Pages: 1 ... 54 [55] 56 ... 96   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars  (Read 335211 times)
WPete

Ignore
« Reply #1080 on: March 02, 2010, 11:48:25 PM »

While many of us are anxiously waiting for news from Larrivee about building of the guitars, may I ask for your opinion on what pick-up you will install to this small bodied guitar? .....
Fun to think of mods while we wait - after watching this guy on a PV :
 http://www.youtube.com/user/lpattis#p/u
I was impressed both with his playing and the sound so asked what he was using, I'm thinking this might be a real good option.
 - from Larry Pattis - quoting his post from > Artists forum > Larrivee Guitar players:
"I am a dedicated Highlander IP-1 user, for internal electronics.  No need for a second source, and the IP-1 provides a rich, full and complex sound...having been a retailer for many years, and as a musician with access to everything out there, I find the Highlander is the absolute best solution for my live/plugged-in sound.  I always use a high quality reverb and front-end pre-amp - typically it's the Dr. Scientist Reverberator (a 24 bit foot-pedal reverb...superior to anything I have heard, portable, and with the right sound for acoustic guitar) and the Highlander PAMDI as the pre.  I also use the Bose T1 from time to time...but the Dr. Scientist reverb and the Highlander PAMDI are the superior sound."

L-03,  Forum-IV 003-Hog, RS-4 Hogtop HB's, Logan Custom Tele Rescue - (Aka used) (neck P-90)
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1081 on: March 03, 2010, 12:22:15 AM »

Dan, must have missed the case post. If Larrivee hasn't made these OO size guitars that much, include the deluxe case on the limited -03s (those not costing much more or the same as ours), what did they do? Have 28 cases made just for us? Sounds like an LS Forum build to be carried on, in some sort of Limited. Just watch. OO-03s will be popping up soon. Different than ours, but still would be a popular guitar for Larrivee. They don't waste time with getting things retooled, or the proper tooling sent to Vancouver, just for our build. Could have kept them in Oxnard. You rattled their brains a little & gave them a good idea? bowdown
   Hey, maybe you'll get your F-IV for free, for all of the input you gave them?   I'll put a vote in for you. But, then, can't forget Denis & others!
     Jeff

Jeff I am confused about the cases and the rest of the info. in your recent posts. Have I missed some announcement or something?

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1082 on: March 03, 2010, 12:59:44 AM »

Dan, the OO-03 Limiteds came with a deluxe case, probably because that's all they have. Why are we getting regular ones if that's the case? The rest is nothing more than giving credit where it's due. Wasn't the OO-03MT mainly your brainchild? That's all the references are made to be. Do you honestly think a OO-03MT isn't in Larrivees future? Being a betting man, I'll put money on it. Why waste moving all of the tooling to Vancouver from Oxnard where it was? That's where the OO-03 Limiteds were built. Oxnard. All had to be sent up to Canada & then the workers there had to figure out how to remember to build one. Considering that most weren't around when they were being made?
   That's all was meant & didn't think it would cause a problem. Sorry if you took all the wrong way. Not meant like that. Thought I could joke around with you, as you do sometimes with your posts, but won't anymore. My regrets. And regards.
     Jeff

'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1083 on: March 03, 2010, 01:26:10 AM »

Dan, the OO-03 Limiteds came with a deluxe case, probably because that's all they have. Why are we getting regular ones if that's the case? The rest is nothing more than giving credit where it's due. Wasn't the OO-03MT mainly your brainchild? That's all the references are made to be. Do you honestly think a OO-03MT isn't in Larrivees future? Being a betting man, I'll put money on it. Why waste moving all of the tooling to Vancouver from Oxnard where it was? That's where the OO-03 Limiteds were built. Oxnard. All had to be sent up to Canada & then the workers there had to figure out how to remember to build one. Considering that most weren't around when they were being made?
   That's all was meant & didn't think it would cause a problem. Sorry if you took all the wrong way. Not meant like that. Thought I could joke around with you, as you do sometimes with your posts, but won't anymore. My regrets. And regards.
     Jeff
  No "problem" Jeff. Just confusion on my understanding the posts.
 As far as the cases go Jim did tell me when this came up earlier to expect the standard 03 case. So I just pass along what he told me. No worries mate.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Frank_S

Ignore
« Reply #1084 on: March 03, 2010, 02:24:00 AM »

Jeff

Jeff, Do you know for a fact that they moved the tooling up to Canada?

All Lefties.
Larrivée L-03-
Larrivée L-03R-
Larrivée 00-03MT Forum IV-#7
Gibson J45
Martin HD-28
Martin CEO-7
AZLiberty
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1085 on: March 03, 2010, 02:55:08 AM »

Jeff, Do you know for a fact that they moved the tooling up to Canada?

We had that from Matt, but it's not that much tooling.  Other than the molds for the sides I can't think of anything that would have to be shipped.  That's the only tooling that is really model specific.  The TAP files for the CNC equipment one can just e-mail.

