F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

please don't take this question the wrong way,can someone tell me how the back strip works,never seen one on a Larrivee, will it be th same wood as the binding and how come Larrivee have choosen to go with a strip on these guitars? but I don't know why but it maks the guitar sound a bit cooler than it already was  :nice guitar:

Quote from: sniggs on December 10, 2009, 11:25:48 PM
please don't take this question the wrong way,can someone tell me how the back strip works,never seen one on a Larrivee, will it be th same wood as the binding and how come Larrivee have choosen to go with a strip on these guitars? but I don't know why but it maks the guitar sound a bit cooler than it already was  :nice guitar:

I'm hoping it's a herringbone back strip, but I don't know...  :drool:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

If you get 21 orders I might need to jump in and snag # 22 to go with FIII #22.  :whistling:  Just joking, sort of, maybe...
"Faith"    2009 Larrivee FIII LSV-03HB (IS/Hog)

The new details regarding the headstock inlays and backstrip sound like they will dress up this little guitar nicely....
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

In response to a recent query, it is my understanding that Jim H is OK with affixing a bone saddle.  At least, he didn't complain when I made that request at the time of my order.

Another vote here for sticking with the 12/15 order deadline, not that any of us can control production but more because folks aren't going to be hanging out/placing new orders in the last part of Dec.

I, for one, am very pleased over the final specs.  Hoping the sound matches the specs.

Danny, Jim, Larrivee, everyone, great effort with specs, this will be an amazing guitar.  I still can't afford to join in....

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

1975 LS09 with backstrip
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

That looks great on that rosewood back, Randy, but herringbone would look better with the her. rosette and the matching hog top and back. Just sayin' - I know we on't have any control over that detail.  Very sweet specs, no matter what! Like someone said, I don't know how Larrivee can make any money on this thing!
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Well, well, well.

I know I've been a ghost lately but I login to check out what everyone's been up to and holy smokes, this thing is already 32 pages deep and I'm seeing it for the 1st time!  This is a real nice special guitar, my best wishes to all that are ordering one.
:guitar
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Me too, first I'm seeing this.  I'm in sell mode but this one pushes all my buttons and could not resist...

Called Jim and I'm #15  :nana_guitar
Why wait any longer for the world to begin?

Ok, I really hate all of you for encouraging my GAS addiction.   :roll

I will be #16.  :nana_guitar

My thanks to all who made this possible.  :thumb

Mike
Seek perfection of character!
Be faithful!
Endeavor!
Respect others!
Refrain from violent deeds!

Am I crazy? My wife definitely thinks I am.  My new and first Larrivee just arrived yesterday from Trinity Guitars and I've today sent them a deposit check for this Forum IV. 

Waiting for Jim to confirm if I'm #17 (or #18 which is a lucky number according to Asian tradition)  :humour:
Larrivee Forum IV
Martin OOO-28VS
Martin D-18GE Sunburst

Quote from: jshowyin on December 10, 2009, 11:55:59 PM
If you get 21 orders I might need to jump in and snag # 22 to go with FIII #22.  :whistling:  Just joking, sort of, maybe...

If I follow your logic, I should be pretty safe...yet. I'll have to wait until there are 77 orders of FIV to go with my FIII #78.

ricky

Hey guys.

Been lurking for a few weeks and just stumbled on this. Thanks to the mysterious crack I discovered on my 10 year old Taylor 312 I've been thinking of something I'd like to replace it with. Weary of Taylors overpricing and enrapt with Larrivee's quality the idea of a small mahogany 12 fret I can fingerpick sitting on the couch is too tempting, especially with the unique features the F-IV will have. My thanks to the guys who set this up!

John from Atlanta. . .

'98 Taylor 312-ce
'44 Gibson ES-300
'78 Std Strat
'08 Std Strat
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGpO6PjnWyQYoutube (be kind. . .)
Larrivee OO-05 • Larrivee OOV-03 SS • Larrivee OO-44  • Taylor 322ce • Strat • Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jpmist

Welcome, John from Atlanta.  What a great way to make an entrance.  I envy you all just a little bit.  I hope it's exquisite.

Quote from: jpmist on December 11, 2009, 03:20:20 PM
Hey guys.

Been lurking for a few weeks and just stumbled on this. Thanks to the mysterious crack I discovered on my 10 year old Taylor 312 I've been thinking of something I'd like to replace it with. Weary of Taylors overpricing and enrapt with Larrivee's quality the idea of a small mahogany 12 fret I can fingerpick sitting on the couch is too tempting, especially with the unique features the F-IV will have. My thanks to the guys who set this up!

John from Atlanta. . .

'98 Taylor 312-ce
'44 Gibson ES-300
'78 Std Strat
'08 Std Strat

John, Welcome. I get an error with your link.  The URL contained a malformed video ID.

I think we might have met once upon a time.

Randy from Dahlonega
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Quote from: jpmist on December 11, 2009, 03:20:20 PM
Hey guys.

John from Atlanta. . .

'98 Taylor 312-ce
'44 Gibson ES-300
'78 Std Strat
'08 Std Strat
Yes, welcome indeed. And this is a pretty cool first post.  Just contact Jim at Trinity Guitars to put in a deposit and you'll be on the order list.

Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars
800 West Third St
Jamestown, NY 14701
716-665-4490

www.trinityguitars.com

Dependan,
Thank you for all you've done.  I can't afford to order one of these beauties, but I appreciate your passion for Larrivee and your presence on this forum.  Enjoy your holidays and your amazing new guitar.
". . . if I only had a brain . . ."

Quote from: jbrummer on December 11, 2009, 07:56:37 PM
Dependan,
Thank you for all you've done.  I can't afford to order one of these beauties, but I appreciate your passion for Larrivee and your presence on this forum.  Enjoy your holidays and your amazing new guitar.
I don't know if you realize it but you just saved me from making a mess of things.
      I really needed some encouragement with the last barrage of negative PM's and posts.

EVERYONE has an opinion and sometimes they all just add up to muck.
                                        (I do not exclude my own)

Thanks jbrummer  :donut

Quote from: dependan on December 11, 2009, 09:11:10 PM
 I don't know if you realize it but you just saved me from making a mess of things.
     I really needed some encouragement with the last barrage of negative PM's and posts.

EVERYONE has an opinion and sometimes they all just add up to muck.
                                       (I do not exclude my own)

Thanks jbrummer  :donut

Hey my man, your doing a great job getting the F-IV off the ground. Just remember..you can't please everyone.

:donut :donut :coffee :coffee :donut2 :donut2 :coffee