F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: dependan on November 23, 2009, 07:17:14 PM
        I just got an e-mail from Jim Holler with Trinity Guitars

There will only be one guitar NO options for this order a  00-03 MT

Please don't ask for other options. This is all Larrivee will make this time.

Pricing has not come in yet
, so be patient and we will know soon enough.

As far as the exact specs. let's wait a bit on the rosette and headstock etc. We will know soon.
We'll know specifics soon I hope. Jim has requested South American Mahogany.

Quote from: dependan on November 22, 2009, 11:23:51 PM
 # 3 for the man who came up with 3 microdots on the 12th fret. This just doesn't feel right without (78) ricky. Where is that big smile anyway? Besides it would be good to rattle some brains a little with
                                                   BREAKING NEWS

:roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll

Danny, a 3-day old thread with 6 pages and counting. Wow!

#78 is alive and well, thank you. Scott (obe-wan) thanks for the PM - just got busy lately.

My OO-09 went to its new owner who donated $2500 to feed 50 children for 6 months - less than a year after I purchased it in Nov 21, 2008.

So, I could use another OO - and have a first taste of an all-hog and join Tuffy's all-hog true-forumite club!!!
:laughin: :laughin: :laughin: :smile: :smile: :smile:

For me to get in on this - Work for my wife's business and she pays me this FIV-all-hog OO.

Interested but not in (yet),

ricky, #78

Quote from: rpm60912 on November 24, 2009, 11:25:01 AM
Danny, a 3-day old thread with 5 pages and counting. Wow!

#78 is alive and well, thank you. Scott (obe-wan) thanks for the PM - just got busy lately.

My OO-09 went to its new owner who donated $2500 to feed 50 children for 6 months - less than a year after I purchased it in Nov 21, 2008.

So, I could use another OO - and have a first taste of an all-hog and join Tuffy's all-hog true-forumite club!!!

For me to get in on this - Work for my wife's business and she pays me this FIV-all-hog OO.

ricky, #78

I should have known you were lurking out there. I know you can't stay away.

On another note, has anybody confirmed that direct Canadian shipping will be available this time?

And Danny, I'm sorry I volunteered you to continue to run with this thread.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: rpm60912 on November 24, 2009, 11:25:01 AM
Danny, a 3-day old thread with 6 pages and counting. Wow!

ricky, #78

ricky..ricky...ricky  HELP. You know how I come across. We need you Bro. The GRIN will WIN.                                                Glad to see ya are alive and kickin.

Quote from: lyric_girl on November 24, 2009, 11:27:03 AM
I should have known you were lurking out there. I know you can't stay away.

On another note, has anybody confirmed that direct Canadian shipping will be available this time?

And Danny, I'm sorry I volunteered you to continue to run with this thread.

Lynda - thanks for the picks. I received them. I've been bugging Beth to mail you the you know what - it's her first day back from a business trip in Vancouver. PM or email me for Skype.

Hey, would a local pickup be available - I take it the FIV will be coming out of the Vancouver plant?

Local pickup please? No extra expense for brokerage fees for Canadians. And United Airlines is only south of the border so we're safe with Westjet and scAirCanada.

ricky

Quote from: dependan on November 24, 2009, 11:14:49 AM
    We'll know specifics soon I hope. Jim has requested South American Mahogany.
Danny I know this one has no options. But I was only suggesting that might be nice if some day there was a tricked out Forum.
Not this time.
But maybe some time...

Hey, Tuf,

Here's one lefty who is planning to be in on this one! (I missed out on the Forum III and really regretted it.) Not sure how I'm going to swing it, because I'm very serious about getting the RS-4 in the next few weeks...

I'd also smile if herringbone rosette was one of the options, but it's not critical (same with pyramid bridge). I like the rest of the specs: size, 12 fret, hog-top.

Looking forward, like everyone, to pricing and deposit details.  :+1:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Maybe Forum V could be a Jumbo... Maple b/s... bling'd out...

maybe in 2 years.. when I have enough fund...
Jeffrey

Quote from: Mikeymac on November 24, 2009, 11:37:38 AM
I'd also smile if herringbone rosette

and herringbone purfling too?

...will give the FIV a classic look.

ricky

Quote from: rpm60912 on November 24, 2009, 11:32:06 AM
Hey, would a local pickup be available - I take it the FIV will be coming out of the Vancouver plant?

