F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My thanks to Danny who, as has been acknowledged by many, by all rights deserved numero uno, selflessly offered it up to me.
A measure of the man he is.

Could someone please IM me the price. I don't know if I can swing it but I am very interested. Thanks!

Tim

Oh my 23 pages. I have some reading to do. Was working hard with Larrivee on this one so I was not on the forum for a few days. We have enough orders so this one is real. I will be back manning the phone and answering emails tomorrow for anyone who has questions.
Jim Holler
Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com

Quote from: BenF on November 29, 2009, 11:08:46 AM
Cool, I was aware that ordering chaos made it a bit of a free for all last time for numbers. I might've got number 4 if it wasn't for getting repeatedly cut off from Jim on the phone. my phone bill wasn't pretty after so many attempts to connect overseas, lol!
Ben  Was this last week? I jhave had massive issues with the phone company but I was thinking it was all fixed. Sorry
Jim Holler, Luthier

www.TrinityGuitars.com

Quote from: Randy_R on November 28, 2009, 12:21:21 PM
With the Forum III a few people placing orders did not want it publicly known, ie posted on the forum. So the posted Forum list was never 100% accurate.

Hence, Jim Holler will keep the ONLY official list. Jim will email us once a week with the total number of confirmed orders to-date (deposits received). This will be a NUMBER only, not a list of names.

So if you want to state here you've ordered one, thats great. If you don't, thats your business and ok too.

Although it hasn't been stated, I presume that Jim Holler would be willing to perform additional (paid-for) luthery and accessory add-ons like pickups, and so on.

I'll note that a silver border on the headstock is very unusual for a -03 series instrument, and neither the Forum I/II nor Forum II had a headstock border.

For the record, I'm still sitting on the edge concenring ordering one for myself, as I have a nice 00 already and am trying to reduce the size of my collection. But I do prefer a 00 over a parlor for most playing and would like a mahogany 00.

Thanks Randy This will help out allot. I almost went out of my mind compairing lists last time. Yes if you have specific changes I can help you with let me know.
Jim Holler, Luthier

www.TrinityGuitars.com

Quote from: BenF on November 29, 2009, 11:08:46 AM
Cool, I was aware that ordering chaos made it a bit of a free for all last time for numbers. I might've got number 4 if it wasn't for getting repeatedly cut off from Jim on the phone. my phone bill wasn't pretty after so many attempts to connect overseas, lol!

Quote from: Trinity Guitars on November 29, 2009, 01:41:35 PM
  Ben  Was this last week? I jhave had massive issues with the phone company but I was thinking it was all fixed. Sorry

Jim that post of Ben's is regarding the F-III not this order. We were just talking about numbering in general.  Ben is not ordering the F-IV (at this point in time anyway).

Quote from: dependan on November 28, 2009, 07:21:52 AM
              Order closing will be December 15th (unless extended)

NEWBIES can't recieve PM's so give an e-mail if you want the price or contact JIM HOLLER

DEPOSITS of 25% must be made to be on Jim's order list, which is the important one (not ours)

Jim Holler, Luthier
                                Trinity Guitars
                                2089 Camp St.
                                Jamestown, NY 14701
                                   716-665-4490                                                                                                                         
   jimholler@trinityguitars.com      or           www.trinityguitars.com

(e-mail me dependan@gmail.com if all you need is a price)
I thought it would be good to put up Jim Holler's contact information again. Also remember it is important to make a DEPOSIT with Trinity Guitars or else you are not on any "order list". I have some names of interested members and will compile a list and send it to Trinity Guitars to aid them in this process. But YOU must contact Trinity to place the order.
             As Jim posted above we have enough already for this to go through. So it is real and now we just see how many will get ordered. :thumbsup

Sitting here fighting hard against the urge to jump on board.

Have read through most of the posts in the thread. Had a thought.

Not sure what type of tuners Larrivee has factored into the price quoted, but I thought it might be a good idea to see whether they could use the standard sized Pings (with the 'angled' screwhole) in the FIV (cf the Ping mini's used in the FIII). That way the Gotoh 510s that many are fond of (in both 18:1 and 21:1 ratios), with their multitude of various colours, button styles and types, will be an optional upgrade for personalising what is shaping up to be a very nice looking/sounding guit.

Just something to mull over.
"Faith"    2009 Larrivee FIII LSV-03HB (IS/Hog)

Quote from: Trinity Guitars on November 29, 2009, 01:41:35 PM

Sorry to confuse Jim, I was taling about last time.  Unfortunately not on board with the F-IV run.  And no need to apologise, the fault was with my phone line the last time, not yours.  I was merely commenting on the numbering arrangement last time.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Quote from: jshowyin on November 29, 2009, 03:16:05 PM
Sitting here fighting hard against the urge to jump on board.

Have read through most of the posts in the thread. Had a thought.

