F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I think I counted over 7 committed on this thread now and another 7 needing pricing to proceed. Plus some are PMing and no doubt Jim is receiving some serious inquiries.
     So fifteen may be a conservative figure for seriously interested forum members.

:+1:   I'm in, assuming that it is within my budget.

At the risk of sounding a bit self-serving I hope at least one person orders a lefty.  I can't get one myself but I'd like to know that one day there is at least a possibility that I might get a chance to play one.   Where's Bhika and Bluesman67 and the rest of you lefties ?  Are any of you in ?

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

You guys are crazy....have fun with this one too....if it were short scale I'd be in....maybe the next one... :whistling: again... :crying:

Blue
OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)

Quote from: Blue in VT on November 24, 2009, 08:46:47 AM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

You guys are crazy....have fun with this one too....if it were short scale I'd be in....maybe the next one... :whistling: again... :crying:

Blue
Come on blue.. this would compliment your OM-MT like Tuffy's 000-MT and F-III MT.
 I know you would love the size.  Anyway don't let me persuade you to do anything you don't want to.                             (Just a crazy ole guitar enthusiast)

Lynn, maybe you ought to check with Mike or John regarding possible lefty orders. :roll
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: lyric_girl on November 24, 2009, 09:00:46 AM
Lynn, maybe you ought to check with Mike or John regarding possible lefty orders. :roll

Of course.   How could I have forgotten.   Come on Johnny37 and VancouverSouthpaw, grab one of these  :bgrin:

Quote from: dependan on November 24, 2009, 08:54:57 AM
 Come on blue.. this would compliment your OM-MT like Tuffy's 000-MT and F-III MT.
 I know you would love the size.  Anyway don't let me persuade you to do anything you don't want to.                             (Just a crazy ole guitar enthusiast)

:cop: :cop:

Oh its not a matter of wanting too Dan....there is no shortage of desire I can assure you....its the other limiting factors that will make this one impossible...I would probably opt for the spruce topped one anyway...as a foil to my OM as opposed to a complement....I do love hog tops though...and 00 is my favorite size guitar.....and I love this forum...and want to be a part of the "in crowd" on one of these forum guitar runs....hence the  :crying:

:cheers

Blue
OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170

OK.....count me in on this.  I don't care about any specs as long as it's a 00, all mahogany 1 3/4" nut.  Bone nut and saddle would be nice but if it's Tusq, it's Tusq....other than that binding doesn't matter, rosette doesn't matter....

:nanadance :nana_guitar

Nice Denis...this is right up your alley....it will be like your old Parlor MT...but on steroids!

Blue
OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170

Quote from: Blue in VT on November 24, 2009, 09:36:15 AM
:cop: :cop:

Oh its not a matter of wanting too Dan....there is no shortage of desire I can assure you....its the other limiting factors that will make this one impossible...I would probably opt for the spruce topped one anyway...as a foil to my OM as opposed to a complement....I do love hog tops though...and 00 is my favorite size guitar.....and I love this forum...and want to be a part of the "in crowd" on one of these forum guitar runs....hence the  :crying:

:cheers

Blue

There will be more Forum guitars. I know of one in the works now. At least in a members serious consideration. But I don't know any specifics, I bet it will be very special though.
Quote from: Denis on November 24, 2009, 09:39:14 AM
OK.....count me in on this.  I don't care about any specs as long as it's a 00, all mahogany 1 3/4" nut.  Bone nut and saddle would be nice but if it's Tusq, it's Tusq....other than that binding doesn't matter, rosette doesn't matter....
We will have a bone saddle from Jim Holler. The rest will be standard 00-03 MT. Though I myself am not clear yet on the rosette. I agree on the S. American Mahogany. It just needs to be the real deal.

Quote from: Blue in VT on November 24, 2009, 09:46:01 AM
:nanadance :nana_guitar

Nice Denis...this is right up your alley....it will be like your old Parlor MT...but on steroids!

Blue

Yeah, I need something different from the LS-03 which is really outstanding...all mahogany in a plain jane 00, I wouldn't ask for more....all though it would seem that my wishes from back in 2005 are coming true....I wished Larrivee would make an LS-03...and now I've got one.  I wished rthey would make a 00-03...and now they're making one...and an all hog one at that.  I should do all my wishing here!

There won't be a bone saddle for me if I can have it shipped directly from Vancouver like the FIII though Dan...

dependan said the string spacing at the saddle will be 2-3/16" "unless we hear otherwise". To be sure, I queried the source (Jim Holler) and he said the string spacing will be whatever the 00-50 was.  I recall asking the Forum before about this and Queequeg measured 2-1/4"!

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=20797.msg184514#msg184514

My day is now ruined as G.A.S. has resumed...

Quote from: noyage on November 24, 2009, 10:02:52 AM
dependan said the string spacing at the saddle will be 2-3/16" "unless we hear otherwise". To be sure, I queried the source (Jim Holler) and he said the string spacing will be whatever the 00-50 was.  I recall asking the Forum before about this and Queequeg measured 2-1/4"!

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=20797.msg184514#msg184514

My day is now ruined as G.A.S. has resumed...

I thought the 00-50 was different because of the slot head neck, than the 00 paddle head series. My 00-09 seemed the same as other Larrivees I have owned. But I hope I'm wrong.

Quote from: dependan on November 24, 2009, 10:24:12 AM
I thought the 00-50 was different because of the slot head neck, than the 00 paddle head series. My 00-09 seemed the same as other Larrivees I have owned. But I hope I'm wrong.

I'm pretty certain the 00-05/00-09 had the bridge used in the OM's which is 2-3/16" while the 000's and 00's had the pyramid bridge (2-1/4"):

00-09:

I'm sure to some folks it seems esoteric but it makes a big difference to me and perhaps others who don't use a pick.
My Silver Creek T-160 (2-5/16") and Harmony H-165 (2-1/4") both make life easier for my right hand.

There is some confusion there. You said in your first post it would be the same as a 00-50    But that is the pyramid bridge and the 00-03 is a standard bridge. I would need to see the specs. from Larrivee to be sure.

Jim said the string spacing would be "what ever the old 00-50 was" which apparently was 2-1/4".  As far as I know, the standard bridges are always 2-3/16".

Quote from: Denis on November 24, 2009, 09:52:27 AM
There won't be a bone saddle for me if I can have it shipped directly from Vancouver like the FIII though Dan...

Denis is there any kind of saving in having direct shipment for us Canucks? Cause the Bone saddle from Jim seems pretty attractive!!!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on November 24, 2009, 10:54:22 AM
Denis is there any kind of saving in having direct shipment for us Canucks? Cause the Bone saddle from Jim seems pretty attractive!!!
You will get it much quicker and I believe there is a savings in duties etc.
Quote from: Denis on November 24, 2009, 09:39:14 AM

Jim e-mailed and said he has requested South American Mahogany.
                                                (still no price yet though)

hey, a pyramid bridge would be OK with me.
One thing about all these forum guitars is there is always pressure to keep them plain and low priced as possible. Nothing wrong with that, but maybe one out of 4 or 5 Forum guitars could possibly be dressed up a bit. This is the reason I havent participated in the Forum guitars in the past. I wanted this one because I just lost my 00-60.
Anyway, this F-IV is done and I don't want to open up that can of worms again, but if this ships with a pyramid bridge, I won't be sending it back.