F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: dependan on December 01, 2009, 03:55:18 PM
 Be assured that Jim Holler is well aware of this issue as well as others. I don't want a tortoise PG myself but we have to wait on Jim to receive word from Larrivee on the specs. for us and then we can post what it actually will be.
             (Just because we vote and say we want something, won't make it so.)

True but for some of us the tortoise PG is a big deal.   Big enough to keep me from ordering one.  

Anyway, someone PM me the price please.  I'm probably going to pass on this one and wait for the F-V, as I've never played a hog top I liked (all Martins) and never even seen a Larry hog top in the flesh, so I'd be buying blind, even though i really like small guitars.

Quote from: AZLiberty on December 01, 2009, 06:55:16 PM
True but for some of us the tortoise PG is a big deal.   Big enough to keep me from ordering one. 

Anyway, someone PM me the price please.  I'm probably going to pass on this one and wait for the F-V, as I've never played a hog top I liked (all Martins) and never even seen a Larry hog top in the flesh, so I'd be buying blind, even though i really like small guitars.
Which way do you want it. With or without the Pick guard?

Quote from: prof_stack on December 01, 2009, 06:50:04 PM
I'm hoping there is NO pickguard.  Or, one is in the case should we opt to not have it installed.  My guitar thrashing days are behind me (if they ever really were!   :roll)

Set up for medium strings?  Hmm, that'll move that mahogany top!

You know, I really want to get the final specs from Larrivee before I plunk down a deposit.
did you see this:

http://www.guitaradoptions.com/larrivee-00-03-mahogany-acoustic-guitar.html

I'm pretty sure these are the final specs...with a mahogany top obviously...

If they install a pickguard, I'll just take it off. 

Quote from: dependan on December 01, 2009, 07:00:13 PM
No Danny. All he wants is the pickguard. He doesnt like hogtop guitars.
He can have my pickguard for free, because I don't want it.
:humour:

Quote from: Denis on December 01, 2009, 07:34:01 PM
did you see this:
http://www.guitaradoptions.com/larrivee-00-03-mahogany-acoustic-guitar.html
I'm pretty sure these are the final specs...with a mahogany top obviously...
If they install a pickguard, I'll just take it off. 
Yeah, I did see the specs above and on the GA site before posting above. 

Still, this being OUR custom order, I'm sure we can specify NO pickguard beforehand.  Or Jim can install (or de-install) perhaps.

You might be pretty sure about the specs, but we really need to see them in print here.  Or Jim or Larrivee telling us that, indeed, the GA specs are the same as ours, with MT. 

Again, thanks Danny for your work on this run of guitars.
Play it daily for best results.

On one of the previous Forum guitars (III?), weren't both pickguards simply included in the case, and you could put them on (or have Jim do it) if you wanted one?

I'm leaning more toward no pickguard as well, since I don't pound the tops of my guitars when I strum.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on December 01, 2009, 08:31:52 PM
On one of the previous Forum guitars (III?), weren't both pickguards simply included in the case, and you could put them on (or have Jim do it) if you wanted one?

I'm leaning more toward no pickguard as well, since I don't pound the tops of my guitars when I strum.

the forum III came with tortis and clear pickguards in the case.  Well, no clear one for me. When they were casing it I told them I didn't need it so didn't include it.

so it would look something like this?

a bit of laptop p'shp from the 00-03 Dave's site... i can do better tomorow when i'm at work ;-)

d.

Quote from: dermot on December 01, 2009, 09:44:10 PM
a bit of laptop p'shp from the 00-03 Dave's site... i can do better tomorow when i'm at work ;-)

Uh oh.....somebody is gonna be mad seeing that pickguard on there.....
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Quote from: Dotneck on December 01, 2009, 10:16:53 PM
Uh oh.....somebody is gonna be mad seeing that pickguard on there.....

it comes off in seconds in real life... takes a bit longer in photoshop on a laptop... tomorrow i'll remove the pg.....

Do you ever wonder if Dave at GA minds we use his photos for referencing what Jim at Trinity is going to broker for us?  Inquiring minds want to know.   :whistling:

Nice touch on the Photoshop, dermot!  Without the pickguard it will be about perfect.

Quote from: dependan on December 01, 2009, 07:00:13 PM

IHMO the new Martin Style pickguard is ugly as sin, and the smaller the guitar body the worse it looks.  Both my OM-03R and D-03R-12 have the old clear pickguard.  My preference would be no PG, followed by clear PG.

And yeah, I know the opaque ones can be heated and pulled off if you are careful about it, and on a new guitar it probably won't have seen enough light to cause a discoloration once removed.

Queequeg, I didn't say I don't like hot top guitars.  I said the only ones I have ever played were the Martin 15 series, and I don't like those.

They will not come with the pickguard installed if Jim asks them to just put it in the case.  If by some unlikely chance it was delivered to Jim with it installed, he can remove it in a couple minutes and there will be no sign that it was ever there.  There's no reason to not buy the guitar or buy the guitar because of a pickguard.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

I can't see it being a problem for Larrivee to leave the PG off if we ask,I'm a bit amazed really that we can get a price for the guitar without the specs at the same time,there are only a couple of details I need to know before I'm in,leaving the PG off will also save Jim a load of time removing those PGs that some don't want,I would think it's easier to fit a PG than to remove one.

I think I need some  :coffee

Specs!   -  We need specs!   :wink:  All Danny needs is coffee...    :coffee

Quote from: prof_stack on December 02, 2009, 08:50:31 AM
Specs!   -  We need specs!   :wink:  All Danny needs is coffee...    :coffee
Would you call Jim Holler please.
                                                                    Thank you

My God! That's George Burns, isn't it?
The jewelry is nice, but I wish he'd put his teeth back in.