F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My F-III is 4 1/16" at the end pin, three inches either side of the end pin it's 4" and at the apex of the curve from the end pin to the waist it is 3 15/16".
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: BluesMan1 on February 27, 2010, 06:58:58 PM
   Dan, the specs are posted right below my last post. So, the specs might be off? I had to measure the size of my F-III for a new case, a classical archtop that fits like a glove. Mine was a hair over 4" in the lower bout. Go figure? :?
     Jeff
Quote from: Mr_LV19E on February 27, 2010, 07:14:44 PM
My F-III is 4 1/16" at the end pin, three inches either side of the end pin it's 4" and at the apex of the curve from the end pin to the waist it is 3 15/16".

OK you two got me thinking and I am mistaken. I was thinking about my 1st LSV-11 and the 2cnd one. The 1st was at specs. and the 2cnd was more like a OMV. I was just playing my F-III and so I measured it and it is just like Rogers measurements which I would consider correct as was spec'ed out.
        Also my F-III is 15 1/4 at the lower bout and it was spec'ed at 15". I think that also is where I got that extra 1/4''  from.  This is small potatoes to most players, but 15" is the largest lower bout I can handle for an extended time. (torn rotator cuff etc.)

Hey everyone, thanks so much for answering my question so quickly. I must say this is the most respectful and welcoming forum I have been apart of!

Thanks again for posting those pictures, and that video. That was a beautiful song. The thought of having a forum IV and potentially being able to one day play like that makes it really appealing haha.

I don't know if any of you guys know but I know that the orders have been placed and all that. But does anyone know if there is a waiting list if someone wants to pull out last minute? Or if there is any of those guitars available as of now? I also remember reading somewhere that they made some extra forum III do you know if that will be the case with this one?

THanks again everyone I truly appreciate it!

I suspect that Larrivee would only make "extras" if they were ordered by a dealer - in this case - Jim at trinity Guitars. So unless he ordered extras, there won't be any...
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: link on February 27, 2010, 08:28:38 PM
I don't know if any of you guys know but I know that the orders have been placed and all that. But does anyone know if there is a waiting list if someone wants to pull out last minute? Or if there is any of those guitars available as of now? I also remember reading somewhere that they made some extra forum III do you know if that will be the case with this one?

I think that one or two people in the F-IV queue will consider dropping out and getting another to take over their place in line.  Stay tuned, so to speak...
Play it daily for best results.

Hi link,

In your shoes I would contact Jim Holler at Trinity and discuss this with him.

You'll find contact information for him on the Forum Guitars page - Forum IV section

Quote from: link on February 27, 2010, 08:28:38 PM
Hey everyone, thanks so much for answering my question so quickly. I must say this is the most respectful and welcoming forum I have been apart of!

Thanks again for posting those pictures, and that video. That was a beautiful song. The thought of having a forum IV and potentially being able to one day play like that makes it really appealing haha.

THanks again everyone I truly appreciate it!

Quote from: ST on February 27, 2010, 10:20:49 PM
Hi link,

In your shoes I would contact Jim Holler at Trinity and discuss this with him.

You'll find contact information for him on the Forum Guitars page - Forum IV section

This is what I had typed but ST beat me to it.

Also I do expect some extras to be made. They do it just in case one gets damaged and sometimes they may get inquires from dealers wanting to order a few. They won't have the Forum label and numbering but they will be the same 00-03MT.

And sorry about the test guitar, Dan. Told Matt that you wanted it, but Jim said he was going to try & get his hands on it. Now you know were you stand in the Larrivee pecking order! :humour:
    I don't think that one will count in the series. So, a "1 of 1" guitar? Don't know how that one will be labeled. Or, if Jim is going to sell it. Sounded like he just wanted to get his hands on it? The first Gallahger/Holler guitar is not for sale, so might hang on to this one for a little?
     Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Thanks again everyone. I sent an e-mail to Jim at Trinity, hopefully hear back from him soon.

If there are any forum members that are thinking of backing out I would really appreciate it if you let me know and hopefully I could take your spot for you. Thanks again.

Quote from: link on March 01, 2010, 12:56:54 AM
Thanks again everyone. I sent an e-mail to Jim at Trinity, hopefully hear back from him soon.

If there are any forum members that are thinking of backing out I would really appreciate it if you let me know and hopefully I could take your spot for you. Thanks again.
A forum member is selling his limited edition 00-03 which is not a mahogany top or a forum guitar, but is very similar. Click this link or cut and paste for his profile and a PM option.

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2010

This is "LawDogStrgsAttach" and it says in his sig. that the 00-03 is for sale and to PM him. You have 10 posts now so you can send and recieve PM's if you are interested.

So...if Larrivee has finished a "prototype" (so to speak) of our Forum IV, is there any way to convince the good folks at Larrivee Canada to take a few pics so we can see what it looks like? I'd love to see both front and back - want to see the herringbone soundhole and the backstrip...

Quote from: Mikeymac on February 27, 2010, 08:50:01 PM
I suspect that Larrivee would only make "extras" if they were ordered by a dealer - in this case - Jim at trinity Guitars. So unless he ordered extras, there won't be any...

