Martin OMSW-Cherry
Martin Backpacker Steel String
Takamine Classical
Early Ovation Celebrity
Roland A-60 Acoustic Amplifier

One year ago today....

I'll repeat that..."One year ago today"

Feb.10, 2009  (John Larrivee Jr.)
"As of today all Forum III guitars have been started. Rosewood guitars are at the forefront carving the path for the South American mahogany. Components for these guitars are moving along and will be ready as the guitars progress. Mahogany tops will be rosetted in the next few days. Be patient with photo's and lists. All good things in all good time."

"All good things in all good time."

And of course on this date "pennerblue" released his big hit "Waitin"
                                                          http://www.reverbnation.com/torsoboy

Also one year ago today. Feb. 10, 2009 some pictures were added to the Forum build picture thread.

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=25417.msg228109#msg228109

That link should take you to all the pictures of the F-III on Feb. 10, 2009

I'll just put one up here.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Has it been determined where the Forum IV's are being built? The when part would be nice to know too........chomping at the bit... :drool:
All Lefties.
Larrivée L-03-
Larrivée L-03R-
Larrivée 00-03MT Forum IV-#7
Gibson J45
Martin HD-28
Martin CEO-7

Has anyone heard anything from Jim from Trinity in regards to the status of the build of the Forum IV?

-James

:drool: :drool: :drool:
Larrivee P-03
Martin 000-28
Martin OMSW-Cherry
Martin Backpacker Steel String
Takamine Classical
Early Ovation Celebrity
Roland A-60 Acoustic Amplifier

Quote from: jamesb1101 on February 11, 2010, 11:12:29 PM
Has anyone heard anything from Jim from Trinity in regards to the status of the build of the Forum IV?

I would expect a lot of normal business activity in Vancouver to be slowed down a bit for a week or so....
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Quote from: Dotneck on February 12, 2010, 06:39:59 AM
I would expect a lot of normal business activity in Vancouver to be slowed down a bit for a week or so....
Right. They're all busy making snow now.  :humour:

I had heard that the Limited OO-03 Spruce tops were made in the US. I PM'd Strings4Him, who just received one from Guitar Adoptions, & he told me the label says "Made in California". Another area says "United States of America". After getting bits & pieces of info about the Vancouver plants future, the Washington plant sounds like it might be in the works. Don't know what will be done with Vancouver, but if these Limiteds are being made in Oxnard, good chance ours are too? Makes sense?
   Any body have similar info to share??
     Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

I don't. But I was thinking that the move to Washington report on the 12th Fret site may have been regarding the Vancouver plant. Especially after Oxnard was ruled out.

Dan, that was my thought also. Just didn't want to start an uproar with any rumors like that. F-IVs made in Oxnard, a plus? Now the wait continues!
     Jeff

Jim Holler said he was contacting John Jr. in his last post. So that is still Vancouver as far as we know at this point. I have asked Jim which facility these would be made in and he said Vancouver.
            But the 00-03's are being made in Oxnard. So it's not for sure yet it seems.

Hi... i am a bit lost here...
what is the different guitar are being made in California, Vancouver or Oxnard?
Quality? Workmanship or just sentimental issue?
Please give enlightment :D

cheers,
Peter

Quote from: pehabe on February 12, 2010, 04:46:59 PM
Hi... i am a bit lost here...
what is the different guitar are being made in California, Vancouver or Oxnard?
Quality? Workmanship or just sentimental issue?
Please give enlightment :D

cheers,
Peter
It is the same basic guitar with a spruce top, instead of ALL mahogany. Called a 00-03.   We are ordering a 00-03 MT.

hmmm... maybe I have to revise my question...
What is the big deal if our 00-03MT will be made in Vancouver / Oxnard / California factory?  Is there any different quality between those factory?

Thanks,
Peter

Quote from: pehabe on February 13, 2010, 07:23:28 AM
hmmm... maybe I have to revise my question...
What is the big deal if our 00-03MT will be made in Vancouver / Oxnard / California factory?  Is there any different quality between those factory?

Thanks,
Peter
It makes no difference in quality.

Peter, based on the build times of our F-IIIs, which averaged 6-7 weeks, I, personally would like to see Oxnard. Just my feelings. Matthew told me the normal build times for the -03 series is 3 months (Vancouver). The higher grade gits made in Oxnard take 5-6 months. Wendy told me the same thing. All of my -03 series I've owned had a build time like Matthew had said, about 3 months.
   Don't get me wrong, my F-III is a great guitar & go to it more now than my L-10. But with the short build times, how fast some things were (or are) done, I just think the Oxnard plant might get better attention. Slotting the nut on the F-III's in 15-20 seconds by hand using a cardboard guide? Heard that & didn't make sense. This is going to get alot of attacks, but the Vancouver plant was kept open last year with minimal staff just to get our build done. And as fast as possible. And the future of the plant in the air, according to those employees. My choice right now, Oxnard. Seems to be the more stable of the 2 plants. The Washington rumor hasn't been proven to be true, so that's not in the pic yet.
   I'm not bashing Vancouver & have had some great -03s from there. I just feel that Oxnard puts a little more TLC into the guitars. My personal opinion only, Dan. Know you're going to jump all over me for this one. Not all of the F-IIIs lived up to people expectations, but that again is a personal thing. My IS/HOG one is now one awesome guitar, a keeper for life. Oxnard is where the higher series & customs are built (gloss), the OO-03 Limiteds also (matte). Must be a reason other than just breaking up matte finish vs. gloss?
   As far as quality, the -03 series has been made in Vancouver for years, being the original Larrivee factory. My L-10 was made in Vancouver, somewhere? The quality I wouldn't question on any, just consistancy of late. Things are in the air that just don't feel right. All will be resolved, but there must be some reason the OO-03 Limiteds were made in Oxnard?
   OK, everyone pile on me now. Take it easy, as I just had my knee replaced. Maybe just a couple of you?
     Jeff

I am not going to be bothered by your view on this Jeff. Out of the 10 Larrivees I have owned I will say that my F-III is built as well as any were.
                   It really doesn't matter to me where. I just would like to see it get started. :blush:

Dan, just that. A view. I seconded the F-III as being a great guitar. Alot has been happening in the last year, that being my main point. Oxnard seems the more "stable" of the 2 factorys right now. Did I say something about the F-III's as being inferior guitars? No. Mines not. They were rushed, as you know, & a "skeleton" crew kept there to build them. In half the time as usual. Love mine as you do, some don't. I think the IS/HOG combo is the best of the 2 IS topped ones. Dave Wren talked me into the combo I have, telling me I'd be nicely surprised. I was & am now blown away by mine.
   Why where the OO-03 Limiteds made in Oxnard? I don't know, since they're matte guitars. I know I'll get a quality, well-built guitar no matter what. Just expressing my opinion why I'd rather see them built in Oxnard, which was "pehabe's" question. Why do they have a plant dedicated to ONLY the higher end series & customs? You can't get a custom ordered -03 series from Vancouver.
   I understand & agree with your view on all Larrivees, truely believing the -03s are a steal & you just get more guitar than some of these other builders for less. Just don't sacrifice in quality? :thumbsup
     Jeff