F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny,

I can actually talk to my local dealer. I think he might be interested. We could actually aim for a July 4th deadline to give everyone a chance to get in and budget. With prior deadlines for specs. Danny, you got me thinking :whistling: :drool: :bgrin:

-James

Larrivee P-03
Martin 000-28
Martin OMSW-Cherry
Martin Backpacker Steel String
Takamine Classical
Early Ovation Celebrity
Roland A-60 Acoustic Amplifier

Quote from: jamesb1101 on January 10, 2010, 06:41:43 PM
Danny,

I can actually talk to my local dealer. I think he might be interested. We could actually aim for a July 4th deadline to give everyone a chance to get in and budget. With prior deadlines for specs. Danny, you got me thinking :whistling: :drool: :bgrin:

-James

Go for it. Start another thread and I'll support you with donuts. :donut :donut2  But I may be needing a break myself. :winkin:

I wouldn't mind being the lead, but have to do some research with my local dealer.

I am getting excited, and will need the donuts, and possibly a whack in the head as I see how frantic this can get...

-James

Larrivee P-03
Martin 000-28
Martin OMSW-Cherry
Takamine Classical
Early Ovation Celebrity

I so stringly doubt a cedar/walnut L would come true, but I am in if it happens. 

I also STRONGLY suggest you talk to Jason at Notable on this one.  If he is willing to take it on, I think he deserves to handle the next forum order.  We will not be disappointed with price and service.

Quote from: LawDogStrgsAttach on January 10, 2010, 06:58:46 PM
I so stringly doubt a cedar/walnut L would come true, but I am in if it happens.  

I also STRONGLY suggest you talk to Jason at Notable on this one.  If he is willing to take it on, I think he deserves to handle the next forum order.  We will not be disappointed with price and service.
This is good advice and it's always better for two to handle the forum end (kind of a good cop bad cop thing) So LawDog and James y'all may be a great team. :+1:

Quote from: LawDogStrgsAttach on January 10, 2010, 06:58:46 PM

I think getting the orders would not be too much of a problem, especially as the general consensus was to wait until the F-IV had cleared production.  Why does everyone think it would be so hard to talk Larrivee into it since they have done Cedar/Walnut guitars in the past ( albeit in small numbers).

I guess it's probably the reluctance to use cedar at Larrivee.  I've seen a few cedar top Larrivees here on the forum but not many..Jean doesn't seem to like using it on his guitars.  I've heard he sells a lot of it though. 

Orders for the F-IV will end THIS week.

January 15th

Specifications for the Forum IV Guitar

00-03 mahogany top
body length ( without neck ) 19 3/8th
Width upper bout 10 1/8th
width lower bout  14 1/8th
depth at butt end of guitar 4 1/4th
depth at neck end of body  3 3/8th
one piece mahogany neck with ebony headstock overlay , silver border and pearl logo
ebony fingerboard
nut width 1 3/4th
2 3/16th* string spacing at bridge                                    
back strip
herringbone rosette
12 fret neck

You must put a 25% deposit down with "Trinity Guitars" to order this one.
                                                       Contact Jim Holler for the price.

Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars
800 West Third St
Jamestown, NY 14701
716-665-4490
JimHoller@TrinityGuitars.com
www.trinityguitars.com
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

(Only a few days left)

Here's the cedar/rosette look (taken from Randy's website: http://randyrick.us/guitars/ebin/ebin.htm) that would be great for the F V! 

In doing a little online research, the cedar topped Larries appear to be very well loved by their owners.  I know that Jean has said that sitka is the superior tonewood and that he no longer uses cedar.   But of course forum members are by and large multiple Larrivee owners, and a model that hearkens back to the 70's (and nineties when Larrivee was doing the cedar/walnut combo) I think would be very well received by those of us who already have sitka Larries.  From my understanding, the Forum guitars also seek extend the range of offerings, so why not a model that is imbued with nostalgia?

I really want this to happen!

[attachment deleted by admin]
OM-03R 2008 Twelfth Fret SE 5/12
LSV-03R 2009 Forum III 55/78

LawDog or Stephen Basil,

PM me if you are interested in working with me on this F-V. We can set a timeline, and move from there. I am going to contact Jason at notable guitars.

