Pages: 1 ... 22 [23] 24 ... 96   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars  (Read 326633 times)
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: November 30, 2009, 01:37:18 AM »

Yep. a BIG donut for Danny on this one.....

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: November 30, 2009, 02:59:34 AM »

Yep. a BIG donut for Danny on this one.....

Thanks everybody,  But I think I'll need the whole forum to help eat this donut. ohmy

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
kwakatak
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: November 30, 2009, 03:03:14 AM »

(oh and there is a F-V in the works... but it's not smaller. don't tell anybody though) whistling

Ooooh! "not smaller" you say? I'm intrigued. Is it a secret? If so, could ya PM me so I can start saving up?  whistling

Neil

2009 Martin D-16GT

2006 Larrivée OM-03R

1998 Fender American Standard Stratocaster, Ash Body, Natural finish

1989 Kramer 610

1973 Takamine F-360 ("Martin Lawsuit" all-laminate D-28 clone)
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: November 30, 2009, 03:06:55 AM »

Ooooh! "not smaller" you say? I'm intrigued. Is it a secret? If so, could ya PM me so I can start saving up?  whistling
  Well that one is not mine to reveal, but it is a very sweet and special Larrivee, if it makes it through the planning stages. (also a lot of $)

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: November 30, 2009, 03:14:30 AM »

I, too, was hoping to be surprised by a pyramid bridge on these, but I'll be happy with the specs we know now (and whatever surprises come along!).

The 00-05 series did not have a pyramid bridge or the 00-09.
                       So a 00-03 would be very unlikely to have one.
This was my 00-09FM, no pyramid bridge, behind it is a F-III for size reference.

Here is a picture of a 00-05 that Tad used to own. It is glossed and has an abalone rosette.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: November 30, 2009, 03:29:54 AM »

But this is the ultimate of the 00 ''paddleheads" that I have seen, it is Randy's 00-10BZ.
                            http://randyrick.us/guitars/LarriveeOO10bz.htm

JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #446 on: November 30, 2009, 03:42:47 AM »

But this is the ultimate of the 00 ''paddleheads" that I have seen, it is Randy's 00-10BZ.
                            http://randyrick.us/guitars/LarriveeOO10bz.htm

Yeah but Randy's isn't all hog like ours      

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
kwakatak
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: November 30, 2009, 03:55:11 AM »

Well that one is not mine to reveal, but it is a very sweet and special Larrivee, if it makes it through the planning stages. (also a lot of $)

Tease! 

So I take it that this next one will not be decided by consensus then? Looks like I may never get a forum guitar at this rate then. Nothing has jumped out at me, though there's that used F1 on the FS section. Somebody else needs to jump on that though.  whistling

Neil

2009 Martin D-16GT

2006 Larrivée OM-03R

1989 Kramer 610

eded
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: November 30, 2009, 04:32:25 AM »

Tease! 

So I take it that this next one will not be decided by consensus then? Looks like I may never get a forum guitar at this rate then. Nothing has jumped out at me, though there's that used F1 on the FS section. Somebody else needs to jump on that though.  whistling

Man, that F-I 12 fret OM in mahogany/spruce is a real temptation.  It would go right along with my orig. issue parlor, and the 12 fret mahogany/spruce 00-03 that should be done any time now.  So many guitars, so little money.  Now if I could just get someone to ship me some skills to go along with the guitars I have... 

Ed
tadol
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: November 30, 2009, 04:41:35 AM »

Relax about any kind of Forum 5 - its gonna be a long while to get things together, and it will probably not even be a Forum specific guitar, since the concensus part of the process is the trickiest, and gets alot harder on more expensive builds. Once some basic design concepts are approved as "possible", then I will let people know what I am trying to do. There will be plenty of time for input then -  IF they say they are willing to try it -

But, it won't be designed to be as cheap as possible, and it will probably be of limited appeal - but I hope it will be extremely appealing for those few -

I'm assuming I won't know much about it until after the first of the year - and that may be wishful thinking at its best.

In the meantime, it seems that coordinating an order for 4 or so guitars may be all it takes to get something special built - They've done, OMs, and LSs, and now 00s, all in -03 series, and all emphasizing mahogany, and all 12 fret.  

What would your Forum 5 be ??????   drool

Tad

Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #450 on: November 30, 2009, 04:49:45 AM »

Tad

You are not helping me gain control of my GAS!!!!!!!!!!!! Lookin at a fair bit of bling for Forum V with some bells and whisles OMG just ordered the Forum IV and now ya got me thinkin about what I'd want on V. This Forum and these guitars are as bad as any drug   

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
kwakatak
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: November 30, 2009, 06:26:08 AM »

Aw heck, I can't begin to think of what I'd want in the next forum guitar - mainly because it'd cheapen the Forum IV for some and start an unhealthy debate. Let's let this one play out and let those who are in enjoy. I promise I won't be jealous!

