Pages: 1 ... 18 [19] 20 ... 96   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars  (Read 327030 times)
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: November 28, 2009, 06:15:16 AM »

Is the Slott head dead????? As I mentioned in a previous post and if it was addressed I missed it and apologize now BUT initially Larrivee needed 4 persons to make this project happen thus if 4 or more want a slott can it happen along with maybe the majority who may not??  :   

I understand your rationale on this - but I'm pretty sure Larrivee told Jim Holler only ONE set of specs...I'm sure that is also what helped keep the price so low.

Adding another set of specs/two models would no doubt raise the price on both.

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #361 on: November 28, 2009, 06:18:09 AM »

Personally don't care if it single or multi piece neck, simple or elaborate bling BUT sure would like the SLOT!!!!! 

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Frasier1

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: November 28, 2009, 06:34:00 AM »

Personally don't care if it single or multi piece neck, simple or elaborate bling BUT sure would like the SLOT!!!!! 

I have to agree with you!  I was just playing my Santa Cruz D-12, and that Slothead sure is Purdy!  I love em!
Maybe the one with the Slot could be the Forum V if there were enough orders - with herringbone and a Tortis pickguard!  LOL
Am I causing trouble now or what!   (blame it on the vino)!

tadol
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: November 28, 2009, 06:45:42 AM »

You will probably get a tortis pickguard with this.  Not likely to get a slothead, but it is a nice thought. Would add a bit of cost to the build. I'd like to know what case would be included -

Tad

Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: November 28, 2009, 06:58:42 AM »

You will probably get a tortis pickguard with this.  Not likely to get a slothead, but it is a nice thought. Would add a bit of cost to the build. I'd like to know what case would be included -

Tad

The 03 series case seems logical.

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: November 28, 2009, 01:21:52 PM »

Order closing will be December 15th (unless extended)

NEWBIES can't recieve PM's so give an e-mail if you want the price or contact JIM HOLLER

DEPOSITS of 25% must be made to be on Jim's order list, which is the important one (not ours)

Jim Holler, Luthier
                                 Trinity Guitars
                                 2089 Camp St.
                                 Jamestown, NY 14701
                                    716-499-3671
                               jimholler@trinityguitars.com      or           www.trinityguitars.com

(e-mail me dependan@gmail.com if all you need is a price)

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
JOYCEfromNS
Admin

« Reply #366 on: November 28, 2009, 03:02:50 PM »

Now that the price is set and I assume the numbering was done in order of succession with your deposit with Jim and when the Specs are finalized maybe a Forum IV part 2 topic can start ( locking this one) for the new stage as this one is almost 20 pages already!!!!!!

Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)
Queequeg
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: November 28, 2009, 03:47:17 PM »

Randy, since we have the price now we need to do something about an order only thread that can show the Forum name of the person ordering. This is at Jim's request.

All orders are made with Trinity Guitars with a deposit of at least 25%
Gotcha covered on this, Danny.
-Q.
Johnny M
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: November 28, 2009, 04:11:05 PM »

Hey Danny,

Can you please PM me a price on this little bad boy.

Thanks
John

...A couple of beautiful guitars...

Not all those who wander are lost ...
http://denmankayaks.wordpress.com/
jgriffter

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: November 28, 2009, 04:40:00 PM »

Danny

Will you please PM me the price for the Forum guitar as well.  Sounds exciting!  I am more of a lurker here, but waiting on delivery of my L-03 Zebrawood from Jim Holler right now! 

Thanks

John

Larrivee LV-10 Madagascar Rswd / Red Sitka Spruce
Larrivee P-09 BZ
Larrivee L-03 Zebrano
Larrivee P-03 Spruce/Mahogany
Martin D35
Martin D28
Martin 000-16
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: November 28, 2009, 05:07:24 PM »

Danny

Will you please PM me the price for the Forum guitar as well.  Sounds exciting!  I am more of a lurker here, but waiting on delivery of my L-03 Zebrawood from Jim Holler right now! 