OM-03RE,
D-03R-12,
Parlor
LS-03 Forum-III #34 (IS/MH)

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/markhorning
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1086 on: March 03, 2010, 11:18:10 PM »

Matt had said that the main tooling was in Oxnard, where the OO-03 Limiteds were made. He mentioned the side-bending tools had to be sent & the workers, to make sure the gits were made right, build the test one. Made it sound like all came out great & he believed they were progressing @ an accelerated rate (his words). This was on 1/22, so progress is being made?
     Jeff

Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1087 on: March 04, 2010, 01:00:07 AM »

Matt had said that the main tooling was in Oxnard, where the OO-03 Limiteds were made. He mentioned the side-bending tools had to be sent & the workers, to make sure the gits were made right, build the test one. Made it sound like all came out great & he believed they were progressing @ an accelerated rate (his words). This was on 1/22, so progress is being made?
     Jeff

You meant 2/22.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1088 on: March 04, 2010, 04:55:13 PM »

Don't tell me what I meant! Oops, you're right. All right, I was off a month!   Man, nitpicking'. Should have said "this year"! bigrin  Still, progress is being made.
   As far as the cases, Jim was told we would get -03 series ones? Missed that one. If this is a size that is normally made in higher series guitars, the OO-03 spruce tops coming with a deluxe archtop case (check out the one on Dave's GA site), they are either giving us an oddball case as in the F-IIIs (OM case) or having a bunch made for future use. As I told Dan, this OO-03MT provided them with a new -03 series size, which I guarantee will be popular. Just wish we get the deluxe ones. Had to go out & buy a case that fit my F-III & protected it as it deserves to be. The Pings aren't even an issue on my F-III, but for looks, am swapping them out for open-gear tuners. LMII has some made for them by Gotoh with all metal parts.
    Jeffro

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1089 on: March 04, 2010, 05:08:20 PM »

Actually Jim just said to "expect the 03 series Cases".

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1090 on: March 04, 2010, 05:30:04 PM »

Just didn't think they made them, the OOs being used on higher end series. Must be having them made? Or, any idea what -03 series case it will fit in w/o lots of extra room? Thinks the parlor cases are close. And the only -03 series one that might fit? Hope Jim's wrong on this one. Not often he is, but a deluxe would fit it perfect. I don't want to deal with trying to find a case that fits it perfect. And I want it to say Larrivee on it!  +1
     Jeff

Dotneck
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1091 on: March 04, 2010, 05:55:09 PM »

Just didn't think they made them, the OOs being used on higher end series. Must be having them made? Or, any idea what -03 series case it will fit in w/o lots of extra room? Thinks the parlor cases are close. And the only -03 series one that might fit? Hope Jim's wrong on this one. Not often he is, but a deluxe would fit it perfect. I don't want to deal with trying to find a case that fits it perfect. And I want it to say Larrivee on it! 

I'll bet a donut that Larrivee will ship them in cases that fit properly....

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1092 on: March 04, 2010, 06:01:45 PM »

What about the F-III cases? OMs. What size -03 cases do you see them using? Is the parlor that close? Not causing dissention, just trying to figure out the case.
     Jeff

JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #1093 on: March 04, 2010, 06:09:38 PM »

Would rather know the Tuners as heard they may have stopped using Pings. Would like to know in order to have Mr. HOLLER plan for immediate replacement or not 

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1094 on: March 04, 2010, 06:15:33 PM »

Am already ordering some, sending one set to Jim to install. Think you should expect Ping minis. Have had no problems on my F-III with them, just want open-geared ones.
   Don't you want a case that will fit? Had to stuff some things in my F-III case to keep the guitar from moving everytime I picked up the case. No big deal @ first, but got a little sick of it after a while? Ended up finding a proper case for a righteous guitar!
     Jeff

Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1095 on: March 04, 2010, 09:16:47 PM »

Am already ordering some, sending one set to Jim to install. Think you should expect Ping minis. Have had no problems on my F-III with them, just want open-geared ones.
   Don't you want a case that will fit? Had to stuff some things in my F-III case to keep the guitar from moving everytime I picked up the case. No big deal @ first, but got a little sick of it after a while? Ended up finding a proper case for a righteous guitar!
     Jeff

You're saying that Larrivee didn't have a proper fitting case for the F-III guitars? LS body, right?  Seems strange? 

As to what we'll get with the F-IV: whoever makes these cases for Larrivee, they already have the basic case body available; all they would have to do would be to build a cheaper, flat lid to attach to the current body and - "wa-la" - cheaper case for the 00-03 guitars (esp. if Larrivee keeps making these as a standard model).

I, too, would prefer the archtop case, but seriously, for the price of this guitar, it wouldn't be out of line to be getting a "soft" case / gigbag (I know, I know - "SHHHHH!!!").

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Denis
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1096 on: March 04, 2010, 09:42:19 PM »

The FIII case is basically a Larrivee flat top classical case, isn't it?

srk635

Ignore
« Reply #1097 on: March 04, 2010, 09:47:15 PM »

I stumbled upon this forum and this thread while researching my new guitar buying process. Great stuff here and I am more leaning towards Larrivee from Taylor after a while in this forum. Price and quality seems to better suit me.

Can somebody PM me the price of the F-IV? I see the deadline is Jan. Is there a way to get in on it if I decide to get the Larrivee? Appreciate any help.

-R
prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1098 on: March 04, 2010, 09:56:28 PM »

I stumbled upon this forum and this thread while researching my new guitar buying process. Great stuff here and I am more leaning towards Larrivee from Taylor after a while in this forum. Price and quality seems to better suit me.

Can somebody PM me the price of the F-IV? I see the deadline is Jan. Is there a way to get in on it if I decide to get the Larrivee? Appreciate any help.

-R
Welcome to the forum!  Contact Jim Holler @ trinityguitars.com   
He can put you on a type of wait list for people who might back out.

Play it daily for best results.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1099 on: March 04, 2010, 10:12:44 PM »

The FIII case is basically a Larrivee flat top classical case, isn't it?
 They gave us OM-03 cases. Which are OK and smell great, but fit like a pair of shoes that's too large. So you put on extra socks. Which is what I did ie. stuff a few socks in there to hold it tight.
   But then I bought a Martin 5 ply Gieb style case that hugs it like a baby. It is also an OM/000 case but Marin sizes are a tad smaller than Larrivees so it fits real nice.

As far as the 00 goes we "may" get the archtop case, BUT we don't know for sure that we will.
      However I know that the case will be the right fit on the F-IV. +1

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Pages: 1 ... 54 [55] 56 ... 96   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: