F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yes, patience & communication are needed here. But a little bit of info from Larrivee would satisfy most & keep things cool here. Q, @ least we had the "continuing story of the F-III's" on Facebook last time. Now, nothing. I know they will come, I have 2 acoustics to play for now, am waiting for two, might sell my baby L-10. Depends on how my Luca Canteri Guitars guitar sounds. Blows my L-10 away, away that one goes. Have other things to think about, but something from Matthew from John or first person info would be a good P.R. move here. Keep the sharks happy? That's meant in jest, but I don't think updating us is too much to ask? Please? And no big bombs dropped, please! :?
   I put a $750 deposit for one of these beauties, so I kind of feel I have a right to something. Like, they were started? Or, when they will be? Many have paid fully for a guitar that only required a 25% deposit, having faith in lots of info flowing in. Got spoiled by the F-III build?
   Dan, as soon as there were 2 orders announced, I had a strong feeling also about holding off for the second one. My opinion, never should have been done. They had a similar situation with the F-I & F-II guitars. But, they waited long enough for the first one, this making others wanting to get in. Should have been the same or designated by builds on the labels. Some snuck in @ the last minute on the F-III, that being cool since it was only a day or two. Have to keep the natives happy, esp. when they're your biggest fans & promotors of your instruments? Honestly, this Forum brings in many that have purchased a new Larrivee or have plans & normally leads to buying more. Take away the Forum & I think sales might fall, esp. in this economy. We boast about our Larrivees constantly, lurkers finally finding out why & jumping in. Could say we're the best promotors & COMMUNICATORS of the Larrivee guitar scene?
   Sorry about my long post, as I've been trying either not to post or keep them short & to the point as much as possible. Isn't always possible.
     Jeff
   Is this just giving me more time to plan my mods for the guitar? :humour:
     Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Quote from: BluesMan1 on February 18, 2010, 09:46:51 AM
        Sorry about my long post, as I've been trying either not to post
     Jeff

:?  :?  :?  Why would you do that?
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on February 18, 2010, 09:46:28 AM
Personally I was for the extension as this has been labelled from the start as a Forum guitar - thus everyone on the Forum were given ample opportunity to partake. there is absolutely no evidence that I have been privy to on this forum that would enable me to connect the two week extension to a delay of some sort  :?
It was not a forum guitar from the start. It was just a special order for a group of four people.

And before I say anymore. I want to be clear about my intentions in these statements. We have not heard a thing regarding the build of this guitar yet. This thread was just lying dormant and others are posting about buying 00 and 000 hog tops in other threads from other guitar builders. Which no doubt had something to do with this order. Meanwhile we hear nothing.

So I make an honest post to at least keep a little discussion going to keep this F-IV on the radar screen. It seems to have just dropped off to me. Unless I say something.

I have been called a Larrivee "fan boy" more than once here and do rise to their defense when I see a one sided thread regarding the level of service they provide. This is due to my experience of being taken care of by Larrivee in a very good manner. All I would like to see now is some kind of acknowledgment that this Forum guitar is even in their schedule to be built.
                                      That's it. Very simple.

I keep seeing replies to this thread and each time I check the new posts, I'm always hoping it's someone that has posted news about the build...   :crying:

I am, and will continue to be, a very patient person.  I would like to know what's going though... :?

I certainly don't wanna be argumentative BUT the title of this thread is FIV thus I from the start was under the impression it was a Forum Guitar whether 4 or 24 were to be built and I was one of the 1st 4. Tho the creation & details of the build was certainly Danny's idea.

I would like to think it was good for everyone to hold it open a couple of weeks. I would bet my bottom dollar those who got in in the ninth hour were/are grateful to do so.

Lot worse one could be called than "Larrivee Fan Boy" we are all a bit of that  as we recognize how good these instruments are and want to share it with the rest of the world.

I believe a way back we said likely April would be here before we see them - well April ain't here yet, once May rolls around then we can get a little POed
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on February 18, 2010, 10:53:27 AM
I certainly don't wanna be argumentative BUT the title of this thread is FIV thus I from the start was under the impression it was a Forum Guitar whether 4 or 24 were to be built and I was one of the 1st 4. Tho the creation & details of the build was certainly Danny's idea.

I would like to think it was good for everyone to hold it open a couple of weeks. I would bet my bottom dollar those who got in in the ninth hour were/are grateful to do so.

Lot worse one could be called than "Larrivee Fan Boy" we are all a bit of that  as we recognize how good these instruments are and want to share it with the rest of the world.