Thanks

John

You can not receive PM's until you have ten post's.  I e-mailed you the price

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: November 28, 2009, 05:21:12 PM »

Forum IV Specifications

Wood:Top backs and sides South American Mahogany.

Old style OO Larrivee body (these are not slot heads)

Herringbone rosette

Silver headstock border

Mother of Pearl Larrivee log

Please call or email to make arrangements for deposit. Include Name, Address billing and shipping,Phone number and Forum name.  You will officially have a guitar on order once the deposit is complete.

Thank you
Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars
800 West Third St
Jamestown, NY 14701
716-665-4490

www.trinityguitars.com

tadol
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: November 28, 2009, 05:27:12 PM »

The 03 series case seems logical.

Except they've never made -03 series 00s until this run that is just getting done, so I'm wondering if they've had a bunch of flat top cases made in the 00 size, or if they might use the archtop case that came with all the higher series 00s they've made.

Tad

Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -
prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: November 28, 2009, 05:30:39 PM »

Forum IV Specifications

- Wood:Top backs and sides South American Mahogany.
- Old style OO Larrivee body (these are not slot heads)
- Herringbone rosette
- Silver headstock border
- Mother of Pearl Larrivee logo

(this is from Trinity Guitars)

Thanks Danny.  Two questions:
1 - 12-fret to the body?
2 - one piece neck?

Play it daily for best results.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: November 28, 2009, 05:32:29 PM »

Thanks Danny.  Two questions:
1 - 12-fret to the body?
2 - one piece neck?
   12 FRET FOR SURE,  don't know about the neck yet. I'll post as soon as Jim gives me more info.

jwsamuel

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: November 28, 2009, 06:03:02 PM »

Will it have the same binding as the 03 series?

Jim
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: November 28, 2009, 06:05:25 PM »

Forum IV Specifications

UPDATED

Wood:Top backs and sides South American Mahogany.

Old style OO Larrivee body (these are not slot heads)

Herringbone rosette

Silver headstock border

Mother of Pearl Larrivee logo

12 Frets to the body

(possible 3 piece neck and standard flat top case)
                                                                                      we're not sure yet

Please call or email to make arrangements for deposit. Include Name, Address billing and shipping,Phone number and Forum name.  You will officially have a guitar on order once the deposit is complete.

Thank you
Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars
800 West Third St
Jamestown, NY 14701
716-665-4490

www.trinityguitars.com

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: November 28, 2009, 06:07:47 PM »

Will it have the same binding as the 03 series?

Jim
  Same as any 03 series as far as I know. When more details come in I'll post them.

I post EVERYTHING I know as soon as I can get it done.

Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: November 28, 2009, 06:21:21 PM »

With the Forum III a few people placing orders did not want it publicly known, ie posted on the forum. So the posted Forum list was never 100% accurate.

Hence, Jim Holler will keep the ONLY official list. Jim will email us once a week with the total number of confirmed orders to-date (deposits received). This will be a NUMBER only, not a list of names.

So if you want to state here you've ordered one, thats great. If you don't, thats your business and ok too.

Although it hasn't been stated, I presume that Jim Holler would be willing to perform additional (paid-for) luthery and accessory add-ons like pickups, and so on.

I'll note that a silver border on the headstock is very unusual for a -03 series instrument, and neither the Forum I/II nor Forum II had a headstock border.

For the record, I'm still sitting on the edge concenring ordering one for myself, as I have a nice 00 already and am trying to reduce the size of my collection. But I do prefer a 00 over a parlor for most playing and would like a mahogany 00.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
Frank_S

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: November 28, 2009, 06:33:46 PM »

Since I have no idea what Larrivee 00 specs are., can you verify whether these are correct?

14.25" lower bout ?
10.25" upper bout ?
8.25" waist ?
4.25" body depth ?

All Lefties.
Larrivée L-03-
Larrivée L-03R-
Larrivée 00-03MT Forum IV-#7
Gibson J45
Martin HD-28
Martin CEO-7
Pages: 1 ... 18 [19] 20 ... 96   Go Up