F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'll go on the list for a price check too. I do have my quota of 03 grade Larrivees, though. But Ricky got me thinking....if it can sell under $800. Ricky is that $800 US or $800 of your money? I never did a price check on a parlor...no interest there....
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

Quote from: dependan on November 24, 2009, 11:45:30 AM
 That's cool, I needed an excuse to put the one guitar no options up again anyway.
What about substitutions?????   :laughin:

Jim

Quote from: Blue in VT on November 24, 2009, 12:43:27 PM
What... :?  I missed this tidbit....when did that happen...can you point me to details?

Blue, Larrivee did the 3-piece neck on the P-03 limited run this summer.

I'm not sure if they are doing it for all the models. Others are more informed about this - so they may chime in.

ricky

Quote from: Dotneck on November 24, 2009, 12:51:02 PM
I'll go on the list for a price check too. I do have my quota of 03 grade Larrivees, though. But Ricky got me thinking....if it can sell under $800. Ricky is that $800 US or $800 of your money? I never did a price check on a parlor...no interest there....

Go to the Trinity Guitars website. I haven't been there lately, but they do have the P-03 limited run with the USD price of under 800.

Thankfully for us Canucks (not the hockey team - sorry, diehard Oilers fan here) - the exchange rate is good.

Our Canadian disney dollar is almost at par with USD. I'd have to be a billionaire to afford an FIV with our Philippine pesos.

ricky

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on November 24, 2009, 10:54:22 AM
Denis is there any kind of saving in having direct shipment for us Canucks? Cause the Bone saddle from Jim seems pretty attractive!!!

Joyce, on the FIII LS-03, all I paid was GST.  No PST as it's coming from another province, no shipping costs, no brokerage fees...and taxes on those either....I can get my local tech to install a new bone saddle for less than what it would cost me to have Larrivee ship to Jim, then I'd pay Jim for shipping, brokerage fees, PST and GST!!!  So yeah, a lot of savings.

Now...where are we at with this?

I wouldn't care if it was no purfling, no rosette, with maple binding, Pings and Tusq....those things are secondary to it being a full scale, all mahogany 12 fret 00.  That's all I need.

If this thing comes through under $1000 US, it's a no-brainer. Take it from a guy with no brain! :humour:  Figure a little less than the F-III's, based on the size, no IS top, but SA HOG instead of Sapele? Would sure sweeten the deal! Wishful thinking maybe, but makes sense? :?
     Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Quote from: rpm60912 on November 24, 2009, 12:39:28 PM
May I think out loud here?

PRICE - If Jim can sell the P-03 IS/hog with H-bone purfling for south of ***, I would hope the FIV will be in the same price range?

SPECS - This is exciting. Simple specs.

ALL South American Mahogany (and all the standard features of Larrivee - maple binding, ebony fretboard, etc).

Although they did go to 3-piece necks that look to my eyes like a 1-piece. This is not an issue to me, maybe a deal-breaker for the 1-piece advocates.

HERRINGBONE rosette AND purfling - (if there's enough orders, perhaps this could be Standard - no additional cost)

ricky
ricky I think the price posting is too much speculation at this time. The rest is great to think about.

Sorry. Saw the post by Jim saying he would do the bone saddle. A little cheaper than the $1200 he spent for the F-III hats?
     Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Personally, given the choice between a 3-piece neck under $1K and a one-piece neck for a couple hundred more ... call me crazy ... I'd rather stick with Larrivee's tradition of a one-piece neck.  

While Larrivee may have to start building Taylor/Martin style low end guitars soon to stay competitive, I don't look forward to that day.  
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Price speculation can lead to disappointments for sure and needless posts. We just need to be a little more patient and we'll all know.

This is still all we know at this point
Quote from: dependan on November 23, 2009, 07:17:14 PM
        I just got an e-mail from Jim Holler with Trinity Guitars

There will only be one guitar NO options for this order a  00-03 MT

Please don't ask for other options. This is all Larrivee will make this time.

Pricing has not come in yet
, so be patient and we will know soon enough.

As far as the exact specs. let's wait a bit on the rosette and headstock etc. We will know soon.
Quote from: Denis on November 24, 2009, 01:04:30 PM
Joyce, on the FIII LS-03, all I paid was GST.  No PST as it's coming from another province, no shipping costs, no brokerage fees...and taxes on those either....I can get my local tech to install a new bone saddle for less than what it would cost me to have Larrivee ship to Jim, then I'd pay Jim for shipping, brokerage fees, PST and GST!!!  So yeah, a lot of savings.

Now...where are we at with this?

I wouldn't care if it was no purfling, no rosette, with maple binding, Pings and Tusq....those things are secondary to it being a full scale, all mahogany 12 fret 00.  That's all I need.
We'll have more info. soon

I'm another lefty giving this serious thought, awaiting pricing.   :drool:
All Lefties.
Larrivée L-03-
Larrivée L-03R-
Larrivée 00-03MT Forum IV-#7
Gibson J45
Martin HD-28
Martin CEO-7

Quote from: dependan on November 24, 2009, 01:24:34 PM
  Price speculation can lead to disappointments for sure and needless posts. We just need to be a little more patient and we'll all know.

Point taken Danny, we shall sit and wait for the official price.

People can always look around, guess, be patient and hope for the best.

ricky

Don't know bout you fellers on the fence BUT 2010 will be a new guitar year with me in N.S  :roll

Don't miss the boat!!!!! :nana_guitar   :nana_guitar   :nana_guitar   :nana_guitar
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Wow, you tune out for awhile and the insanity starts all over again. I'll be sitting this one out as I don't see a substantial difference from my beloved F-III all-hog, but I wish you all the best and would be happy to host another jam if everyone winds up in Vancouver again. Also curious to see what the price point will be and still perplexed at why it can't be posted openly when established. It's an open secret, natch?

Following with extreme personal interest much tempered by my husband's extreme lack of interest.  Marriage, I tell ya.  I may have to hope that someone expected too much out of the size and puts it up used---after significantly dinging the top reducing the asking price further.  But the used market ain't gonna be what it was when 78 people ordered F-III.  I wish I knew I could join on this one.  OO is my favorite size and never had a hot top before...

Does it not seem reasonable to exclude Forum projects from the pricing rule?  Seems like since it's being offered to forum folk, publicizing the price is more of a service than disservice.

Quote from: ryler on November 24, 2009, 03:09:08 PM
Does it not seem reasonable to exclude Forum projects from the pricing rule?  Seems like since it's being offered to forum folk, publicizing the price is more of a service than disservice.

pretty soon, the price for this FIV will be common knowledge in the Forum.

But, Jim does not know what the official price is. Until then, we wait.

I remember when we found out the FIII prices - we can only give approximations to the nearest price point.

There must be a good reason for the Forum Rules to ban specifying prices - I guess there are dealers following the Forum.

ricky

Pricing new guitars on the Forum is against the rules of the forum and for a good reason. Lot's of dealers sell Larrivees and they are priced at different levels. There is a 00-03 being made and sold right now by different Larrivee dealers.
  So to price this one openly may cause hurt feelings with someone who paid a little more for a similar guitar at a dealer.
              Also we do get a good deal from Larrivee for a bundled order like this. It's not just one person buying. So the price comparisons aren't really fair.
                     Jim just sent a note that he has not heard yet from Larrivee, but is supposed to today.

I am guessing that Jim has made Larrivee aware that the order for these guitars are most likely going to be in excess of the four that was fist talked about,and may be as many as 15?which might warrant a different price than may have been on the cards!