F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: TimButterfield on January 09, 2010, 04:49:08 PM
Of course we can say that.  After all, there was not a broadcast email for this one.  At least, I do not remember receiving one.  I would guess that the vast majority of forumites do not know about the F-IV.  I found out about the F-IV and the 12/15 deadline, but not early enough to budget for it.  So, I didn't and then didn't visit again for a while.  Just now, today, I found out about the 1/15 deadline, again without sufficient time to begin budgeting for it.  Oh, well.  I'm not bitter about it, but I wanted to note that having sufficient notice matters to some folks for some larger budget items.  Maybe I'll happen upon the forum again in time to hear about the next one.

Tim
Randy has stuck this thread at the top of Larrivee Guitars and we gave updates as much as possible.
              In another thread some members are being critical of the forum due to receiving e-mails from a scammer. So I don't know what to say except you can't please everyone. Someone will always say "sour grapes".

Danny,

I agree. I am just surprised of the level of drama that continues. This may upset others, but people need to get over it and move on.

Again, thank you Danny and Jim H. for all your hard work...

:cheers :cheers :cheers

-James

Larrivee P-03
Martin 000-28
Martin OMSW-Cherry
Martin Backpacker Steel String
Takamine Classical
Early Ovation Celebrity
Roland A-60 Acoustic Amplifier

Just a reminder that orders for the F-IV will end next week.
                                          January 15th

Specifications for the Forum IV Guitar

00-03 mahogany top
body length ( without neck ) 19 3/8th
Width upper bout 10 1/8th
width lower bout  14 1/8th
depth at butt end of guitar 4 1/4th
depth at neck end of body  3 3/8th
one piece mahogany neck with ebony headstock overlay , silver border and pearl logo
ebony fingerboard
nut width 1 3/4th
2 3/16th* string spacing at bridge                                    
back strip
herringbone rosette
12 fret neck

You must put a 25% deposit down with "Trinity Guitars" to order this one.
                                                       Contact Jim Holler for the price.

Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars
800 West Third St
Jamestown, NY 14701
716-665-4490
JimHoller@TrinityGuitars.com
www.trinityguitars.com
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

not long now....

Of course we can say that.  After all, there was not a broadcast email for this one.  At least, I do not remember receiving one.  I would guess that the vast majority of forumites do not know about the F-IV.  I found out about the F-IV and the 12/15 deadline, but not early enough to budget for it.  So, I didn't and then didn't visit again for a while.  Just now, today, I found out about the 1/15 deadline, again without sufficient time to begin budgeting for it.  Oh, well.  I'm not bitter about it, but I wanted to note that having sufficient notice matters to some folks for some larger budget items.  Maybe I'll happen upon the forum again in time to hear about the next one.Tim

Ya snooze, ya lose!   Seriously, when I asked about a bulk email to forum members, it was said that after the F-III a decision was made by the moderator(s) (I think) to not do such an email.

But perhaps you CAN budget for it.  25% now to Jim and the rest in late April (maybe).  With the cost less than the F-III it might be do-able.
Play it daily for best results.

Quote from: dependan on January 09, 2010, 05:27:25 PM
Randy has stuck this thread at the top of Larrivee Guitars and we gave updates as much as possible.
              In another thread some members are being critical of the forum due to receiving e-mails from a scammer. So I don't know what to say except you can't please everyone. Someone will always say "sour grapes".
The issue for me, and probably the vast majority of forum members, is that we cannot get to the forum regularly enough to keep current.  Life keeps me busy and I get here when I can, just not often enough.  Too many interests and not enough time for everything.  I'm not complaining, just wishing, wishing I were better informed.
2000 Larrivée OM-10
2007 Larrivée P-09 QM (Quilted Maple)
2008 Pavan TP-30 (RW/Cedar)

Quote from: prof_stack on January 09, 2010, 05:53:03 PM
But perhaps you CAN budget for it.  25% now to Jim and the rest in late April (maybe).  With the cost less than the F-III it might be do-able.
It's tempting and I thought about it, but would have to put the down payment on credit and hope I could pay it soon and still collect enough for the remainder later.  It's a risk I'm a bit leery of taking for what is, for me, a luxury item.  Better to keep the emergency fund where it is; might need some of that for taxes.  I should just start collecting now for the next one and hope I like whatever it turns out to be.  The 00 would be a nice addition, but so would an L.
2000 Larrivée OM-10
2007 Larrivée P-09 QM (Quilted Maple)
2008 Pavan TP-30 (RW/Cedar)

Of course we can say that.  After all, there was not a broadcast email for this one.  At least, I do not remember receiving one.  I would guess that the vast majority of forumites do not know about the F-IV.  I found out about the F-IV and the 12/15 deadline, but not early enough to budget for it.  So, I didn't and then didn't visit again for a while.  Just now, today, I found out about the 1/15 deadline, again without sufficient time to begin budgeting for it.  Oh, well.  I'm not bitter about it, but I wanted to note that having sufficient notice matters to some folks for some larger budget items.  Maybe I'll happen upon the forum again in time to hear about the next one.

