F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: jrdavies on December 16, 2009, 08:41:16 PM
There are some nice pictures of L Fan's 00-50MT which has a herringbone rosette in the thread that spawned the F IV

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=27209.msg248135#msg248135

This thread was not the "spawn" of this F-IV.

Quote from: Denis on December 16, 2009, 09:13:06 PM
Then what was it?

The 00-03 limited run was it. I asked Jim Holler if they would make a 00-03MT for us and he said yes Larrivee would if we had 4 buyers. Randy suggested it be the F-IV after I posted that it would be done by Larrivee.

So Larrivee "spawned" the F-IV by doing a limited run of 00-03's and Randy suggested to me to approach a dealer to order a MT version, because he knew I wanted one. Which I did. Jim Holler arranged it. I posted it. Randy suggested it be called a F-IV.
             This thread is the result. The other thread that was mentioned was ideas. Of which some were close.

Whoops!  My bad apologies all round  :donut2 :donut  Er, so does anyone know how many were in the first order?  I heard at least 20.

I've emailed Jim and he said 24...
yes, 24 for the first deadline.
I am exited  :nana_guitar

Quote from: pehabe on December 17, 2009, 07:52:04 AM
I've emailed Jim and he said 24...
yes, 24 for the first deadline.
I am exited  :nana_guitar

Are you leaving?
Play it daily for best results.

After he gets his guitar!!!! But, will have to post pics & comments first! :thumb
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Quote from: prof_stack on December 17, 2009, 08:41:38 AM
Are you leaving?

hahaha, my bad... english is not my mother language.
I mean: excited  :wink:

What a different one "c" is.  maybe means "cutaway"?  :whistling:

Okay, I'm gonna stir the pot a little here...

I was reading the other thread about the 00-03's, then went to Guitar Adoption's website to take a look at them (very nice!).

BUT I noticed that they come with a deluxe, archtop case! For an 00 series guitar! 

Extras Included in Price:

Larrivee deluxe hard-shell included
Care Booklet / Warranty Card
Truss Rod Wrench

Something tells me Larrivee doesn't have any flat-top cases for this body size/style. I'm just saying we might see some archtop cases with these...  :thumb
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Had noticed the same about the cases & commented on it before. Looks like we might get lucky? For an "-03" series? :thumb
     Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Has there been a final word on the "string spacing"? I read somewhere on this thread that it was 2 3/8"
All Lefties.
Larrivée L-03-
Larrivée L-03R-
Larrivée 00-03MT Forum IV-#7
Gibson J45
Martin HD-28
Martin CEO-7

Quote from: Frank_S on December 18, 2009, 12:56:47 PM
Has there been a final word on the "string spacing"? I read somewhere on this thread that it was 2 3/8"

That's what Danny wrote in one response...2 3/8"...lovely!

Quote from: dependan on December 18, 2009, 05:57:53 PM
  That is what was given us from the Larrivee representative "Ricky''.
    But my Missouri common sense has a little question about this, especially since he gave us parlor specs. to start with.   
                        Still I am hoping 2 3/8'' is correct.  :nice guitar:

Here's to hoping!

So I wonder if there will again be a Facebook page for the build?  It was nice to see the Forum III come together like that.   

Quote from: dependan on December 18, 2009, 06:12:04 PM
 That would be great, maybe we could try and contact John Jr. and ask him if he has the time and desire to at least do a weekly update for us.
              A lot may depend on the merging of the two factories, if indeed that rumor is true.

As you you know Denis, I was ready for this guitar build to "start" about a month ago. Patience is a virtue that I have yet to be accused of possessing.

I hear you Danny!!!  I am happy it's happening at all right now.  VERY excited!!!

What's this merging of the factories you speak of????

Well, things are tough all over and if they need to do that to stay viable then that's what they have to do.  I have no doubt that Larrivee will be around for a while yet.  

Edit:  Sorry Danny...no doubt..

I think they will do fine myself. Sometimes reducing production results in an increase in quality.

Because we are in a tough economic climate and someone gets on this forum and states something like this in their very 1st post AND THAT IS CREDIBLE???? hmmmmmmm Rubbish I say
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: dependan on December 18, 2009, 08:13:28 PM
  No need to fight about it. Believe what you want to. Time will tell us all anyway.

Beer anyone :beer

Sorry friends didn't realize them there were fightin words?????   :cheers
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on December 18, 2009, 08:00:24 PM
Because we are in a tough economic climate and someone gets on this forum and states something like this in their very 1st post AND THAT IS CREDIBLE???? hmmmmmmm Rubbish I say

As Danny said, his comments did seem credible, BUT, they have not been verified by anyone from Larrivee, and no other disgruntled employee/s has/have posted the same information here...so we really know nothing 'official' yet. Maybe Larrivee had to cut back on labor (no big surprise in this economy) and some employees heard some discussion about future options for the plant...and maybe Larrivee is waiting to make any final decisions until after NAMM in January 2010. All speculation on my part at this point.

2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

I am glad, then, that there are several who are spending money on the Forum IV guitar.  This will help in a small way to keep things going.

I already own a Larrivee P-09 (spruce/rosewood) and an OM-05 MT.  I really look forward to the Forum IV.

Quote from: Mikeymac on December 19, 2009, 12:56:56 AM
As Danny said, his comments did seem credible, BUT, they have not been verified by anyone from Larrivee, and no other disgruntled employee/s has/have posted the same information here...so we really know nothing 'official' yet. Maybe Larrivee had to cut back on labor (no big surprise in this economy) and some employees heard some discussion about future options for the plant...and maybe Larrivee is waiting to make any final decisions until after NAMM in January 2010. All speculation on my part at this point.

Agreed as Danny said time will tell. So long as Larrivee is still makin guitars is really ultimately our final wish. Larrivee  when in Ontario had a very good reputation as an employer never heard anything different since. Thus I am sure they are doing everything within their power to look after their people in this harsh economic climate.  As far as giving credibility to the original poster I wasn't able to acredit any assurances that he legitimately knew anything more than most of us on the forum which for me is absolutely nothing :yawn