet   :thumbsup

Thank you, Jim!  And sorry for your illness and computer issues!  Both are very frustrating, time consuming and energy robbing...hope you're getting better and catching up with things (as much as is possible with 28-30 guitars coming your way!).

:nana_guitar

Updates.....an elixir (groan) to all that await their forum guitars!!!!!
Taylor 424ce SL
Breedlove Pro C25/CRH
Rainsong OM
Composite Acoustics OX Raw ( Peavey)
Rainsong OM
Voyage Air VAOM-1C (2)
Baden D style Mahogany
Journey Instruments Spruce/Mahogany
Prestige Eclipse

Jim, know that you're really busy. This is a situation where John should be keeping you up tp date. As I had saisd, this is 28 guitars. Giving you an email with updates takes less than 5 minutes from Vancouver? As far as we're all concerned, you're the man! Thanks for the update & all! :thumb
     Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Happy Times!!! :bgrin:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: BluesMan1 on March 10, 2010, 08:53:51 AM
   Jim, know that you're really busy. This is a situation where John should be keeping you up tp date. As I had saisd, this is 28 guitars. Giving you an email with updates takes less than 5 minutes from Vancouver? As far as we're all concerned, you're the man! Thanks for the update & all! :thumb
     Jeff

Jim did say that John sent him a couple e-mails that he never received because of computer viruses - so Larrivee was making the effort to give an update or two.

Bugs in the system, ghosts in the machine...  :mad:

Hey, didn't Sting say the same thing (Ghosts in the Machine, for those that aren't hip enough to know)? Might have discovered PC virus' before they even existed! :humour:
   Now, with Larrivee emails in floating around in cyberspace, maybe one will just pop into one of our PCs, just like a "ghost in a machine"? :bgrin:
   Any news is good news, as long as it's good. At least we have a time frame to guesstimate from?
     Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

OK,  I just put up an options page at http://www.trinityguitars.com/steelstr/larrivee/foruniv.html
 I would post it here but there is pricing on the page so it would not be cool. I am still trying to find a non retail source to purchase the Gotoh tuning machines to try to save us all some money. Spent a few hours today and no luck yet. Looks like I will be able to get all but the black. As soon as I get the info I will update the page and post here that I have done so. I the worst case we will have to buy them retail/ I also want to check with Larrivee on the stock tuners. If it is the mini pings has anyone replaced them with the mini 510's?
Jim Holler
Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars
www.TrinityGuitars.com

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on March 10, 2010, 03:55:13 PM
Jim are Waverlies an Option as I know there seemed to be a few that were interested in installing these including myself
The waverlies require a different hole size for the shaft. The bushing is a push in type and not threaded to the shaft like most open tuners.
Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars
www.TrinityGuitars.com

Quote from: TrinityGuitars on March 10, 2010, 04:01:41 PM
  The waverlies require a different hole size for the shaft. The bushing is a push in type and not threaded to the shaft like most open tuners.

Thanks Jim that is certainly nice to know I then like many others want the least evasive ( a little flippant I know  :smile: )
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Hi Jim, thanks for the updates ...  :thumbsup

Will bone pins also be an option?  I would like to have mine with Collosi pins.
Please inform.

gruss aus Schwarzwald,
Peter

Should I mention to Jim that I will be using this guitar pretty much for fingerstyle play to set up the action accordingly? I'm going for the bone saddle and nut. Is setup included in the install? Sorry if this is a stupid question.  :laughin:
All Lefties.
Larrivée L-03-
Larrivée L-03R-
Larrivée 00-03MT Forum IV-#7
Gibson J45
Martin HD-28
Martin CEO-7