Tim

Tim it's too bad that you missed out on this opportunity tho it may appear your expectations of notification are somewhat unreasonable and checking the forum only once a month is nobody's fault of being uninformed BUT your own. I hope you will be in a position for the next one of which rumblings are starting already.
:cheers
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Well, I`ve got a hankering to play a hogtop again.  I can`t wait for this guitar.  My FIII makes me weak in the knees every time I pick it up and having a small hogtop 12 fret guitar will further keep the GAS at bay.  Although, I`m always thinking about how nice it would be to have a 12 string again!

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on January 09, 2010, 07:18:27 PM

Tim it's too bad that you missed out on this opportunity tho it may appear your expectations of notification are somewhat unreasonable and checking the forum only once a month is nobody's fault of being uninformed BUT your own. I hope you will be in a position for the next one of which rumblings are starting already.
:cheers

Caution, though; there is talk about the next one being more upscale, with much more bling, and a price that reflects that ... so this is your chance to get in on a great guitar at a great price, if you can swing it.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on January 09, 2010, 10:09:07 PM
Caution, though; there is talk about the next one being more upscale, with much more bling, and a price that reflects that ... so this is your chance to get in on a great guitar at a great price, if you can swing it.

We already decided it would be Cedar/Walnut L-body with a mosaic rosette.   :bgrin:  Personally I would prefer Abalone, but I'll take what I can get with that wood combination.

Quote from: AZLiberty on January 09, 2010, 11:14:00 PM
We already decided it would be Cedar/Walnut L-body with a mosaic rosette.   :bgrin:  Personally I would prefer Abalone, but I'll take what I can get with that wood combination.

Ok then.   I'm starting the rumor right here and now that the Forum VI will be a special edition of an RS-4 electric with a Koa top over mahogany.   (With 6 dots  on the 12th fret of course..    :whistling:  a little inside joke)
Pass the word.

Quote from: tuffythepug on January 10, 2010, 01:56:44 AM
Ok then.   I'm starting the rumor right here and now that the Forum VI will be a special edition of an RS-4 electric with a Koa top over mahogany.   (With 6 dots  on the 12th fret of course..    :whistling:  a little inside joke)
Pass the word.

The Cedar/Walnut Forum guitar may have to be made by Morgan Guitars... and we may as a result have to change the forum name to "Larrivée and Extended Family Guitar Forum"! :humour:
OM-03R 2008 Twelfth Fret SE 5/12
LSV-03R 2009 Forum III 55/78

An RS 4 Forum Guitar - sign me up now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

re: the last dozen or so posts speculating on a future forum guitar...

This is about how the attempts at conscensus went for over a year when we did the first forum guitar. Then Jason (Notable) jumped in and said this is what you'll get, and a large number of people were happy and it got done..   :laughin:
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

AZLiberty,

Count me in on the next forum guitar, sounds great!

-James

:nice guitar: :nice guitar: :nice guitar:

Larrivee P-03
Martin 000-28
Martin OMSW-Cherry
Takamine Classical
Early Ovation Celebrity

Quote from: larwill on January 10, 2010, 12:14:57 PM
Sorry if I missed it but what is the price?

I'll PM you. commercial prices can't be listed on the forum.
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Quote from: Randy_R on January 10, 2010, 10:00:56 AM
re: the last dozen or so posts speculating on a future forum guitar...

This is about how the attempts at conscensus went for over a year when we did the first forum guitar. Then Jason (Notable) jumped in and said this is what you'll get, and a large number of people were happy and it got done..   :laughin:

I wasn't speculating so much as working on the "if I keep saying it it will happen theory" :bgrin:

We had around dozen folks in the special edition thread in agreement:
Cedar/Walnut
L-body
Mosaic Rosette
Clean Fretboard like the F-III, with the Roman numeral V inlaid (we hadn't agreed on whether it should be inlaid at the 12th, 14th, or 5th fret)
We also had not picked binding, but I think Maple would go well.

The only concern was Jean has a well known bias against Cedar, in spite of the fact that I have played a number of cedar topped Larrivees over the years, including a Cedar/Walnut combo.  Personally, in this economy, I don't see why they would turn down an order for what ought to be around 20+ guitars.

AZLiberty,

What about adding a slothead and pyramid bridge since we are dreaming.

-James

P.S If it becomes a reality, definitely count me in...
Larrivee P-03
Martin 000-28
Martin OMSW-Cherry
Takamine Classical
Early Ovation Celebrity

Quote from: jamesb1101 on January 10, 2010, 06:33:10 PM
AZLiberty,

What about adding a slothead and pyramid bridge since we are dreaming.

-James

P.S If it becomes a reality, definitely count me in...
James you may be just the man to make these dreams a reality. But Jim H. needs a break. So another dealer will need to be solicited.