Sorry for the hijack. Any further observations I have about "special" models should probably go in another thread.

Neil

2009 Martin D-16GT

2006 Larrivée OM-03R

1989 Kramer 610

tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #452 on: November 30, 2009, 08:09:14 AM »

Relax about any kind of Forum 5 - its gonna be a long while to get things together, and it will probably not even be a Forum specific guitar, since the concensus part of the process is the trickiest, and gets alot harder on more expensive builds. Once some basic design concepts are approved as "possible", then I will let people know what I am trying to do. There will be plenty of time for input then -  IF they say they are willing to try it -

But, it won't be designed to be as cheap as possible, and it will probably be of limited appeal - but I hope it will be extremely appealing for those few -

I'm assuming I won't know much about it until after the first of the year - and that may be wishful thinking at its best.

In the meantime, it seems that coordinating an order for 4 or so guitars may be all it takes to get something special built - They've done, OMs, and LSs, and now 00s, all in -03 series, and all emphasizing mahogany, and all 12 fret.  

What would your Forum 5 be ??????   drool

Tad

Tad
Should we assume, for the sake of argument, that a future Forum V will be some existing (or past) model with some specific design or trim details that are not normally found on current models. ?  I'm sure they won't come up with a new shape or a departure from their tried and true bracing system.   Having said that, I'd like to see a Forum V that took the form of something like the Santa Cruz H13.    A deep bodied 13 fret design with traditional styling including a slotted headstock, pyramid bridge, herringbone trim and a nice sunburst would be nice too. 
We're just dreaming here anyway aren't we ?
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: November 30, 2009, 01:24:45 PM »

Tad
Should we assume, for the sake of argument, that a future Forum V will be some existing (or past) model with some specific design or trim details that are not normally found on current models. ?  I'm sure they won't come up with a new shape or a departure from their tried and true bracing system.   Having said that, I'd like to see a Forum V that took the form of something like the Santa Cruz H13.    A deep bodied 13 fret design with traditional styling including a slotted headstock, pyramid bridge, herringbone trim and a nice sunburst would be nice too.  
We're just dreaming here anyway aren't we ?
                      That would be my dream as well, but that's not Tad's.

Aw heck, I can't begin to think of what I'd want in the next forum guitar - mainly because it'd cheapen the Forum IV for some and start an unhealthy debate. Let's let this one play out and let those who are in enjoy. I promise I won't be jealous!

Sorry for the hijack. Any further observations I have about "special" models should probably go in another thread.
        I don't think a discussion about a Forum V has to be unhealthy debate. And I do appreciate your regard and concern for others and this thread. That is a "healthy" way to begin a consensus.
         We had a lot of discussion on a possible F-IV through 2009. I think I may have started one thread and one or two others were started. Many ideas were posted, but a small bodied F-IV was the main emphasis, though more like what TtP was wanting. ie H-13 style.
          Still in the end of 2009 we did wind up with a small bodied F-IV. Not as nice as an H-13 styled 00-72 ? would be.  But a country cousin that should sing like a bird and not break the bank. So let the discussion continue.
          If it get's thick enough, then another thread could be started.
If we ever did an H-13 style F-V or VI etc. I would be tempted to sell some gear and a few guitars to get in on that deal.

JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #454 on: November 30, 2009, 03:58:57 PM »

Rumour in Nova Scotia is that the Forum V will be special order Archtop or Semi-hollow  bowdown

Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: November 30, 2009, 04:00:47 PM »

Rumour in Nova Scotia is that the Forum V will be special order Archtop or Semi-hollow  bowdown

How does a rumor (rumour) get started way the heck up there?!?! It takes several people to start a rumor... 

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #456 on: November 30, 2009, 09:42:50 PM »

Its true I heard it in the shower!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank_S

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: November 30, 2009, 10:41:28 PM »

Well I just couldn't resist any longer so I put down my deposit for a LEFTY forum IV. I believe I'm the first lefty on the list. 

All Lefties.
Larrivée L-03-
Larrivée L-03R-
Larrivée 00-03MT Forum IV-#7
Gibson J45
Martin HD-28
Martin CEO-7
Fingers

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: November 30, 2009, 11:20:53 PM »

Hi Danny,

Could you pm me the price.  Thanks
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #459 on: November 30, 2009, 11:35:43 PM »

Well I just couldn't resist any longer so I put down my deposit for a LEFTY forum IV. I believe I'm the first lefty on the list. 

congratulations, but I think Mikeymac has already committed and he would be the first lefty to jump on board.   
Pages: 1 ... 22 [23] 24 ... 96   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: