F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where do you put the socks?  Mine really fits fine.  Not tight but no need for extra socks.   :? 

Quote from: dependan on March 04, 2010, 04:12:44 PM
 They gave us OM-03 cases. Which are OK and smell great, but fit like a pair of shoes that's too large. So you put on extra socks. Which is what I did ie. stuff a few socks in there to hold it tight.

???  My F-III case is significantly smaller than my case for my OM-03R.  Both fit fine.

Denis, the cases for the F-IIIs were OM cases. Sold mine to someone looking for an OM case, fit like a glove. The F-III, a classical case I bought fit it like a glove. Like I said, wasn't a big deal @ first, but was stuffing cloths in the case to keep it from moving around. I bought an archtop classical case that fits. This came up before, many saying a classical size seemed to fit perfect. Didn't believe them until I measured all. Doesn't matter, as long as you're happy.
   Like I said, spent $120 on a case that will protect my baby. Money well spent. Was advertised as a classical, was told to measure my F-III & found the bouts were about 1/4" larger. So, 1/8" bigger on each side. Like a glove! OM case. The person thanked me for lowering the price to $25, just to make room in my place. Said it was a perfect fit. The tuners & the cases were 2 of the big discussions after all got their guitars. LOTS of posts. I posted to just put a cloth or 2 in the case & it worked. Just got sick of doing it every time? :?
     Jeff
   And I put my socks on my feet, as Dan does now that he has a case that, as I said, is proper for the guitar. Those cases are a non-issue now. I'm wondering about the F-IV ones. Dan, you're right about alot, so I hpe this isn't any different.
   Denis, being serious, I know you just can't wait to get your hands on the OO. Makes me think of the pic of you playing that spruce top one. Pretty sight!
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Well, if it's an OM case, it fits just fine.  I've never felt like it's moving around when I've taken it out of the house? 

Denis, by the way, love your playing. I can't finger pick due to playing backwards (might figure out a way?), you being soo good. Whatever the hell the case is! :humour: :+1:
     Jeff

No, the FIII cases do not fit perfectly, but for me, it's close enough.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: Denis on March 04, 2010, 04:35:09 PM
Where do you put the socks?  Mine really fits fine.  Not tight but no need for extra socks.   :? 

Quote from: AZLiberty on March 04, 2010, 05:31:44 PM
???  My F-III case is significantly smaller than my case for my OM-03R.  Both fit fine.

I think y'all must have got different cases than some of us. There was a lot of discussion about this last year and several have bought new cases. We were all trying out different ones and some even found the Larrivee LS archtop cases, but not many were available.
                I think a classical case would fit the F-III very snugly. But mine is definitely an OM flat topped case.

Quote from: AZLiberty on March 04, 2010, 05:31:44 PM
???  My F-III case is significantly smaller than my case for my OM-03R.  Both fit fine.

I am going to have to retract my earlier statement.

Upon careful inspection, my F-III case appears to be smaller than my OM-03 Case in outside dimension only.  Plus it's only about 1/2" smaller.  I can easily tell which case is which when racked next to each other, but the interior dimensions are the same.  The cases (and guitars) were made 10 years apart, so Larrivee may have changed vendors at some point.

Although the F-III case holds the guitar snugly at the lower bout and at the top of the upper bout, there is a gap along the sides of the upper bout.  And my OM-03RE fits in both cases equally well.

I don't think the F-III case needs additional padding for ordinary use.  For flying or shipping, I might add additional padding on the sides (and around the neck of course).  But I don't fly with my Larrivees, I have a sacrificial guitar I take when flying. (Chinese Tacoma copy)

Quote from: AZLiberty on March 05, 2010, 12:02:06 AM
I don't think the F-III case needs additional padding for ordinary use.  For flying or shipping, I might add additional padding on the sides (and around the neck of course).  But I don't fly with my Larrivees, I have a sacrificial guitar I take when flying. (Chinese Tacoma copy)

I also think they are fine for ordinary use....and considered if they would be safe for shipping. 

Larrivee must think they are fine for shipping...in fact, they all were shipped in those cases at least once already!
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

What is stated above is some of our experience. If I remember right the F-III will also slide back and forth lengthwise also.
I would not use the case for travel at all. That's why I bought the "HEAVY" 5 ply Martin case that it fits perfectly in. I don't want number 1 of 78 crunched in an airplane hold. Though I have not had to store it there yet. I have managed to take it with me and stow it overhead.
   I like to take my F-III with me when I travel. I love to hear the comments of other players as they try it out. It has always been positive statements and sometimes amazement from some pretty good pickers.

