F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Jagadis on November 24, 2009, 09:37:42 PM
Please Lord...don't lead me into temptation and let me get sucked into the whirlwind we all know as the "Next Forum Guitar".  Last time this happened my family ate Kraft Dinner for 3 months after the grocery money got diverted to Jim Holler.  Please Lord...help me resist...

Sigh...

My name is Jordan...and I'm a mahog-oholic!

J.

Yep, I made the mistake of lurking today when I saw this thread and the familiar "breaking news" on page 1.

Too late... my heart and mind and will simultaneously got sucked in all-together... except my wallet is protesting

and my wife is clueless !!!

I had better be in my best behavior.  :nana_guitar

ricky

Anybody have any info on Larivee's 3-piece necks?  The parlor on Trinity Guitars website looks to have a neck or scarf joint like Taylor does it and no wings. 

If a 3-piece neck lowers the price to under $1k, then its a no-brainer for me.  The Martin 00-15, a real sweetheart hog-top (while it lasts...), is less than $1k discounted.
Play it daily for best results.

Wow. This thread is the most active I've seen this forum in a long time. I'm intrigued by the way the whole concept has taken shape (unofficial at this time though it may be) and am watching intently from the sidelines. I'm not interested this time around (it seems like most brand-specific forums tend to do mahogany 00 or 000-sized custom group orders, i.e. the UMGF and Tacoma forum guitars) but Queequeg's cryptic hinting at a "tricked out" Forum guitar in the future has me intrigued.

Good luck, ladies and gentlemen. I hope the finalized specs and price come in soon.
Neil K

2013 DIY Medium Jumbo (western red cedar/S. American Mahogany)
2013 McKnight Ukulele
2009 Martin D-16GT
2006 Larrivée OM-03R
1998 Fender American Standard Stratocaster, Ash Body, Natural finish
1989 Kramer Striker 610

Quote from: dependan on November 24, 2009, 10:41:24 PM
  ricky would you be interested in taking this over? After no answer again today I'm thinking i might be out of this charade.

Danny, I'll pitch in and help in any way I can or whatever you ask of me to do.

ricky

Quote from: prof_stack on November 24, 2009, 11:37:50 PM
If a 3-piece neck lowers the price to under $1k, then its a no-brainer for me.  The Martin 00-15, a real sweetheart hog-top (while it lasts...), is less than $1k discounted.

I am so with you on this one. Then again, I'm not officially in, until my wife says, "Yes, honey, I'll buy you another guitar!"

I hinted on the FIV late tonight and she gave me this, "I thought I cured you of your guitar-o-holism" look on her face.  :blush:

ricky

Quote from: leerichards on November 24, 2009, 08:58:59 PM
Ack! What an excellent expression lyricgirl. Do you have intellectual property rights on it? May I use it myself and thus introduce it into the Kiwi (New Zealand) vernacular?  :bgrin: Pleeese  :donut :donut :coffee Rick

Rick, do as you please. You obviously don't know me very well when you use the term intellectual!
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Jordan, I think you're already done for on this one being a mahogany aholic! Ricky, good luck with Beth, but you just might have to sit this one out especially since you didn't sell all of your other guitars. :whistling:

NEW DAY....                             ABOUT TIME DAY    $ & specs.         Larrrivee????

I don't want a 3 piece neck on a Forum Guitar

We shouldn't settle for a cheap guitar.

Quote from: dependan on November 25, 2009, 06:38:41 AM

Totally agree with you Danny!

Totally agree, 1 peace neck please!!!

-James

:cheers :beer :nana_guitar :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance :nanadance
Larrivee P-03
Martin 000-28
Martin OMSW-Cherry
Martin Backpacker Steel String
Takamine Classical
Early Ovation Celebrity
Roland A-60 Acoustic Amplifier

Quote from: dependan on November 25, 2009, 06:38:41 AM

A multi-peice neck doesn't equate to cheap.

Quote from: GA-ME on November 25, 2009, 07:49:11 AM
A multi-peice neck doesn't equate to cheap.
that's very true.
Quote from: jamesb1101 on November 25, 2009, 07:48:15 AM
Totally agree, 1 peace neck please!!!

all we are saying is give 3-peace a chance.

You are right. I guess what I should have said is. To be a "Larrivee Forum Guitar" wouldn't we want it built to the standards Larrivee has used for over 40 years now?
   But all the guitars I have or have owned that were better quality had one piece necks.
And to get an all mahogany body with a one piece mahogany neck will be a very nice looking little 00 even with the lowest bling level. Plus we are seeing less and less of true S. American mahogany being used in this level of pricing. (we hope the price is good)
   It would not be a good selling point to many here if it is a three piece neck, from what I have read on the posts. Though a few have expressed that they don't mind.
                        I just want a good ole Larrivee 00 again.

Quote from: Queequeg on November 25, 2009, 07:56:12 AM
that's very true.all we are saying is give 3-peace a chance.

Yea, let's give peace a chance. That was the decision I came to in my mind somewhere in the middle of last night. And I see this all a little more positively today. Still I wonder about the delay from Larrivee on this.

Quote from: dependan on November 25, 2009, 08:04:12 AM
And I see this all a little more positively today. Still I wonder about the delay from Larrivee on this.
it is entirely possible that Larrivee has a few more things on their plate right now than these 5, 10, or 15 "-03" forum guitars.

Speaking of multi-piece necks, many custom shops regularly use them on their guitars.  It is the present and future of guitars.  You have to get high up Martin's guitar line to get one-piece necks.  Does anyone know when Taylor last used one-piece necks?

What will we say when Larrivee goes away from dovetail joints and to an equally (or better) effective but cheaper? 

Or what if, horrors, Larrivee just goes away!? 
Play it daily for best results.

I wouldn't necessarily pass if it had a three piece neck - I know (in my head) that a three piece neck will be stable, etc. (I have several such necks from Warmoth), but I strongly agree with the sentiment that these Forum guitars should reflect Larrivee's ethos and heritage...therefore, they should have one piece necks...that's definitely my preference (and esp. on such a unique, rare and special instrument).
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: prof_stack on November 25, 2009, 08:20:50 AM
Speaking of multi-piece necks, many custom shops regularly use them on their guitars.  It is the present and future of guitars. 

George Lowden uses 5 and 7 piece necks - I haven't heard any bad news about them.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Just in case anyone is wondering, I will PM everyone that has expressed an interest in the F-IV with the pricing when we get it.
   As well as post the fact we now have it here on this thread with the specifications when they come in. Unless Jim does that directly.
            Anyway, don't worry about being forgotten about, I'll go through the thread and my save files of PM's and e-mails and contact each one.
                  Of course another order thread will be started as well, with order information only on it. And we can save postings for here and other threads. As was done by Randy on the F-III. That all seemed to work real well to keep confusion down.

Again though, any member can feel free to suggest whatever they want to.
                                             (including 3 piece necks)