F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slotted headstock yeah yeah but don't care if it's one piece neck or multi. Was always of the belief that multi was stronger tho not sure where that came from. BUT my vote is for a slotted headstock tricked either simple or elaborate no matter to me :nana_guitar    :nana_guitar    :nana_guitar    :nana_guitar
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

slothead  :+1:

extra cost:   :thumbsup
Play it daily for best results.

Ok, I had GAS in check until ya'all started talkin' slotted head!  I'm puttin' on some of those tuners Tad showed earlier!
Danny keep me in the loop--send me price and possible options when it becomes official.  Multi-piece neck; no problem.
Seems at this point somebody needs to get a definitive difference between cost of slotted head vs. standard (paddle).

If I'm jumping in, I opt for standard wood binding to offset the "darkness" of the all mahog.--maybe something like tiger or curly maple, no big change, just a little extra.  I'm not a fan of herringbone, so the rosette can be standard.  I have a OM03 all SP Spec. Ed. that has a abalone rosette and it looks wonderful with the sapele, but I know that is extra.

My overall consideration (hope) is (of course) keeping it south of $1K.   :whistling:

Quote from: naboz on November 25, 2009, 02:46:25 PM
Ok, I had GAS in check until ya'all started talkin' slotted head!  I'm puttin' on some of those tuners Tad showed earlier!
Danny keep me in the loop--send me price and possible options when it becomes official.  Multi-piece neck; no problem.
Seems at this point somebody needs to get a definitive difference between cost of slotted head vs. standard (paddle).

If I'm jumping in, I opt for standard wood binding to offset the "darkness" of the all mahog.--maybe something like tiger or curly maple, no big change, just a little extra.  I'm not a fan of herringbone, so the rosette can be standard.  I have a OM03 all SP Spec. Ed. that has a abalone rosette and it looks wonderful with the sapele, but I know that is extra.

My overall consideration (hope) is (of course) keeping it south of $1K.   :whistling:
Actually all of this is just musings. Jim Holler has told us ONE GUITAR NO OPTIONS from Larrivee.     Which is a 00-03MT   so think of a 0M-03MT and how it's made.

Oh yeah, I seem to remember reading that...in big red letters  :arrow
...lucky for my wallet.

At this price point, the slotted headstock is no doubt out of reach...besides, who wants it anyway; they're harder to restring!   :rolleye:

All the discussion about laminated necks has also reminded me of classical neck construction with the scarf joint at the headstock, which provide strength, and evidently no concerns about loss of tone.

So three piece neck, whatever, just looking forward to final details, as I sit here and stew... :whistling:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

to be fair, in waiting for the price the forum is at the mercy of the matter getting to the top of the in-tray at Larrivee HQ. Nothing anyone here can do about it.

The cost will undoubtedly be very reasonable.

Don't shoot the messanger. People are putting a great deal of time and effort into making this a reality.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Don't want to be the Fly in the Soup here BUT the minimum that was needed by Larrivee was 4 thus say if you got 8 persons committed and 4 want one thing and 4 another than............ I must be overlooking something???? So why can't that happen is it an administrative thing?    :?
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: Mikeymac on November 25, 2009, 03:45:11 PM
At this price point, the slotted headstock is no doubt out of reach...

But...we don't know the price point yet....
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

OK you got me, my wife and kids wants to give me a new guitar for Christmas and i was looking at the Recording King RNJ 25(L00) at the 12 fret and almost order one this afternoon but now like a bunch of us i need to know the price of this baby so i can take a final decision  :?

Pierrev

:guitar
FIII LS 03 MH #74      Charlotte
LS 09 FM                    Ari
Moisan OM                  Unique

I can't see it being much more than a Larrivee parlor.

Quote from: sniggs on November 25, 2009, 04:47:59 PM
I think the sound difference will be more pronounced than you might imagine.
Play it daily for best results.

Quote from: sniggs on November 25, 2009, 04:47:59 PM

As a former 00 owner, I can vouch that it's a bit more than that!  While the body is only slightly bigger, an inch and a half of scale makes a huge difference.  And at the same time, it has a lot of that parlor charm too. 

Quote from: dependan on November 25, 2009, 02:53:40 PM
  Actually all of this is just musings. Jim Holler has told us ONE GUITAR NO OPTIONS from Larrivee.     Which is a 00-03MT   so think of a 0M-03MT and how it's made.

A 00-03MT is exactly what I want.  I know the slothead is sexy but it's a bit of a pain when it comes to string change, not to mention the whole slothead thing, at least for steel stings, is not really typical of the brand.  I find the FIIIs are truly Larrivee...more like a classical with steel stings. 

I'll tell you what I know at this point about pricing....absolutely nothing. I e-mailed Jim and have had no response since yesterday when he told me that he had e-mailed Larrivee multiple times and still had no response from them.
         Also he said that he would let me know as soon as he heard something.

At this point all I can say is "HAPPY THANKSGIVING" to all of you. Please be safe if you are out traveling, and as soon as I hear something y'all will be posted. I promise. I have spent a lot of time staring at my inbox. And will continue to check it. But we all need to realize everyone needs a break sometimes. For sure Jim Holler does.

So hang in there, I can't tell you to be patient, but do the best you can.

Quote from: Denis on November 25, 2009, 05:16:04 PM
As a former 00 owner, I can vouch that it's a bit more than that!  While the body is only slightly bigger, an inch and a half of scale makes a huge difference.  And at the same time, it has a lot of that parlor charm too. 

A 00-03MT is exactly what I want.  I know the slothead is sexy but it's a bit of a pain when it comes to string change, not to mention the whole slothead thing, at least for steel stings, is not really typical of the brand.  I find the FIIIs are truly Larrivee...more like a classical with steel stings. 
You are so right Denis. The  price will not be one of the P-03 either. I think that needs to be cleared up.

Relax everyone. The answer on the price will come when it comes. The fact that it's Thanksgiving tomorrow will likely not make it happen any faster. RELAX! Go play your guitar. Do some yoga.  :smile:
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

I also thought this was a slot head?

So, is the OO bigger than the LS?

Not that I'm thinking about this at all.  :smile: Seriously, I can't think about this unless I win the lottery some time soon. :cheers

Lynda

Quote from: dependan on November 25, 2009, 05:20:07 PM
        I'll tell you what I know at this point about pricing....absolutely nothing. I e-mailed Jim and have had no response since yesterday when he told me that he had e-mailed Larrivee multiple times and still had no response from them.

They must be doing okay there if they are not eager to sell more guitars.

Jim

Quote from: lyric_girl on November 25, 2009, 05:45:17 PM

So, is the OO bigger than the LS?

the OO is smaller than the LS. Think slightly bigger than a parlour, but a standard scale length. Between a parlour (O) and an OM (OOO) size in terms of the guitar body.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Thanks Ben