Dan, my experiences have been the same. Everyone that plays my F-III (same wood combo as yours) are in awe of the sound it produces. Then, when I tell them what I paid, they want to know where to get one. :drool: Just smile & tell them to look real hard! :thumb
   If we post enough about the F-IV case & what we hope it will be, Matt will probably read it & if in a good mood, surprise us with deluxe ones. After he talks to Johnny & Dad!
     Jeff

Quote from: BluesMan1 on March 05, 2010, 08:46:49 AM
   Dan, my experiences have been the same. Everyone that plays my F-III (same wood combo as yours) are in awe of the sound it produces. Then, when I tell them what I paid, they want to know where to get one. :drool: Just smile & tell them to look real hard! :thumb
   If we post enough about the F-IV case & what we hope it will be, Matt will probably read it & if in a good mood, surprise us with deluxe ones. After he talks to Johnny & Dad!
     Jeff
Jeff I'm not sure about that. This is not putting a good light on Larrivee for us to say the cases didn't fit. So they may react the other way. This forum probably drive the up a wall at times.

I'm sure the case will be the one they costed out when they were putting the pricing together for this deal. People wanted the price kept as low as possible, so I think they will be the -03 cases, just like the F3s. Nothing wrong with them -
Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -

Since I didn't order an FIV I don't have a personal stake in this.  However, a word of caution.....

Here is a pic of a portion of the Vancouver plant.    This is what happened to the last person who complained about their Larrivee case.    :whistling:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quote from: tuffythepug on March 05, 2010, 10:19:46 AM
Since I didn't order an FIV I don't have a personal stake in this.  However, a word of caution.....

Here is a pic of a portion of the Vancouver plant.    This is what happened to the last person who complained about their Larrivee case.    :whistling:
Well pretty close, but I didn't get to reap the desired wieght loss.
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

You're not fooling anybody, Tuffy. That's tusq, not bone.

Anybody see any OO-03 cases in that bunch? :humour:  Q, you're pretty good @ telling the difference between things, such as bone & Tusq. Can you spot any? The cases won't be an issue until the guitars come. I don't care if it's an -03 series one, as long as it fits. I think the parlor is close. And, if we're an angst to Larrivee, all is misunderstood. It's a Forum. A place to shoot ideas, problems, hopes, & dreams back & forth. And, our love of Larrivees. How, with all of that, can we cause ill will? We're all brothers & sisters here, our comments just being that. Comments. If we can't speak our mind, in a tactful way if necessary, what's the point?
   And that's not Tusq. Fossilized bone from another culture? Back when our minds weren't as big & full of knowledge? :humour:
   About putting a good light about the cases, we all know what they were, how they fit, & it not being a problem. Unless you're as anal as some of us? :humour:
   Why can't we say that about the cases. Seems it was said by the same person a few posts before? And as was said, was a big issue with some last year. Wasn't with me, just doing the Dan method of padding the case a little. Again, worked until I got sick of the cloths. My super-duper archtop case says Larrivee on it. Fits because there's a Larrivee guitar inside?
   Tad, I agree about the cost. I'll take an -03 case with the F-IV. Come as you are, as the song says? Deal with it later, if an issue. This is all just talk. Matt probably reads most of this stuff & just laughs. Most?
     Jeff

This is just a guess but maybe due to the lean times Larrivee decided to build some 00 size guitars that were affordable. Seeing as they had the tooling at Oxnard maybe they decided to build them there.  Maybe they already had some 00 deluxe cases in stock and built that many 00's to eliminate some excess inventory.
Like I said, just a thought. there has to be a reasonable explanation why they used deluxe cases for the special 00-03 run.
Not trying to rain on anybody's parade, but better to expect the 03 case and if something nicer is supplied, great.  No point in setting yourself up for any disappointments.
This post is not directed at any individual, just wouldn't want anyone to be unhappy in the end.
TGIF     :donut2  :donut2  :donut2  :coffee  :coffee  :coffee

:beer  :beer  :beer
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Well spoken. Now, a moment of silence? :humour:
     Jeff