I believe a way back we said likely April would be here before we see them - well April ain't here yet, once May rolls around then we can get a little POed
I changed the thread title at Randy's suggestion.

Anyway I will go back to working on my custom maple/Koa now and let the "river flow".

Maybe it was Jeff who said it. We did get a little "spoiled" with all the information we had from the F-III. Which was talked about and ordered on a very similar time frame as this one. We received the first finished ones in the middle of March. If I knew it would be April or May back in November, I would have never ordered one myself.

All this angst will be nothing more than a distant faded memory once they ship. I have 4 very challenging tunes waiting for me. I hope I can learn at least three of them before it arrives.
I for one will now be content to let this thread lie dormant again until there actually is some news. Nearly 1000 posts. Crikey!
Talk to y'all in April.
or May.
:wave

Quote from: Queequeg on February 18, 2010, 11:09:21 AM
All this angst will be nothing more than a distant faded memory once they ship. I have 4 very challenging tunes waiting for me. I hope I can learn at least three of them before it arrives.
I for one will now be content to let this thread lie dormant again until there actually is some news. Nearly 1000 posts. Crikey!
Talk to y'all in April.
or May.
:wave
You are right Mark.

Dan, I had thought that the start of this guitar was made by you & a few others, saying basically that "we need around 4 to get it started". Not a direct quote, but the gist. I ordered one because it seemed like a guitar I'd really like. There were no complaints with others ordering, you just saying, & in my mind, rightfully so, that you wanted #2. This was since you had #1 of the F-III, implying that it was a #'d series, as a Forum guitar would be. How do you put a special order through the Forum w/o getting other members involved, or given the chance to get one? This isn't meant as being argumentative, just trying to figure out what's going on? Don't take this wrong. I agree with most of all you say! Most! :bgrin:
   I don't care @ this point what the hell it's called. I totally agree about the dates of this & the lack of info supplied. Spoiled by the F-III or not, more should have been told to us by this point. If Larrivee held off on starting them until the second order was put in, nothing we can do but wait. I tried real hard to get money for this one, but if I also knew that I had until 1/15 to order, could have done things a little different? Still feel the same about 2 orders. Shouldn't have been done.
   I've had nothing but stellar support from Larrivee in the past when needed. Had a, R.A. issued in less than 2 weeks for a neck issue on a new OM-05. Spoke with Wendy, jokingly asked for a bone nut for my troubles, get my git back, & there's a bone nut! Only issues I've had have been in the last year or so with emails. I'm sure alot of you remember when you could call, which wasn't that long ago, & have the phone answered. Normally by a worker, but sometimes by Wendy or Matthew. Was a great feeling talking to Wendy about my L-10.
   And q, go back & delete all that don't have something to do with this guitar. Wonder how many pages we'd have then? Don't mean this literally, but I wonder how many WOULD be about the OO-03. Look what happened with the F-III thread. How many pages? People just posted to post. Turned into a mess.
   Now we all sit & wait until April or May. Maybe?
     Jeff
   Joyce, now you know why I don't post that often anymore. Either people don't like what I say or it gets taken the wrong way. My last post here until I get my guitar! :yawn
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Jeff, it is no big deal and I really want to let it go now. I deleted many of my first posts and changed the title of the thread. But it doesn't matter now anyway. It is a forum guitar and all will benefit who ordered it in the long run.
                                (Back to work on my custom)

Quote from: dependan on February 18, 2010, 01:56:32 PM
  Jeff, it is no big deal and I really want to let it go now. I deleted many of my first posts and changed the title of the thread. But it doesn't matter now anyway. It is a forum guitar and all will benefit who ordered it in the long run.

So Larrivée has had 2 months from the first deadline to offer some acknowledgement of this guitar being built and nothing has been said by them. I don't understand why they can't offer some info such as, received deposit to build "X" number of guitars, target date to start build is "XX?XX?XX. That would at least let us know there is a possibility the build will start. I have patience but what if this guitar never sees the light of day? A lot speculation at this point with no concrete evidence the build will be completed any time soon.
All Lefties.
Larrivée L-03-
Larrivée L-03R-
Larrivée 00-03MT Forum IV-#7
Gibson J45
Martin HD-28
Martin CEO-7

Quote from: dependan on February 18, 2010, 01:56:32 PM

I'm one of those who appreciates the fact that this became a Forum guitar - because I missed out on I/II and III, and really liked the specs on each of them! So thanks again, Danny, for pushing this forward and "going public" with it!  I was willing to have a 2nd deadline in January because I figured they weren't going to get started before Christmas anyway - just reality when the deadline was December 15.

