Pages: 1 ... 50 [51] 52 ... 96   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars  (Read 326726 times)
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1000 on: February 20, 2010, 04:04:13 AM »

TEH,

Thanks for the much needed reminder to keep everything in perspective. Hopefully for most of us, the banter here is mostly that, just banter as we pretend to worry about our guitar build. I'm not worried. The Larrivee's have a long track record, and if my recent (December) RS-4 purchase is any indication, the Larrivee family and company are still making some of the best instruments in the guitar world.  Lyric_girl, they're not going out of business; and quite frankly no one around here knows exactly what's going on with a potential move or other transition - unless they know and they're sworn to secrecy. Again, I'm not worried.

Forgive my being out of the loop, but with all this talk about Larrivee moving (I have no idea if these are substantiated rumours or not), anybody think they might be going out of business or something? I certainly hope not, but this whole experience with this order of forum guitars is certainly strange, beginning with the lack of communication from Larrivee (I'm talking confirmation of the order, not a Facebook page). I feel really bad for you guys. crying

The order isn't confirmed with us; it's already been confirmed through Jim Holler, who, as the Larrivee dealer, actually placed the order. We're just waiting for Jim to get some news from Larrivee that the guitars have been started, and hopefully that there will be a site to look at pics (facebook, wherever). I'm sure that as soon as Jim knows something, he'll pass it on to us.

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1001 on: February 20, 2010, 04:06:25 AM »

Yup, get a big thick book to read.........

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1002 on: February 21, 2010, 08:09:22 PM »

I spoke with Jim on the phone yesterday and at the end of our conversation I asked if he had heard anything on the F-IV build. Long story short he said he had been very busy but needed to post here that he had been in contact with John Larrivee and that John said it was going to be his top priority to get the F-IV's started. Apparently they are presently working with a skeleton crew.
I wish I could have given you better news (like they were almost done) but I guess some news is better than no news.
I truly feel for all you "waiters" out there.
Better break out Flatlanders "The weight"   

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1003 on: February 21, 2010, 08:15:21 PM »

I spoke with Jim on the phone yesterday and at the end of our conversation I asked if he had heard anything on the F-IV build. Long story short he said he had been very busy but needed to post here that he had been in contact with John Larrivee and that John said it was going to be his top priority to get the F-IV's started. Apparently they are presently working with a skeleton crew.
I wish I could have given you better news (like they were almost done) but I guess some news is better than no news.
  This is what most of us figured was happening. Plus a post was made about some of the new longer scale parlors being made in Vancouver. So I thought they may need to get that batch finished up.

BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1004 on: February 21, 2010, 08:58:35 PM »

Said I wouldn't post again, but had some emails with Matt. He told me that he was totally out of the loop on the F-IVs, since he's in Oxnard & they are being built in Vancouver. Said that the OO molds were in Oxnard, so some new side bending tools had to be made. Don't know if some other tooling had to be sent over the border, but explains why the OO-03 Limiteds were made in Oxnard. He's been asked alot of question about the OOs from Vancouver, since it's been so long since they were built in Canada. I asked him if he could email John for any info & pass it to Jim, he saying he'd look into it. Mentioned that they have been started, but other than what I just put, not much else. Is a Vancouver build, so John would be the one with updates. Was very helpful with what he could answer & as I said, would follow up on it.
   Unless I hear more from him personally, I wait until my guitar is built!
     Jeff

'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true
Joby

Ignore
« Reply #1005 on: February 21, 2010, 09:23:01 PM »

Said I wouldn't post again, but had some emails with Matt. He told me that he was totally out of the loop on the F-IVs, since he's in Oxnard & they are being built in Vancouver. Said that the OO molds were in Oxnard, so some new side bending tools had to be made. Don't know if some other tooling had to be sent over the border, but explains why the OO-03 Limiteds were made in Oxnard. He's been asked alot of question about the OOs from Vancouver, since it's been so long since they were built in Canada. I asked him if he could email John for any info & pass it to Jim, he saying he'd look into it. Mentioned that they have been started, but other than what I just put, not much else. Is a Vancouver build, so John would be the one with updates. Was very helpful with what he could answer & as I said, would follow up on it.
   Unless I hear more from him personally, I wait until my guitar is built!
     Jeff

Thanks for the update Jeff.
A Canadian built 00-03MT. Now that's cool. 
Frank_S

Ignore
« Reply #1006 on: February 21, 2010, 09:27:19 PM »

I spoke with Jim on the phone yesterday and at the end of our conversation I asked if he had heard anything on the F-IV build. Long story short he said he had been very busy but needed to post here that he had been in contact with John Larrivee and that John said it was going to be his top priority to get the F-IV's started.

Apparently they are presently working with a skeleton crew

Any idea why they're working with a skeleton crew?

All Lefties.
Larrivée L-03-
Larrivée L-03R-
Larrivée 00-03MT Forum IV-#7
Gibson J45
Martin HD-28
Martin CEO-7
cke
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1007 on: February 21, 2010, 09:39:23 PM »

The entire industry is slow and all are working with "less than full' crews.

Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1008 on: February 21, 2010, 10:04:05 PM »

This is what most of us figured was happening. Plus a post was made about some of the new longer scale parlors being made in Vancouver. So I thought they may need to get that batch finished up.

Long scale parlors?  I must not pay close enough attention - where is this info at? (The one thing I'm not crazy about on the parlors is the 24" scale. At least 24.75" would make a huge difference, I would think.

Edited to add: I found the other thread on these...24.5" scale.  Sounds interesting. Personally I think Larrivee should just make this scale length standard for parlors.

*Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion*

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
cke
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1009 on: February 21, 2010, 11:20:56 PM »

The entire industry is slow and all are working with "less than full' crews.

Chris
Larrivee's '07  L-09 (40th Commemorative); '09 00-03 S.E; '08 P-09
Eastman '07 AC 650-12 Jumbo (NAMM)
Martin   '11 D Mahogany (FSC Golden Era type)
Voyage-Air '10 VAOM-06
-the nylon string-
Goya (Levin) '58 G-30
-dulcimer-
'11 McSpadden
bobsnob

Ignore
« Reply #1010 on: February 22, 2010, 12:21:37 AM »

I asked him if he could email John for any info & pass it to Jim, he saying he'd look into it. Mentioned that they have been started, but other than what I just put, not much else. Is a Vancouver build, so John would be the one with updates.

So we now know that they've been started.

Long story short he said he had been very busy but needed to post here that he had been in contact with John Larrivee and that John said it was going to be his top priority to get the F-IV's started.

And that they haven't been started.

Sigh......

Montreal
Larrivee OM-03R SH, O-01, OO-03MT FIV
National Style O, National Polychrome Tricone
Gibson B25-12, Brunner OG Basic and a few others
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1011 on: February 22, 2010, 12:40:41 AM »

Just a note to my post. Might have misunderstood exactly what Matt said. His quote was "that they've been working on OOs" in Vancouver. Since ours were the only ones I was aware of being built there, I just assumed they were ours. Don't know who elso ordered OO-03s? And, not made in Oxnard, as the Limited run was? Sounded like ours, but might have been throwing me some hope...
   Back to sniggle with the bears ...zzzzz

Denis
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1012 on: February 22, 2010, 01:17:37 PM »

Well...that's more news than I've heard for some time...I'll just play my FIII some more.   

BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1013 on: February 22, 2010, 02:57:35 PM »

Denis, That's exactly what I do when I wake up for a few minutes. My sweet git lulls me back into my deep sleep. Have a direct line to Jim wired up so he can call me when all is set to be worked on with my F-IV. Wiggles my big toe, wakes me up, & BLAM.. it's Spring. One of those new-fangled things I bought on Ebay!

dkoloff

Ignore
« Reply #1014 on: February 22, 2010, 04:18:54 PM »

If you watch the tone of this thread you could almost sense anxiety medications not working instead of excitement in anticipation of out new forums guitars........deep breath everyone, they will get done and they are going to be great!!!!!!!!!!

Taylor Custom GA
Taylor 424ce SL
Breedlove Pro C25/CRH
Rainsong OM
Composite Acoustics OX Raw ( Peavey)
Composite Acoustics OX Gloss
Voyage Air VAOM-1C
Baden D style Mahogany
Journey Instruments Spruce/Mahogany
Simon and Patrick Woodland Pro
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1015 on: February 22, 2010, 04:29:38 PM »

If you watch the tone of this thread you could almost sense anxiety medications not working instead of excitement in anticipation of out new forums guitars........deep breath everyone, they will get done and they are going to be great!!!!!!!!!!
                                           You are correct.
             And I apologize for feeding anyone's anxiety. Mine is totally in check now.

But I have to admit the little bit of news is nice also.

Frank_S

Ignore
« Reply #1016 on: February 22, 2010, 07:05:01 PM »

You are correct.
             And I apologize for feeding anyone's anxiety. Mine is totally in check now.

But I have to admit the little bit of news is nice also.

Jim hasn't actually said much in the way of "news", has he? It's second hand news we're hearing, not to bring everyone back down to earth. 

All Lefties.
Larrivée L-03-
Larrivée L-03R-
Larrivée 00-03MT Forum IV-#7
Gibson J45
Martin HD-28
Martin CEO-7
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1017 on: February 22, 2010, 07:23:39 PM »

Jim hasn't actually said much in the way of "news", has he? It's second hand news we're hearing, not to bring everyone back down to earth. 
  Roger passed the news on to us directly from Jim Holler. That's official in my book.

BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1018 on: February 23, 2010, 12:26:53 AM »

Bottom line, John said he'd make it a priority. And Jim was notified of something. Now, that's more progress than we've had. As all are saying (and those all seem to have F-III IS/HOGs?), we have other guitars to play, patience is a virtue I dance with occasionally, & now know we're not forgotten. That's all we wanted really. Recognition? Verification? News will dribble in slowly, as some say is more than they knew when they placed an order. Normally, you place an order & wait for it to be built. So, shouldn't an order of 29 guitars provide just a little more info? Especially after reading these posts.
   Yes, Dave, the meds are running low & not being distributed to all. Any help?
   And, when are they going to finished? drool drool

BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1019 on: February 23, 2010, 12:53:17 AM »

Just got an email from Matt. Here it is exactly.
     "Hi Jeff,
      I spoke to Ed at the shop in Vancouver today. As I understand it they wanted to build one completely to make sure all of the bugs were worked out. As I mentioned it's been a while since a OO was built (think he meant in Vancouver?). They completed that first one today, and while I believe they are advancing the rest now at an accelerated pace.
     In our mind it's better to be correct and a little late, than not correct and on time.
     I'm not sure if my Johnny intends to do the Facebook thing again. The economy has everyone exceptionally busy and that hind of luxury may not be in the cards.
     Matt"
   Tells where we stand, why the delay, & where all's going. Everybody a little happier now?
     Jeff

Pages: 1 ... 50 [51] 52 ... 96   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: