F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: dependan on December 03, 2009, 09:30:25 PM
Pick up the phone and call Jim (the Lord of the List) or e-mail him.

Yup...I sent hiim an e-mail...heard back from him in 10 minutes, and this is at 5:50 Eastern time! He shoulda been on his way home for the day!

(I suspect you won't get a reply now until tomorrow morning...)
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on December 03, 2009, 09:33:11 PM
Yup...I sent hiim an e-mail...heard back from him in 10 minutes, and this is at 5:50 Eastern time! He shoulda been on his way home for the day!

(I suspect you won't get a reply now until tomorrow morning...)

Thanks but I'd rather not bother him with another phone call. I emailed Jim yesterday but he didn't respond so I called earlier today to make sure he received my deposit. I forgot who I spoke with but he said that my deposit was received and that I was on the list. I just never thought to ask where I was on the list. I paid him on Monday.
All Lefties.
Larrivée L-03-
Larrivée L-03R-
Larrivée 00-03MT Forum IV-#7
Gibson J45
Martin HD-28
Martin CEO-7

Quote from: dependan on December 03, 2009, 09:18:00 AM
                             UPDATE

Jim has requested that the pick guard be put in the case and he will install it for those who want it on.

Also he has tried repeatedly to get our particular specifications and will call Larrivee today.

We have 10 definite orders and more that are tentative. We are getting there folks and Jim is trying hard.

Please e-mail Jim Holler for the price or any interest in the F-IV purchase.

Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars
800 West Third St
Jamestown, NY 14701
716-665-4490

www.trinityguitars.com        

If anyone requests a price or information please tell them to e-mail Trinity and not PM.
      (That will make it all easier to keep up with)

thanks Jim  :thumbsup
Just call Jim or e-mail him, I think he would like it better that way now that the initial flurry of activity has subsided.

Sent my deposit off today, 12/4.  Another one on the way . . .  Thx to Randy R for the recommendation!

Quote from: jumpjibe on December 04, 2009, 07:24:24 PM
Sent my deposit off today, 12/4.  Another one on the way . . .  Thx to Randy R for the recommendation!
Welcome to the Forum and to the Forum IV. It was Randy who suggested I contact a dealer for a 00-03 MT to begin with. And then after I did he suggested that it should be a Forum guitar.

methinks Randy wants a 00-03MT  :nice guitar:

I guess I'll have to see what I can sell this weekend to scrounge up some money.

Quote from: Joby on December 04, 2009, 09:14:35 PM
My deposit is in...#11 is on its way to Canada.  :nana_guitar

:donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :coffee :donut :donut :coffee :coffee
GREAT number 11 was the other number I thought that I would like to have. Since I have F-III #1 then it would be F-IV #11
                  F-III 1& F-IV 11           but it will be F-III 1 F-IV II    :rolleye:

Or maybe F-III & IV  1&2  nah...

I got it        "1 2 III IV"  :whistling:

I'm a numbers man ya see

Quote from: dependan on December 04, 2009, 09:19:09 PM
  GREAT number 11 was the other number I thought that I would like to have. Since I have F-III #1 then it would be F-IV #11
                  F-III 1& F-IV 11           but it will be F-III 1 F-IV II    :rolleye:

Or maybe F-III & IV  1&2  nah...

I got it        "1 2 III IV"  :whistling:

I'm a numbers man ya see

haha...I see :smile: ...it's Friday and you know what that means...it's time to pick up the guitar and have a couple of beers. :cheers

Quote from: Joby on December 04, 2009, 09:14:35 PM
My deposit is in...#11 is on its way to Canada.  :nana_guitar

:donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :coffee :donut :donut :coffee :coffee

My friend your # 11 like my # 4 is NOT on its way to Canada they ARE SYAYIN in Canada  and a couple others too I think.  :welcome:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on December 04, 2009, 10:22:38 PM
My friend your # 11 like my # 4 is NOT on its way to Canada they ARE SYAYIN in Canada  and a couple others too I think.  :welcome:

So they are getting shipped to us straight from BC?...That's awesome..less travel on the little girl.  :thumbsup

:donut2 :donut2 :donut2 :coffee :donut :donut :coffee

Quote from: Joby on December 04, 2009, 10:44:28 PM
So they are getting shipped to us straight from BC?...That's awesome..less travel on the little girl.

The way I understand it, FIV guitars going to people in Canada will be shipped directly from Larrivee in Vancouver, unless the buyer wants Jim to install a bone saddle.  In that case, the guitar would be shipped to Trinity Guitars, then back to Canada, passing through Canadian customs along the way.
Montreal
Larrivee OM-03R SH, O-01, OO-03MT FIV
National Style O, National Polychrome Tricone
Gibson B25-12, Brunner OG Basic and a few others

Forum IV Specifications

Wood:Top backs and sides South American Mahogany.

Old style OO Larrivee body (these are not slot heads)

Forum 00-03 mahogany top

Lower Bout: 14.25"
Upper Bout: 10.25"
Waist: 8.25"
Depth: 4.25"
Scale Length: 25.5"
Nut Width: 1 & 3/4""

I think the above specs. are right and the ones given to us which are below are for a parlor, sorry I didn't catch it earlier.  Danny

Upper bout 9.125"                           

Waist     7.875 "

Lower bout  13.125 inches

Depth 4 inches

nut width 1 3/4

Scale length 25.5

silver headstock border

Larrivee inlayed in pearl on headstock

12 fret neck to body

Ebony FB with micro dot markers

Pickguard to be included but not attached tortoise color

Mahogany top, body and neck

Herringbone rosette

(These are from Larrivee)

CONTACT TRINITY GUITARS TO ORDER THE FORUM IV

Include Name, Address billing and shipping, Phone number and Forum name. Please call or email to make arrangements for deposit. You will officially have a guitar on order once the deposit is complete.

Thank you
Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars
800 West Third St
Jamestown, NY 14701
716-665-4490
www.trinityguitars.com
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

Has it been confirmed 1 piece neck. Mini ping tuners and archtop case :?
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on December 05, 2009, 09:40:10 AM
Has it been confirmed 1 piece neck. Mini ping tuners and archtop case :?
If it had then they would be posted here. This is what they gave us so far. I sent a reply asking for a few more details , knowing that there would be more questions.
                When I get the answers I will post them.

Quote from: dependan on December 05, 2009, 09:43:42 AM
  If it had then they would be posted here. This is what they gave us so far. I sent a reply asking for a few more details , knowing that there would be more questions.
                When I get the answers I will post them.

Thanks Danny what other Specs do you see as being still outstanding?

Jim just e-mailed me and said to expect the flat top case, but Larrivee may surprise us.
     The three piece neck isn't known, but if it's a big issue for someone then maybe they should not order the F-IV.
      Jim said it would be made in Canada.

As far as tuners I would expect Pings, probably mini's. But again we may never know which ones until we receive the guitar.

I'll re-post the specs. with these notes later.

Quote from: jwsamuel on December 05, 2009, 10:33:16 AM
Regarding the specs:

Is there no binding?

Jim
There will be binding (of course) This is a 03 series Larrivee guitar, unless the specs. are listed as different then we can expect that it will be built to 03 current standards.
                Jim will post a picture of the 00-03 as well when he receives one. Which is what the F-IV is based on.