-James

Larrivee P-03
Martin 000-28
Martin OMSW-Cherry
Takamine Classical
Early Ovation Celebrity

I didn't even see any discussion on a walnut and cedar guitar. Who made this decision?

Not sure it really matters....I'd be surprised if Larrivee will do a cedar topped guitar anymore....

Good luck.
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Dotneck,

We are just wishing out loud right now.

-James

Larrivee P-03
Martin 000-28
Martin OMSW-Cherry
Takamine Classical
Early Ovation Celebrity

Quote from: jamesb1101 on January 11, 2010, 12:42:52 PM
Dotneck,

We are just wishing out loud right now.

-James

I'd love to start seeing more cedar tops on Larrivees.  I really think a 12 fret mahogany LS with a cedar top would be nice.  I hope you guys get this Forum V thing going...cedar and walnut, very nice combination!

Quote from: dependan on January 11, 2010, 07:09:48 AM
                   Orders for the F-IV will end THIS week.

January 15th

Specifications for the Forum IV Guitar

00-03 mahogany top
body length ( without neck ) 19 3/8th
Width upper bout 10 1/8th
width lower bout  14 1/8th
depth at butt end of guitar 4 1/4th
depth at neck end of body  3 3/8th
one piece mahogany neck with ebony headstock overlay , silver border and pearl logo
ebony fingerboard
nut width 1 3/4th
2 3/16th* string spacing at bridge                                    
back strip
herringbone rosette
12 fret neck

You must put a 25% deposit down with "Trinity Guitars" to order this one.
                                                       Contact Jim Holler for the price.

Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars
800 West Third St
Jamestown, NY 14701
716-665-4490
JimHoller@TrinityGuitars.com
www.trinityguitars.com
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

(Only a few days left)

Ok,  I eft weeks ago with my tail tucked because they weren't extending the order date on the Forum IV... Now I see this post.  What happened?  Still avail?

Danny, I also see you have reached over 5500 posts.  Wow!  Being I started here before you that is quote an accoplishement.  

So, What have I missed?
A bunch of great guitars I don't deserve and a gaggle of fly rods.... Aint life grand?

Quote from: Bltprf502 on January 11, 2010, 01:52:57 PM
Ok,  I eft weeks ago with my tail tucked because they weren't extending the order date on the Forum IV... Now I see this post.  What happened?  Still avail?

Danny, I also see you have reached over 5500 posts.  Wow!  Being I started here before you that is quote an accoplishement.  

So, What have I missed?

Jim Holler made a second order date available. The first order of 23 went in on December 16th and this order is due to close on Friday. I have now Idea how many, or even if anymore have been ordered.
             But the door is still open. :donut

Roger that... Somehting to think about.

Looks Like Denis and Blue in VT have been here, but here is a Hogtop 00-05 with slot head to peak some interest.  If this link has been posted, my appoligies as I have been away for a month and did not reasearch to see if it had been posted.  I have heard this guy play some other stuff on a Cruz.  He plays well especially for a kid.  Nice liitle tune!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1qjM16bpgw&feature=channel
A bunch of great guitars I don't deserve and a gaggle of fly rods.... Aint life grand?

Quote from: Trinity Guitars on January 05, 2010, 06:04:31 AM
Hi, There are 23 guitars on order from the first wave. This order was placed 12/16/09. I have the order conformation from Larrivee so the ball is rolling. John has been asked to do the face book photos again. lets hope he gets time. That was fun last time around. The clues that lead us to photos of out guitars were great!.
  There are two people on the list for the first group that have asked to back out for what ever reason. I am looking for two to commit to these two guitars. That are ordered and will be part of the first wave. The numbers are #21 and #22. Let ma know if you would like to hope on one of these.
Jim Holler

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Thanks Roger I corrected my date also. I think Jim said 21 and 22 were spoken for now. I'll see if I can find that post.

Quote from: tuffythepug on January 10, 2010, 01:56:44 AM
Ok then.   I'm starting the rumor right here and now that the Forum VI will be a special edition of an RS-4 electric with a Koa top over mahogany.   (With 6 dots  on the 12th fret of course..    :whistling:  a little inside joke)
Pass the word.

Lynn, you're way too funny!
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"