Not sure what type of tuners Larrivee has factored into the price quoted, but I thought it might be a good idea to see whether they could use the standard sized Pings (with the 'angled' screwhole) in the FIV (cf the Ping mini's used in the FIII). That way the Gotoh 510s that many are fond of (in both 18:1 and 21:1 ratios), with their multitude of various colours, button styles and types, will be an optional upgrade for personalising what is shaping up to be a very nice looking/sounding guit.

Just something to mull over.
Until something changes, "One Guitar-No Options". And nothing may change.

So your saying -  unless something changes, nothings gonna change -

Danny - I love the way you can get right to the heart of the matter - Works for me!   :thumb

Tad
Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -

Quote from: dependan on November 29, 2009, 03:39:03 PM

As many times as you say that there will still be someone asking about something.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Hey folks...

I'm think I'm going to sit this one out as well.  My Forum III is the all mahogany version and its just such an amazing guitar, that I can't see the need to buy another small bodied, all mahogany guitar.  I think I would have been quite tempted if the Forum IV was a slot head.  The OO and slot head combo would have been enough of a difference to really tempt me.  For now, I will sit back and enjoy the show from the peanut gallery.  

Enjoy.

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst

oh man . . . someone please PM a price quote for this little beauty before I come to my senses.  You folks are incorrigible!
". . . if I only had a brain . . ."

Quote from: dependan on November 29, 2009, 03:39:03 PM

OK, OK, OK. I get it now.

As a couple of people got caught out pre-buying the wrong types of tuners on the FIII I thought I would chime in. Probably should have written my post differently and just asked what type of tuners were on the 'one guitar, no options' guitar. Sorry, no more dumb questions from me.  :smile:
"Faith"    2009 Larrivee FIII LSV-03HB (IS/Hog)

Quote from: jshowyin on November 29, 2009, 05:46:44 PM

As a couple of people got caught out pre-buying the wrong types of tuners on the FIII I thought I would chime in. Probably should have written my post differently and just asked what type of tuners were on the 'one guitar, no options' guitar. Sorry, no more dumb questions from me.  :smile:
There is no need to apologize. I make my answers very short and to the point sometimes due to volume of responses.
              Only Jim Holler can actually negotiate changes to this guitar. I have asked him about the slot head option and I know a few dozen others have e-mailed him or talked to him about options.
              It just get's crazy in the end. I don't know how we actually made it through the Forum III ordering process. So many opinions and actual options were offered to us that it was a whirlwind of activity both here on the forum and at Trinity Guitars.
              This whole deal started as a simple 00-03MT.
    And I think we are getting a special guitar at a great price.
           We can change tuners or PG's etc. on our own.

(Actually Jim can do modifications at Trinity if you want)

Quote from: jshowyin on November 29, 2009, 05:46:44 PM

As a couple of people got caught out pre-buying the wrong types of tuners on the FIII I thought I would chime in. Probably should have written my post differently and just asked what type of tuners were on the 'one guitar, no options' guitar. Sorry, no more dumb questions from me.  :smile:
I didn't even answer your question :blush:
                            We don't know which tuners actually. Complete specs. have not come in yet.
                             (If I had to guess, Ping mini's)

Quote from: jbrummer on November 29, 2009, 05:37:21 PM
oh man . . . someone please PM a price quote for this little beauty before I come to my senses.  You folks are incorrigible!

PM sent
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: dependan on November 29, 2009, 06:11:45 PM
   Only Jim Holler can actually negotiate changes to this guitar. I have asked him about the slot head option and I know a few dozen others have e-mailed him or talked to him about options.
              It just get's crazy in the end. I don't know how we actually made it through the Forum III ordering process. So many opinions and actual options were offered to us that it was a whirlwind of activity both here on the forum and at Trinity Guitars.
              This whole deal started as a simple 00-03MT.
    And I think we are getting a special guitar at a great price.
           We can change tuners or PG's etc. on our own.
I agree, it's a special guitar at a great price.  I especially like the herringbone soundhole rosette.

The only option that might appeal to me would be a pyramid bridge.  However, the "one guitar, no options" is just fine with me.

Thanks to Danny and Jim for making this happen.
Montreal
Larrivee OM-03R SH, O-01, OO-03MT FIV
National Style O, National Polychrome Tricone
Gibson B25-12, Brunner OG Basic and a few others

Quote from: bobsnob on November 29, 2009, 06:47:47 PM
I agree, it's a special guitar at a great price.  I especially like the herringbone soundhole rosette.

The only option that might appeal to me would be a pyramid bridge.  However, the "one guitar, no options" is just fine with me.

Thanks to Danny and Jim for making this happen.

I, too, was hoping to be surprised by a pyramid bridge on these, but I'll be happy with the specs we know now (and whatever surprises come along!).

And a BIG +1 to thanking Danny for arranging this and helping me spend my money - hey, I can't think of anything else I'd rather spend it on!!!
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992