F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: appleknocker on February 26, 2010, 11:16:49 AM
Alright now.  I found this forum after coming down with a serious case of GAS.  After spending a few weeks on the forum I had progressed to a critical case of GAS.  The good news (for me) is that I have now been given the privilege of taking over the #15 slot on the Forum IV build.  Thank you PG60.  GAS cured.  Now for the onset of anticipation.

Welcome to the island, #15.

I'm #6 (according to JH...)

(This sounds like an episode of The Prisoner!)
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on February 26, 2010, 12:37:01 PM

:roll
Now that I think of it, I should have asked for #9. (dedicated to Revolution #9 of course)
I'm #7 on the list.
All Lefties.
Larrivée L-03-
Larrivée L-03R-
Larrivée 00-03MT Forum IV-#7
Gibson J45
Martin HD-28
Martin CEO-7

Quote from: Mikeymac on February 26, 2010, 12:37:01 PM

Heh, are you stuck on an Island? Most of us are still floating along the big river on a raft.  :laughin:

I had asked for the last build #, since no one else had. Was 24, then 23. Then 2 builds combined. I guess #'s don't mean much as long as it's a kick-a** guitar? Jim asked if I wanted the last of the first order or second, me deciding not to wait, so going for the first. Also not knowing of the orders being combined. Guess that one backfired! :ohmy:
     Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Quote from: dependan on February 26, 2010, 12:43:08 PM
  Heh, are you stuck on an Island? Most of us are still floating along the big river on a raft.  :laughin:

Well after I mentioned The Prisoner, I realized that might be a bad metaphor for those of us waiting on this build...

...nothing like that was intended.  :humour:

2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Mine was #25......as long as i get any number I will be happy!!!!
Taylor 424ce SL
Breedlove Pro C25/CRH
Rainsong OM
Composite Acoustics OX Raw ( Peavey)
Rainsong OM
Voyage Air VAOM-1C (2)
Baden D style Mahogany
Journey Instruments Spruce/Mahogany
Prestige Eclipse

Like the Todd Snider lyric says "I'm just happy to be here at all"

I was #21 until I backed out  :crying:  I wonder who got my slot?  I did end up getting the OO-03 and am very happy with it.

Hey everyone. I just have a quick question. I joined the forum just as the deadline for the forum IV was happening and didn't really look much into it. However I been reading how excited you guys are and just learning more about the forum guitars and think that is pretty awesome that larrivee does that for their customers.

It makes me that much prouder to own my L-03r, knowing that they truly care about there customers. However my quick question is. What is the OO style body used for mostly. Is it as versatile as the L? Or is it more of a fingerstyle guitar? I am just curious. Thanks alot!

PS I forgot my donuts my first couple of post so here is some now...enjoy! :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2
:bgrin:

Quote from: link on February 26, 2010, 04:47:53 PM
Hey everyone. I just have a quick question. I joined the forum just as the deadline for the forum IV was happening and didn't really look much into it. However I been reading how excited you guys are and just learning more about the forum guitars and think that is pretty awesome that larrivee does that for their customers.

It makes me that much prouder to own my L-03r, knowing that they truly care about there customers. However my quick question is. What is the OO style body used for mostly. Is it as versatile as the L? Or is it more of a fingerstyle guitar? I am just curious. Thanks alot!

PS I forgot my donuts my first couple of post so here is some now...enjoy! :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :donut2
:bgrin:

We are getting mahogany top 00s, like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1qjM16bpgw

Larrivee makes a great mahogany guitar, spruce or mahogany top...and I'm betting a cedar/mahogany L-03 would be outstanding as well, but that's probably not going to happen.   :?  Too bad, I like cedar tops. 

00 are more popular with fingerstyle players to be sure but I used to play mine with a pick from time to time and it was still a lot of fun. 

I'll post 3 different sizes, having no OO pics. There is one on this thread, but can't tell size from it. In the '09 GOTM (Guitar of the Month) thread, one of the last ones is of Denis playing a OO. Will give you an idea of size with someone playing it.
   First is an L, then an LS, ending with an OM.   

