F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Frank_S on November 28, 2009, 12:33:46 PM
Since I have no idea what Larrivee 00 specs are., can you verify whether these are correct?

14.25" lower bout ?
10.25" upper bout ?
8.25" waist ?
4.25" body depth ?
Sounds mighty close to me. I think Randy posted them in the earlier pages. But that sure does ring a bell.

Quote from: Randy_R on November 28, 2009, 12:21:21 PM

For the record, I'm still sitting on the edge concenring ordering one for myself, as I have a nice 00 already and am trying to reduce the size of my collection. But I do prefer a 00 over a parlor for most playing and would like a mahogany 00.

if it makes your decision any easier Randy, I can guarantee a buyer in around 12 months time.  If I thought I could sell anything in time to fund this I wouldn't hesitate. It is killing me that my absolute dream spec larrivee is being ordered during my life's worst spell of financing.

I can say that pretty categorically, that I will be looking for a second hand one the minute I can aford it.
:crying: (almost literally)
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

From Randy's site.

OO-body
· Lower Bout: 14"
· Upper Bout: 10"
· Waist: 8.25"
· Depth: 4"
· Scale Length: 25.5", 12fret to body
· Nut Width: 1 & 3/4"" (44.3mm or 1.75")
. Length 19-1/8"

[attachment deleted by admin]
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Just a FYI, I will make a list from this thread and personal e-mails and PM's to give to Jim. We hope that everyone who wants to can have the opportunity to buy this little guitar. (which will be very rare the day it is made)

I've looked and looked for the 00 size MT in many places and they are scarce no matter who makes them. And I have yet to see a Larrivee 00 MT in person. I guess my own will be the first. I have put my deposit down with Jim.

Please understand that Jim Holler really went to bat for us on this one.

:+1: Thanks Jim

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on November 28, 2009, 01:29:03 PM
From Randy's site.

OO-body
. Length 19-1/8"
Roger, thanks for that. I believe with all posted Larrivee specs. from the past, in actuality they have grown just a bit. My 00 was a bit larger as well as other Larrivees I have owned. Even my F-III is slightly larger than specs.
               I went to a dealer and measured some and noticed they tend to be slightly over in the body specs. Which is a good deal in a 00 if you think about it.

OK I'm excited now!!!

:guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar

COOL deal 00-03MT just like Denis requested so long ago :winkin:

Thanks danny, your last 3 posts just completed my perfect day.

:-(
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

Quote from: BenF on November 28, 2009, 01:41:30 PM
Thanks danny, your last 3 posts just completed my perfect day.

:-(
Ahhh Ben, I'm sorry man. You know somebody will get one that really doesn't need it though and it will come up for sale.
               Besides you have two very nice Larrivees, I know, cause I've heard you play them both.

What happened to the sticky order list?
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on November 28, 2009, 01:29:03 PM
From Randy's site.

OO-body
. Length 19-1/8"

This 00-50 appears to have different body specs.
http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140088
All Lefties.
Larrivée L-03-
Larrivée L-03R-
Larrivée 00-03MT Forum IV-#7
Gibson J45
Martin HD-28
Martin CEO-7

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on November 28, 2009, 01:44:42 PM
What happened to the sticky order list?
It was not what we needed. It will be done by Jim Holler. He will let us know how many have been ordered and he will put the Forum numbers beside each order. It just keeps things simpler. There was some confusion last time. And we all can do without that.

We are all learning as we go here.

Quote from: dependan on November 28, 2009, 01:51:23 PM
 It was not what we needed. It will be done by Jim Holler. He will let us know how many have been ordered and he will put the Forum numbers beside each order. It just keeps things simpler. There was some confusion last time. And we all can do without that.

We are all learning as we go here.

At least Jim has to deal with one model this time and not 12 different versions like the FIII.  Everybody's getting the same guitar.  No cutaways, no rosewood/IS, mahogany/IS, HB purfling..etc etc etc

Can someone please send me the price for the F-IV. I,m interested!
my email is roystkd at hotmail.com
Thanks!

:donut :donut :donut :coffee :donut2 :donut2 :coffee :donut2

Quote from: dependan on November 28, 2009, 01:44:25 PM
  Ahhh Ben, I'm sorry man. You know somebody will get one that really doesn't need it though and it will come up for sale.
               Besides you have two very nice Larrivees, I know, cause I've heard you play them both.

:+1:, my childlike strop is over, there are more important things in life.  Maybe by the time I learn to play properly, one will come up used.

Thanks Danny.  :cheers
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

Quote from: Denis on November 28, 2009, 02:02:53 PM
At least Jim has to deal with one model this time and not 12 different versions like the FIII.  Everybody's getting the same guitar.  No cutaways, no rosewood/IS, mahogany/IS, HB purfling..etc etc etc

Well, mine will be different - it will be a lefty!  :humour:

I'M IN...my deposit just went into the (snail) mail to Jim Holler!  :nanadance :nana_guitar

The only thing that will keep me from losing my mind waiting for this is that I also just ordered an RS-4, and that should be here before Christmas...I suspect these will take till mid-February or early March?  How long did the (various) FIII guitars take to build?  :drool:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on November 28, 2009, 02:14:03 PM
Well, mine will be different - it will be a lefty!  :humour:

I'M IN...my deposit just went into the (snail) mail to Jim Holler!  :nanadance :nana_guitar

The only thing that will keep me from losing my mind waiting for this is that I also just ordered an RS-4, and that should be here before Christmas...I suspect these will take till mid-February or early March?  How long did the (various) FIII guitars take to build?  :drool:
3 months. But they were not ordered until January and there were 100 plus being built when you add in the 12th fret special order.

Quote from: dependan on November 28, 2009, 02:16:49 PM
  3 months. But they were not ordered until January and there were 100 plus being built when you add in the 12th fret special order.

The economy was better then, too, slowing down production. I suspect Larrivee will be glad to see these orders - XX number of guaranteed sales!

Quote from: Mikeymac on November 28, 2009, 02:20:32 PM
The economy was better then, too, slowing down production. I suspect Larrivee will be glad to see these orders - XX number of guaranteed sales!
Other factors could slow it down though. But we'll have some fun waiting.

Quote from: Mikeymac on November 28, 2009, 02:20:32 PM
The economy was better then, too, slowing down production.

I think the economy is better now than it was a year ago....

YMMV
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

BTW, I'm glad to see the herringbone soundhole rosette on these - it will look great against the mahogany.  Will these get a tortoise guard, or will it be in the case (and can we have Jim install if we want)? 

Sorry, just more questions...always more questions!!!