Local pickup please? No extra expense for brokerage fees for Canadians. And United Airlines is only south of the border so we're safe with Westjet and scAirCanada.

ricky
We are not 100% sure on Vancouver, but all the 03 series have been coming out of there. So local seems possible for Canadians to me (as well as those who could make a trip across the border)

Quote from: Queequeg on November 24, 2009, 11:37:20 AM
Danny I know this one has no options. But I was only suggesting that might be nice if some day there was a tricked out Forum.
Not this time.
But maybe some time...
That's cool, I needed an excuse to put the one guitar no options up again anyway. It saves time for us and especially for Jim Holler at Trinity Guitars. As first time readers see this they will not wade through the pages. So I'll probably put it up again, or hopefully we will have nailed down specifications and pricing soon to post.                           (Of course I won't POST the price here just that we have it now)

Quote from: rpm60912 on November 24, 2009, 11:43:03 AM
and herringbone purfling too?

...will give the FIV a classic look.

ricky
And would match the F-III, but we will have to take what they offer, unless so many get ordered that they will be a little more flexible.  I think we will have 4 X's what they were requiring when we started. Four was all that we needed and I can see sixteen now. And maybe more to come. Of course pricing will make or break the deal for some.

Quote from: Mikeymac on November 24, 2009, 11:37:38 AM
Hey, Tuf,

Here's one lefty who is planning to be in on this one! (I missed out on the Forum III and really regretted it.) Not sure how I'm going to swing it, because I'm very serious about getting the RS-4 in the next few weeks...

I'd also smile if herringbone rosette was one of the options, but it's not critical (same with pyramid bridge). I like the rest of the specs: size, 12 fret, hog-top.

Looking forward, like everyone, to pricing and deposit details.  :+1:
H-bone would be my choice as well. Now that we have at least one "southpaw" on board we know we will succeed.  :thumbsup                            (notice it is his left hand with the thumbs up)

Hi all. Have been under the weather for over a month, sign into the Forum, & now the F-IV has evolved! I have to get the price before I can commit. And sell the stuff I promised my wife I would for my F-III! Lynda, Dan, Lynn, Ricky, & all, glad to see you're keeping the project going & will come to fruition. My best regards!
     Jeff
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Quote from: BluesMan1 on November 24, 2009, 12:00:04 PM
   Hi all. Have been under the weather for over a month, sign into the Forum, & now the F-IV has evolved! I have to get the price before I can commit. And sell the stuff I promised my wife I would for my F-III! Lynda, Dan, Lynn, Ricky, & all, glad to see you're keeping the project going & will come to fruition. My best regards!
     Jeff

Jeff,

Actually, I'm just watching this one from the sidelines this time which is fun I must admit. Of course I will enable when and where I can. I sat on the fence for far too long on the Forum III and there was no reason to.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Hi Jeff, we'll save a spot for you. Glad to hear from you and sorry to hear your under the weather.                               Get well bud.

Lynda & Dan, thanks. Having one of my knees replaced in January. Played too much basketball & family history of OA. Need both done, so I flipped a coin! :humour:
   Lynda, hope your playing is going well with the teacher you like. Makes all of the difference. And Dan, you sound like you're doing well & as usual, have a way to get this dream guitar. I thought about it & decided a OO would be a nice addition, esp. this one! :wave
     Jeff

Dan, what do we do when you reach 5,000 posts? Take up a collection for an F-IV for you? :humour:   Wouldn't that be a nice Christmas gift? :bgrin:
     Jeff

May I think out loud here?

PRICE - If Jim can sell the P-03 IS/hog with H-bone purfling for south of 800, I would hope the FIV will be in the same price range?

SPECS - This is exciting. Simple specs.

ALL South American Mahogany (and all the standard features of Larrivee - maple binding, ebony fretboard, etc).

Although they did go to 3-piece necks that look to my eyes like a 1-piece. This is not an issue to me, maybe a deal-breaker for the 1-piece advocates.

HERRINGBONE rosette AND purfling - (if there's enough orders, perhaps this could be Standard - no additional cost)

ricky

Quote from: rpm60912 on November 24, 2009, 12:39:28 PM

Although they did go to 3-piece necks that look to my eyes like a 1-piece. This is not an issue to me, maybe a deal-breaker for the 1-piece advocates.

What... :?  I missed this tidbit....when did that happen...can you point me to details?

Please put me on the list to get the price too...I don't think I can make it happen but if the deal is good enough... :whistling:

Blue
OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)