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jeff, here is a 00-09FM, F-III and a Martin OM-21 together.

The backs are set evenly so you can see the length of each as well as the bout sizes.

Another view. The 00 is on the right, F-III middle and OM-21 on left.

Thanks Dan. My pics aren't the best for comparison. Is our OO going to be as deep as yours? I don't want to dig through the whole thread for specs. The only ones I have are upper, 10 & 1/8, lower, 14 &1/8. Would love that extra depth, but seem to remember a little less than 4" @ the top of the upper, a hair over 4" on the bottom of the lower. Knowing your attention to detail, you'll have all of the specs posted in about 5 seconds! :humour:
     Jeff

Just found it on ST's site. # 3/8 on the upper, 4 1/4 on the lower. Checked my Larrivee boob, but no OOs. How deep is yours?

Quote from: BluesMan1 on February 27, 2010, 09:09:55 AM
   Thanks Dan. My pics aren't the best for comparison. Is our OO going to be as deep as yours? I don't want to dig through the whole thread for specs. The only ones I have are upper, 10 & 1/8, lower, 14 &1/8. Would love that extra depth, but seem to remember a little less than 4" @ the top of the upper, a hair over 4" on the bottom of the lower. Knowing your attention to detail, you'll have all of the specs posted in about 5 seconds! :humour:
     Jeff
Jeff I will need to find the exact specs. But the depth of the body was more than 4 3/8" at the end pin. But the smaller lower bout keeps the 00 a very playable "couch" guitar.

Thanks. Just what I want it for! :thumb
     Jeff

I'm thinking an L and a 00 might be good playmates.   :donut   :coffee

F-IV 00-03 mahogany top (from J Holler on the order e-mail)
body length ( without neck ) 19 3/8th
Width upper bout 10 1/8th
width lower bout  14 1/8th
depth at butt end of guitar 4 1/4th
depth at neck end of body  3 3/8th
one piece mahogany neck with ebony headstock overlay , silver border and pearl logo
ebony fingerboard
nut width 1 3/4th
2 3/16th* string spacing at bridge                                   
back strip
herringbone rosette
12 fret neck
(Waist: 8.25” from an earlier post from Jim)

L - Larrivee Body (from Larrivee website)
Lower Bout · 16”
Upper Bout · 11.625”
Waist · 10.25”
Depth · 4.75”
Overall Length · 40.75”
Scale Length · 25.5”
(My own mesurements of my L03)
Body Length 20 3/16
depth at butt end of guitar 4 1/2
depth at neck end of body  3 3/4
nut width 1 3/4th
2 3/16th* string spacing at bridge

Gives me GAS just reviewing the specs - wait, I'm on the waiting list already !!
L-03,  Forum-IV 003-Hog, RS-4 Hogtop HB's, Logan Custom Tele Rescue - (Aka used) (neck P-90)

Have an L, have never played a OO size. Will be a surprise & a good moment? The L, good for anything, the OO, good for alot. But my F-III, just damn good! Can't beat the LS size for versatility. Will be getting an OM/OOO It. Walnut/It. Spruce size soon, plus the OO. Put my L-10 up for sale, leaning towards smaller, more delicate guitars. Plus the need/want for some HOG! Both my F-III & my Italian guitar will stand up to heavy strumming if needed. Am really excited about the F-IV! Like getting a new, exotic car you've never driven!
   Jeff

Quote from: BluesMan1 on February 27, 2010, 09:13:00 AM
  Just found it on ST's site. # 3/8 on the upper, 4 1/4 on the lower. Checked my Larrivee boob, but no OOs. How deep is yours?
My F-III is 4 1/4 deep at the end and it's easy to see the F-III is smaller here.

The 00 on the right is 4 1/2 at least. I just thought some may want to see that because the specs. only say 4 1/4.
                               Of course the F-III was spec'ed at 4" and mine is 4 1/4" .

Dan, the specs are posted right below my last post. So, the specs might be off? I had to measure the size of my F-III for a new case, a classical archtop that fits like a glove. Mine was a hair over 4" in the lower bout. Go figure? :?
     Jeff