They were extras made of the FIII in case any got screwed up along the way. There were 10 (11 if you count Johnny37s second IS/RW). Perhaps there were so many because there were 78 orders.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

As far as extras, we'll have to wait & see. Asked Matt to see if John could tale some pics of the "test" F-IV & send them to Jim or whoever to post. Didn't get a response on that one. I'll pay for the disposable camera, just let me know where to send it? :humour:
   He still wasn't sure if John would have time to do the Facebook pics again. It would be nice just to see a few here to satisfy the hungry! I'm hungry! :thumb
   And when I spoke with Matt last week (2/22), he said that now that the test one was done, things were going to procede @ a rapid rate. Hopefully not too fast? :bgrin:
   If there are 28 orders, they might be done sooner than we thought, now that all seems to moving along smoothly. That April date might be out, late March better for some to start flowing in? Build times for the F-III's were 6-7 weeks, so might be first week in April. Or second. Out of our hands & in the hands of the masters! Just a guessing game now. Cross our fingers. And, since the OO-03 Limiteds came with a deluxe archtop case, which might be the only ones they have, that might be a little surprise for all? Please?
     Jeff

Quote from: BluesMan1 on March 01, 2010, 06:54:31 PM
And, since the OO-03 Limiteds came with a deluxe archtop case, which might be the only ones they have, that might be a little surprise for all? Please?
     Jeff

Yes, I mentioned that before ... certainly hope it turns out to be so!

:nice guitar: CASE!

We went through this before and Jim said to expect the standard case.

Quote from: dependan on March 01, 2010, 06:30:13 AM
            A forum member is selling his limited edition 00-03 which is not a mahogany top or a forum guitar, but is very similar. Click this link or cut and paste for his profile and a PM option.

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2010

This is "LawDogStrgsAttach" and it says in his sig. that the 00-03 is for sale and to PM him. You have 10 posts now so you can send and recieve PM's if you are interested.

Dependan.

Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate it! If I can't get my hands on a Forum IV I would for sure be interested. I will have to contact him now as it doesn't look like anyone wants to give up their spot. I also contacted Jim and he wasn't sure if there would be any extras as of now.

I am just wondering what would the main difference be tone wise with a mahogany tope vs the spruce? I am sorry if this isn't the place to ask the question I just don't want to make a new thread for the sake of it, if I should make a new thread I will. I am also going to do a search right now. However I would gladly hear your opinion and any others.

Quote from: link on March 01, 2010, 09:54:50 PM
Dependan.

Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate it! If I can't get my hands on a Forum IV I would for sure be interested. I will have to contact him now as it doesn't look like anyone wants to give up their spot. I also contacted Jim and he wasn't sure if there would be any extras as of now.

I am just wondering what would the main difference be tone wise with a mahogany tope vs the spruce? I am sorry if this isn't the place to ask the question I just don't want to make a new thread for the sake of it, if I should make a new thread I will. I am also going to do a search right now. However I would gladly hear your opinion and any others.

This is a good question for this thread. We aren't doing much else but speculating anyway.
 Some say an all mahogany guitar is more subdued than one with a spruce top. And that's an over simplification in my view. It may not be as loud, but it has a sweet tone that is very appealing. It is warm, deeper and darker than spruce. Others can add many better descriptions than I can.
  It's best to hear one in person if you can. In a 00 size my view is the all mahogany model will have a unique tone signature with the Larrivee build and bracing. I think the all mahogany will also have less of the "boxy" sound sometimes associated with 00's and parlors.
      But I also really liked my spruce topped 00 flamed maple very much. The one 00 Mahogany spruce I have played didn't sound too great to me. But it was not the 00-03. (My 2 cents worth.)

While many of us are anxiously waiting for news from Larrivee about building of the guitars, may I ask for your opinion on what pick up you will install to this small bodied guitar?

I plan to play it as a cough guitar at home but also want to make it ready to play at church if needed be.  I'm choosing between K&K Pure Mini and LR Baggs iBeam Active.  I'm confident that iBeam Active is an excellent choice but is skeptical of having a battery sitting inside a small guitar. Any comments?
Larrivee Forum IV
Martin OOO-28VS
Martin D-18GE Sunburst

Dan, must have missed the case post. If Larrivee hasn't made these OO size guitars that much, include the deluxe case on the limited -03s (those not costing much more or the same as ours), what did they do? Have 28 cases made just for us? Sounds like an LS Forum build to be carried on, in some sort of Limited. Just watch. OO-03s will be popping up soon. Different than ours, but still would be a popular guitar for Larrivee. They don't waste time with getting things retooled, or the proper tooling sent to Vancouver, just for our build. Could have kept them in Oxnard. You rattled their brains a little & gave them a good idea? :bowdown:
   Hey, maybe you'll get your F-IV for free, for all of the input you gave them? :humour:  I'll put a vote in for you. But, then, can't forget Denis & others! :?
     Jeff

Are we still looking at t late March delivery?   Or did I just make that up?