I agree it would be nice to get some more info - I'm sure Jim will share anything he gets from Larrivee as soon as he knows something.  Hopefully we'll all be pleasantly surprised soon by some pics or info.

Quote from: Frank_S on February 18, 2010, 02:16:52 PM
I have patience but what if this guitar never sees the light of day? A lot speculation at this point with no concrete evidence the build will be completed any time soon.

It will see the light of day...we've all made deposits to ensure that these get built. Larrivee wouldn't be in business if they EVER operated like that.

Like some others here, I'm willing to give Larrivee the benefit of the doubt, since we don't know what's going on right now internally in their business - are they closing/moving a plant? Which one? Are they consolidating into one plant? We don't know the answers to any of these questions, so we just have to wait. 

While I'm anxious, like everyone here, I don't want to hurry quality.  These guitars will be special - again - because they were spec'd out with some things that others don't have, like the silver inlay on the headstock, and the herringbone rosette, and the back strip (very rare on Larrivees). So these will be special for those reasons, and also because they'll have great tone - I have no doubt.  And don't forget the amazing price point these are being built at - we are getting a very nice little ax from Larrivee for our $$$.

Hang in there everyone! I think part of the problem (for some of us, anyway) is also this loooong, cooold dreary winter.  It's having an effect on the whole nation's mental state, as is the economy. So we're just dealing with lots of 'stuff' right now. But we'll survive - we'll get through this (the build and the winter / economy). And I agree, the best thing to do is learn a few new tunes so when these are done we can enjoy them even more!
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on February 18, 2010, 05:28:15 PM
I think part of the problem (for some of us, anyway) is also this loooong, cooold dreary winter.  It's having an effect on the whole nation's mental state, as is the economy.

Nah, that's just you.  It's a beautiful 76 degrees in Phoenix and I drove home from work with the convertible top down.  :nana_guitar

It's just human nature to want things NOW, and if you can't have it NOW, to at least want info.

Quote from: AZLiberty on February 18, 2010, 06:23:15 PM
Nah, that's just you.  It's a beautiful 76 degrees in Phoenix and I drove home from work with the convertible top down.  :nana_guitar

It's just human nature to want things NOW, and if you can't have it NOW, to at least want info.

Actually it's not a matter of wanting things now. I'd just like to hear an update from Larrivée on the status of the order. I really don't think that's too much to ask. I run a small business and I always communicate with my customers, to me communication means you care about someone's business. I can wait, but it does bother me that they haven't passed on any info regarding the build status.
All Lefties.
Larrivée L-03-
Larrivée L-03R-
Larrivée 00-03MT Forum IV-#7
Gibson J45
Martin HD-28
Martin CEO-7

Relax - Jean's got a flight booked to South America to start looking for mahogany trees -
Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -

Forgive my being out of the loop, but with all this talk about Larrivee moving (I have no idea if these are substantiated rumours or not), anybody think they might be going out of business or something? I certainly hope not, but this whole experience with this order of forum guitars is certainly strange, beginning with the lack of communication from Larrivee (I'm talking confirmation of the order, not a Facebook page). I feel really bad for you guys. :crying:
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

No and NO!!!!!

Unless someone beats me to the punch, this will be post #999 on a thread that has also been viewed over 16,000 times since it was started in November. As someone once again standing on the sidelines, let me offer some personal perspective.

When I placed the special order for my LV-03MT 12 string on 11/19/05 two days after my 50th birthday, I put down a $500 cash deposit and didn't think about it again until I received the call that my guitar was ready 11 weeks later. That was truly a great day and I have spent some unbelievable moments over the past four years with this exceptional instrument. To make it even more special my first grandchild Ella was born in July and appears to love my playing.

Not to be maudlin but four weeks before my guitar arrived, I lost my father to pancreatic cancer. Since my dad died in January 2006, we have buried my dad's only brother, my only brother @ 53, my sister-in-law and even my dog. Along the way my mom survived cancer surgery, my father in law was life flighted to the hospital for emergency heart surgery in 2008, he had a stroke last week and my youngest son has spent 23 of the last 31 months serving in Iraq. He and his wife are both there now and not scheduled to return to the states for another 6 months.

If you are worried about the status of your guitar, relax, go crack yourselves a beer or a hot toddy, sit back and enjoy the Winter Olympics.  Remember, these guitars are top shelf at a great price but in the end they are still just stuff. I would give up any of my guitars for one hour of time just to shoot the breeze with my dad or my brother.

"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans."