F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Dotneck on November 28, 2009, 02:54:30 PM
I think the economy is better now than it was a year ago....

YMMV
Not for me sir.... And it don't appear to be getting any better. Joblessness is double what it was and my home is losing value every day. I had one service call all week long.
Quote from: Mikeymac on November 28, 2009, 02:58:56 PM
BTW, I'm glad to see the herringbone soundhole rosette on these - it will look great against the mahogany.  Will these get a tortoise guard, or will it be in the case (and can we have Jim install if we want)? 

Sorry, just more questions...always more questions!!!
Remains to be seen, but if they put one of those ugly ones on mine it's coming off as soon as I get it! I want clear or nothing, it's my guitar and I'll scratch it up all I want to.

Wait - herringbone rosette? Man, if they'd only had that with the original Forum OM-03MT's. Now I can afford one but don't want a 00. Darn - still not "in" but I'm still wishing you all good fortune with this run.
Neil K

2013 DIY Medium Jumbo (western red cedar/S. American Mahogany)
2013 McKnight Ukulele
2009 Martin D-16GT
2006 Larrivée OM-03R
1998 Fender American Standard Stratocaster, Ash Body, Natural finish
1989 Kramer Striker 610

I have never played an 00 size guitar, so I am wondering is it best used for fingerstyle?  Do those of you who own one use it for strumming?  I am undecided if I can afford a Forum IV, or if I really need it.  I would appreciate if someone could fill me in.
Clifford
Clifford

Larrivee L-09 Custom Moonspruce
Eastman E20SS
JWalker "Wise River"
McPherson Sable
Fender Telecaster American ProII
Furch G23SR Cutaway Sitka / Rosewood
PRS Santana Abraxas

Quote from: Southern Cross on November 28, 2009, 08:16:57 PM
I have never played an 00 size guitar, so I am wondering is it best used for fingerstyle?  Do those of you who own one use it for strumming?  I am undecided if I can afford a Forum IV, or if I really need it.  I would appreciate if someone could fill me in.
Clifford

I own two 00-50 and find they're best for fingerpicking were as strumming can overdrive the tops.  I suspect, though I could be wrong, that with a hog top 00 this would be even more so.   

gtrplayer

I agree about finger style being best for the 00 size. Though I enjoyed strumming the 00-09FM that I use to have. But it has it's limits like has been stated. They are really great living room guitars or something small enough for an airplane overhead bin etc.
    The size is the same as a GIbson L body. ie LG-1, 2 or 3. And very easy on shoulders that have trouble with dreadnoughts.
                Plus they just look cool.

Funny how things turn out sometimes.   :smile:    When talk of the Forum III began to heat up last year I was convinced that a 00-03 was the only guitar that would entice me.   When it turned out that the LS-03 would be the one the forum picked I jumped on the bandwagon anyway.  By then I was pretty well sucked into the frenzy.  :laughin: 

If I hadn't ordered the F III I would certainly be one of the first to sign up for this Forum IV.  They will be real special little guitars.   But I've become so attached to that F III that I couldn't imagine letting it go.   And really, it makes not sense to have 3 small body hogtops and I ain't gettin' rid of the 000-50MT either.

But I sure as heck envy those of you who are getting in on this project.   Having been through the forum guitar thing last year I can say that it was one of the highlights of my year;  an unforgettable year where I made a lot of new friends, traveled to a lovely city and picked up a very special guitar.   I'll be watching this play out from the sidelines but I am eager like the rest of you to see how the whole story unfolds.  The only thing missing this time around is Ricky's constant updates and energy but that's being supplied quite efficiently by Danny.

And since Mikeymac and others may be getting lefties there's always a chance that I might find one for sale at a time when I could justify buying it.

I wonder what form a Forum V might take at some point. The trend has been smaller and smaller.  next step would be parlor I guess.

Lynn, I'm not sure if you remember but my first choice was a 00. But Tad suggested LS and we went that way. Which certainly was right last year. And now this whole deal of trying to order four 00's turning into the 00 Forum Four is just perfect timing for me.
  I enjoy my F-III very much. I began a new tune on it today (my own) my wife came by where I was playing and said ''That sure sounds nice" I thought so too, but it was good to hear a little confirmation. I think it's way past time for me to find a Zoom recorder and share some of my finger style with y'all. No training, just me and my guitar and a few words now and then.
                And no excuses.

(oh and there is a F-V in the works... but it's not smaller. don't tell anybody though) :whistling:

I too will have to sit on the sidelines this time around.  I have the greatest guitar in my forum III hogtop and can attest to its magic.  I also have a 00-09 from 1994 that is quite the cannon.  I love them both.  The people who get in on this deal are getting something really sweet and will not be disappointed.  Do not hesitate if you are on the fence.

mary
:blush:

Quote from: dependan on November 29, 2009, 01:37:29 AM
(oh and there is a F-V in the works... but it's not smaller. don't tell anybody though) :whistling:

So F VI might be a uke?   :humour:

Yes Danny, it's definitely time to invest in a Zoom recorder so you can put some tunes up on this board. Folks, having witnessed his playing/singing to his wife in Vancouver, this guy is quite talented.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Hi Danny,
I am interested in this F-IV 00-03MT.
Thanks for the price email.
I am waiting email from Jim now for delivery cost to Black Forest Germany.

Just one question: Will this F-IV have 4 dots at 12 frets like other forum guitar tradition?

regards,
Peter

Quote from: eded on November 29, 2009, 06:58:21 AM
So F VI might be a uke?   :humour:

Maybe archtop, or semi hollow I know I'd luv to be a Guinee Pig  :wave
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: pehabe on November 29, 2009, 10:20:17 AM
Hi Danny,
I am interested in this F-IV 00-03MT.
Thanks for the price email.
I am waiting email from Jim now for delivery cost to Black Forest Germany.

Just one question: Will this F-IV have 4 dots at 12 frets like other forum guitar tradition?

regards,
Peter
The specifications are given "to" us from Larrivee. We only got to give one "to" them.
                   Which is all mahogany 00-03MT. They are not allowing any other options.

So the neck will have the standard micro-dots.

(We will get a Forum IV label inside the guitar)

Speaking of labels can I suggest that everyone agrees that Danny should get #1 to go with his forum III. I think it is more than deserved given the efforts he has made.

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Quote from: BenF on November 29, 2009, 10:55:34 AM
Speaking of labels can I suggest that everyone agrees that Danny should get #1 to go with his forum III. I think it is more than deserved given the efforts he has made.

Agreed
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: lyric_girl on November 29, 2009, 10:59:27 AM
Agreed

Thought #1 to Danny was an already done deal. Congrats and thanks again Danny
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: BenF on November 29, 2009, 10:55:34 AM

Thanks Ben, but I chose #2. Now I will have a Forum #1 & #2.   I asked Q to take #1 this time. And he was happy to accept. It's already done.
                         I appreciate the thoughts expressed here though, Thanks to everyone who has posted a little encouraging word towards me. I needed it  :blush:

Cool, I was aware that ordering chaos made it a bit of a free for all last time for numbers. I might've got number 4 if it wasn't for getting repeatedly cut off from Jim on the phone. my phone bill wasn't pretty after so many attempts to connect overseas, lol!
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Quote from: BenF on November 29, 2009, 11:08:46 AM
Cool, I was aware that ordering chaos made it a bit of a free for all last time for numbers. I might've got number 4 if it wasn't for getting repeatedly cut off from Jim on the phone. my phone bill wasn't pretty after so many attempts to connect overseas, lol!
Just some trivia for you, 5 is the number for ''responsibility''. I thought about asking for that one. If I would have got it though, I wouldn't have made this post.
                 I thought TtP getting #3, you got 5, Tad got 17 etc. was all pretty cool in the F-III order. And one more trivia bit "ricky" gave me #1 on the F-III and he took the last number 78.
                 (Jeff had 77 but he is a traitor and sold his :tongue:)