F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

With all the e-mails from here to Larrivee and the posts that we know are at least read at times it's obvious that this is being ignored and put on a back burner.
     I was playing a "mahogany" 00015 yesterday and it was sure a sweet one. Just saying I could have had it right then and there from a local dealer who knows me and has taken very good care of me when I buy from them.

I know we will get a nice 00 someday and all that, but a little "genuine" Larrivee information is needed now.

Cherokee Guitar/Larrivee is going to be in Austin next week for SXSW and I'll be there to see what they have. Maybe we can expect something to come forth in the next week or so. :?

Dan & Denis I'm there with you. Have 2 options for a new guitar, one forcing me to sell my slot. Don't want to, has been long enough w/o any definitive new. Yes, a Martin OOO-15s, Honduran HOG, bone nut & saddle, lightly colored, (not as dark as a normal -15 series), Gotoh 510s, & more from the Custom Shop, brand new. -17 series gloss, but like a -28 series finish. Will arrive soon. The other is zork's OOO-50. For that one, would have to give up my slot (promised already), so a move I don't want to do.
   We all have some kind of patience, but a breaking point is easy to reach & react to. Just have to wait it out? :?
     Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Hmmm...what's all the fuss about? We know that the guitar are being built in Vancouver, we know that the prototype has been finished, they've told us they've started building the guitars...

...and this is only the 2nd full week of March.  I'd say we should just relax (and believe me, I'm as anxious as ANYONE to have another Larrivee, especially a Forum guitar, finally!).  I'd rather have Larrivee focusing their staff and their time and energy on building quality guitars rather than taking pictures and trying to keep a website updated.  I know that's been part of the 'fun' in the past, but maybe in this economy they just don't have the extra hands to make that happen.

Something tells me that in the next two-three weeks, Jim is going to hear that some guitars have been shipped...  :thumb
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Emails and all requests for info really should be going to Jim, the official dealer who is coordinating this order, and when he has info, he should post it here.

While it would be nice if the Larrivees communicated more directly with the Forum, they don't - I know the anxiety y'all are going through, but direct your inquiries to Jim, and (justifiably) assume that everyone at the factory is far too busy building your guitars to respond to every inquiry they get.

Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -

Quote from: tadol on March 09, 2010, 10:53:59 AM
Emails and all requests for info really should be going to Jim, the official dealer who is coordinating this order, and when he has info, he should post it here.

While it would be nice if the Larrivees communicated more directly with the Forum, they don't - I know the anxiety y'all are going through, but direct your inquiries to Jim, and (justifiably) assume that everyone at the factory is far too busy building your guitars to respond to every inquiry they get.

:+1:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: tadol on March 09, 2010, 10:53:59 AM

What he said...

...here's a question for you all: If we keep pestering Larrivee - or Jim Holler, for that matter - what are the chances they're going to want to do Forum V when the time comes? Again, I'd say just relax; they're building our guitars right now, even as we obsess! Let's not ruin it for future builds!

Quote from: Mikeymac on March 09, 2010, 11:02:25 AM
What he said...

...here's a question for you all: If we keep pestering Larrivee - or Jim Holler, for that matter - what are the chances they're going to want to do Forum V when the time comes? Again, I'd say just relax; they're building our guitars right now, even as we obsess! Let's not ruin it for future builds!

Here is a question for y'all. What are the chances we will want to do a F-V?  The door swings both ways in the end.

Quote from: dependan on March 09, 2010, 11:04:00 AM
  Here is a question for y'all. What are the chances we will want to do a F-V?  The door swings both ways in the end.

Danny, I understand what you're saying, and you've worked hard to pull this guitar together, and I truly appreciate it - thank you so much, once again!

But some of us are not as hung up about how long it's taking as others, evidently. I don't feel the least bit slighted by Larrivee over this build. I understand many of you had a very different experience with the last one that colors how you're experiencing this build process...but I think "the times, they are a changin'," and it's hard to expect Larrivee to do it the same way every time.

Maybe for some of you, part of what you were buying was the whole interaction and customer involvement aspect...and that's cool...that's actually a very important part of many companies' business model today; they're selling customer experience as much as the product. I'm not sure if that's part of Larrivee's business model, or their priorities. But I'm willing to go without that on a guitar that's this nice for this kind of a price. If it were $400-500 more, yeah, I might be expecting a website/facebook page...but not at this 'bare bones' price.

Again, all I'm saying is that this won't keep me from wanting to participate in another Forum Guitar build in the future. That's just me.

Quote from: dependan on March 09, 2010, 11:04:00 AM
 Here is a question for y'all. What are the chances we will want to do a F-V?  The door swings both ways in the end.

depends on what get planned...I usually only order odd number forum guitars....I had a 1 and a three...skipped two and four...so maybe I'd need a V! Not interested in cedar though....maybe a sunburst SD-50 with adirondack top!
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

I do understand EVERY point and post made regarding this subject. I also will state how I feel about it. I have very few round edges. More like a porcupine than a gerbil. :donut

Y'all have a great day. :+1:

Quote from: Mikeymac on March 09, 2010, 11:11:39 AM
Again, all I'm saying is that this won't keep me from wanting to participate in another Forum Guitar build in the future. That's just me.

Maybe part of the reason I feel this way is that I had a great experience buying my RS-4. I talked with Matthew on the phone (at his invitation); he addressed my concerns about why they switched from Lollar to the in-house pickups. He also told me they had three lefty Rootbeer burst models almost done, if I was interested in one, and that swayed me to that 'new' finish color that they were offering.

And the RS-4 guitar is amazing! It reminds me of when I got my first Larrivee in 1992...another great buying experience - pretty uncommon for us lefty players, I can tell you. The RS-4 experience just reinforced my already strong loyalty to Larrivee because I felt like they cared about me, the customer.  Every time I pick up and play one of those guitars, I know I'm holding an amazing, quality, toneful instrument.  Life is good.

So I have no complaints.

Tad, personally, haven't sent Larrivee any emails. Matt responded to me about a post on 2/22, telling me about the "test" git & that all seemed ready to progress rapidly. Wasn't quite as I interpreted @ first. Reread it & the seemed popped out @ me. As you say, Jim is the one to keep us up to date. He told me a few couple of weeks back that he would touch base with John & get some info. I emailed him, as Dan thought would be a good idea, just what Matt had told me. Said that he was going to try to get the test guitar to his shop. Nothing new from John. Matt also said not to count on the Facebook thing again, as they ARE busy up there.
   This is a grey area, as Jim should be supplied with some updates periodically. It's not like ordering one custom guitar. 28 were ordered. Jim should be trying to get more info, but he also is really busy. So, where do we stand? Just some updated info would be nice, Matt nice enough to tell me what was happening back then. Facebook? Don't really care, as I've seen many guitars built step-by-step. Approximate due date, where they are now, these are just things that would satisfy most. When I posted what Matt said, seemed to help for a day or two. Then the naysayers started with humor, that turning into other questions (same as the F-III build), now full circle back to where we were.
   I'm sure Dan will try to get an email to Jim. I'll send one also, but he is literally so busy now with his new shop & 2 new helpers. Just want to know where we stand, that's all. Not really asking much? Yes, I can picture in my head what the guitar will look like, so pics aren't needed. The second ordering date, which held up the first since they were combined & not put in until 1/16, messed everyone that placed an order on 12/15 up. Think those are the impatient ones, me being in that group? I asked Jim for the last serial #. Then he tells me that there are now 2 dates to order. Do I want the last from the first or from the second? He wasn't even aware of the combined order until later. Just thought it would be cool, like Dan wanting #2. When I asked him later about the last #, he said that they were already set. Lost my #23/23 because of this. Just a number. All I want is a nice guitar.
   Take their time, do it right, but let Jim know how all's progressing? :?
   Not asking much. Just one email. Matt contacted John either by phone or email to get the info he told me. Simple enough thing to do again?
     Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Just heard from Jim H & from Matt L, too. We will be getting updates soon (I am confident now).
from Matt...
"I do know that the guitars are being built right now – and I believe they are at least half way completed. The last update I had was that one prototype was completed to verify that we would make them correctly. Once that prototype was completed production started right away."
and this from Jim Holler: (he is quoting John L here)
"all guitars have been started. most of them are approaching neck fit. that means the bodies have been built. i expect most of them will be finished by month end. that is my goal given any unforeseen issues. everything does seem to be rolling along just fine though. i would like to ship whatever i have at the end of the month. i will try to send a few photos."

Quote from: Queequeg on March 09, 2010, 02:09:41 PM
Just heard from Jim H & from Matt L, too. We will be getting updates soon (I am confident now).
from Matt...
"I do know that the guitars are being built right now – and I believe they are at least half way completed. The last update I had was that one prototype was completed to verify that we would make them correctly. Once that prototype was completed production started right away."
"all guitars have been started. most of them are approaching neck fit. that means the bodies have been built. i expect most of them will be finished by month end. that is my goal given any unforeseen issues. everything does seem to be rolling along just fine though. i would like to ship whatever i have at the end of the month. i will try to send a few photos."

Sounds promising, but could somebody tell me why are they making a prototype?  Didn't they just make and sell a few dozen examples of exactly the same guitar but with a spruce top?   

Quote from: Denis on March 09, 2010, 02:30:56 PM
Sounds promising, but could somebody tell me why are they making a prototype?  Didn't they just make and sell a few dozen examples of exactly the same guitar but with a spruce top?   

The 00-03's were made in  Oxnard. They sent the molds to Vancouver to make the Forum IV's. Different craftsmen.

My old man always says, "Patience is a virtue." And I'm not even on the list for one!
Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

Quote from: cke on March 09, 2010, 02:34:38 PM
The 00-03's were made in  Oxnard. They sent the molds to Vancouver to make the Forum IV's. Different craftsmen.

My old man always says, "Patience is a virtue." And I'm not even on the list for one!

Wouldn't have made more sense to just have them make them in Oxnard where they already had the experience? 

Quote from: Denis on March 09, 2010, 02:38:37 PM
Wouldn't have made more sense to just have them make them in Oxnard where they already had the experience? 

To me? Sure, but my guess it was a business decision. And after all, -03's are Vancouver's assignment normally. Why did they make the 00-03's specials in Oxnard?  :?
Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden

Quote from: Denis on March 09, 2010, 02:38:37 PM

Probably just had the time and room to do them in Vancouver, while Oxnard may have had other work scheduled.  Both nice places, good people, shouldn't be an issue -

As far as building a prototype - that is the best way to make sure all your jigs and tooling is properly set-up, make sure your people understand the finished product, and to correct for any problems that may be discovered during the process. I'd be far more concerned if they hadn't - 
Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -

Quote from: tadol on March 09, 2010, 03:20:34 PM
Probably just had the time and room to do them in Vancouver, while Oxnard may have had other work scheduled.  Both nice places, good people, shouldn't be an issue -

As far as building a prototype - that is the best way to make sure all your jigs and tooling is properly set-up, make sure your people understand the finished product, and to correct for any problems that may be discovered during the process. I'd be far more concerned if they hadn't - 

Well, you won't hear me complaining that they're being made in Vancouver....ok, I can wait a little longer...

Thanks for getting us the straight scoop Mark :+1:

Quote from: Queequeg on March 09, 2010, 02:09:41 PM
from Matt...