F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This is a tough one for me to stay out of. I know what a great small guitar the 00's are. But when I'm otherwise selling guitars it makes no sense to buy yet another. So, I strung up my 00-10Bz today with a new set of EXP-12's and played it a little. What a great sounding small guitar it is !!!! I know the mahogany top will be great too, and different enough to justify it, but I can't. I've almost jumped on the 00-60 for sale here too, but have restrained myself.

The people that get this guitar are going to have a big smile on their faces soon.. (soon Danny, soon...  :cheers )

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Quote from: Randy_R on January 04, 2010, 05:00:58 PM
I strung up my 00-10Bz today with a new set of EXP-12's and played it a little. What a great sounding small guitar it is !!!! I know the mahogany top will be great too, and different enough to justify it, but I can't.

The people that get this guitar are going to have a big smile on their faces soon.. (soon Danny, soon...  :cheers )

Apologies if what I clipped make those comments lose context.  I don't think it does, but just in case...

5 days into my spruce top 00-03, I'm still in honeymoon mode.  2 things occurred to me today...  I haven't put a capo on it yet, and I'm ready to lose the Cleartones and put a *real* set of strings on (J. Pearse ph. bronze).  It's a different voice than the parlor I love so well but not so different, that it's bad.  What a sweet little box...  and utile.

I agree with Randy...  whoever is on the list for the hog tops, is going to be smiling broad before too long.

Ed

It is likely I will call Jim next week to order the F-IV.  Still on the fence but prevailing winds are pushing me that way.
Play it daily for best results.

Quote from: prof_stack on January 04, 2010, 09:36:34 PM
It is likely I will call Jim next week to order the F-IV.  Still on the fence but prevailing winds are pushing me that way.
I thought you ordered one two months ago... No wait...let's see when did we start this deal?  Wasn't it last August? :winkin:

Quote from: Randy_R on January 04, 2010, 05:00:58 PM
This is a tough one for me to stay out of. I know what a great small guitar the 00's are. But when I'm otherwise selling guitars it makes no sense to buy yet another. So, I strung up my 00-10Bz today with a new set of EXP-12's and played it a little. What a great sounding small guitar it is !!!! I know the mahogany top will be great too, and different enough to justify it, but I can't. I've almost jumped on the 00-60 for sale here too, but have restrained myself.

Randy we wouldn't make it without you. :beer

Quote from: dependan on January 04, 2010, 09:44:48 PM
 I thought you ordered one two months ago... No wait...let's see when did we start this deal?  Wasn't it last August? :winkin:

It just seems like that long ago...tick, tock, tick, tock...  :wacko:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Hi, There are 23 guitars on order from the first wave. This order was placed 12/16/09. I have the order conformation from Larrivee so the ball is rolling. John has been asked to do the face book photos again. lets hope he gets time. That was fun last time around. The clues that lead us to photos of out guitars were great!.
  There are two people on the list for the first group that have asked to back out for what ever reason. I am looking for two to commit to these two guitars. That are ordered and will be part of the first wave. The numbers are #21 and #22. Let ma know if you would like to hope on one of these.
Jim Holler
Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the update.  I have reflected this (23) and the info that there are two available in the Forum IV wiki page.

Just a reminder that orders for the F-IV will end next week.
                                           January 15th

Specifications for the Forum IV Guitar

00-03 mahogany top
body length ( without neck ) 19 3/8th
Width upper bout 10 1/8th
width lower bout  14 1/8th
depth at butt end of guitar 4 1/4th
depth at neck end of body  3 3/8th
one piece mahogany neck with ebony headstock overlay , silver border and pearl logo
ebony fingerboard
nut width 1 3/4th
2 3/16th* string spacing at bridge                                     
back strip
herringbone rosette
12 fret neck

You must put a 25% deposit down with "Trinity Guitars" to order this one.
                                                        Contact Jim Holler for the price.

Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars
800 West Third St
Jamestown, NY 14701
716-665-4490
JimHoller@TrinityGuitars.com
www.trinityguitars.com

not long now....

One more week to order this one.

Here is the link to a new thread regarding a 00-50MT. There is a video link there and you can see and hear a 00 mahogany top Larrivee.
                                  http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=30276.msg278400#msg278400

This is the direct link to the video.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1qjM16bpgw

Number 21 and 22 are spoken for now.
Jim Holler
Jim Holler, Luthier

www.TrinityGuitars.com

Dan, click your heels 3 times & say: "Dreams do come true"! You've had good luck getting these Forum guitars off the groung for all, so your time will come. Keep dreaming & good luck! :thumb
   Dan, without you, some of our dreams wouldn't have come true. We should all be thankful to you for your great ideas, along with others, to make dream guitars reality. :bowdown:
     Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Hi everyone,

I got in on the first order.  I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet so let me be the first to whine "are we there yet?"  :laughin:

Seriously, is there a rough ETA for when we can hope to be playing these?

:nana_guitar
Why wait any longer for the world to begin?

Quote from: pg60 on January 09, 2010, 11:14:14 AM
Hi everyone,

I got in on the first order.  I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet so let me be the first to whine "are we there yet?"  :laughin:

Thanks I needed that!!!    No one has asked yet but there will be more many more.  :humour:
Jim Holler, Luthier

www.TrinityGuitars.com

Has it been confirmed which Tuners this Git will come stocked with?
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: pg60 on January 09, 2010, 11:14:14 AM
Hi everyone,

I got in on the first order.  I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet so let me be the first to whine "are we there yet?"  :laughin:

Quote from: Trinity Guitars on January 09, 2010, 12:07:08 PM
 Thanks I needed that!!!    No one has asked yet but there will be more many more.  :humour:
What? You didn't receive yours yet?
What's your tracking number?
What do you mean Jim didn't give you a tracking number?
:humour:
(Sorry Jim. I couldn't resist.)

Quote from: Queequeg on January 09, 2010, 02:47:17 PM
What? You didn't receive yours yet?
What's your tracking number?
What do you mean Jim didn't give you a tracking number?
:humour:
(Sorry Jim. I couldn't resist.)
I can take it. Ask away.  After all there is ONLY 23 of you so far this time. Last time it was 78. This time there is one guitar not 24 different ones. No calls about changes  Thank God! Plus you will all get the chance to meet Kathy. She is great. We have worked together for about 15 years and now she is part of the Trinity Guitars team. She is doing all the book work, accounting, some ordering, shipping and so on. She even sold a guitar the other day while I was out buying wood to build guitars with. I could not be more lucky and thankfull to have her helping me out.
Jim
Jim Holler, Luthier

www.TrinityGuitars.com

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on January 04, 2010, 04:45:09 PM
Folks - Forumites can't say opportunity was not provided to everyone by Danny and Trinity. Certainly cuts out any potential whining in the future by holding open as it was.  :whistling:
Of course we can say that.  After all, there was not a broadcast email for this one.  At least, I do not remember receiving one.  I would guess that the vast majority of forumites do not know about the F-IV.  I found out about the F-IV and the 12/15 deadline, but not early enough to budget for it.  So, I didn't and then didn't visit again for a while.  Just now, today, I found out about the 1/15 deadline, again without sufficient time to begin budgeting for it.  Oh, well.  I'm not bitter about it, but I wanted to note that having sufficient notice matters to some folks for some larger budget items.  Maybe I'll happen upon the forum again in time to hear about the next one.

Tim
2000 Larrivée OM-10
2007 Larrivée P-09 QM (Quilted Maple)
2008 Pavan TP-30 (RW/Cedar)

Quote from: dependan on January 09, 2010, 11:24:15 AM
  End of March or so.

Thanks Danny!  That's earlier than I'd hoped for  :smile:
Why wait any longer for the world to begin?