F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oh Man here we go!!!!   Yes to the bone saddle.   I have a helper now that I have the new studio open. Her name is Kathy and she is doing a great job keeping me organized and on track. This keeps me more working on guitars and less doing paper work. Yes we can get a label and I think we can get JCL to sign them. Hats?  Did you like the hats? I was not expecting to be spending $1200 on hats the last time but is seamed like most liked the idea so I am willing to do it again. I can try to find a color that would go well with the Hog top. So for now I will work with Larrivee to get the pricing completed ASAP and let you know.
Jim Holler
Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com

Quote from: Trinity Guitars on November 23, 2009, 06:30:47 AM
Oh Man here we go!!!!   Yes to the bone saddle.   I have a helper now that I have the new studio open. Her name is Kathy and she is doing a great job keeping me organized and on track. This keeps me more working on guitars and less doing paper work. Yes we can get a label and I think we can get JCL to sign them. Hats?  Did you like the hats? I was not expecting to be spending $1200 on hats the last time but is seemed like most liked the idea so I am willing to do it again. I can try to find a color that would go well with the Hog top. So for now I will work with Larrivee to get the pricing completed ASAP and let you know.
Jim Holler
Jim the hats are fine ,but I would rather see a T-shirt done with the Logo's. I don't know what those would be in cost though. I'd pay a few bucks extra for a heavy T done well that I could wear awhile until the logo's began to fade. Then I'd put it away. My hat from the F-III just hangs on my wall hook with the guitar. (I'm a cowboy hat guy myself.)

The item at the TOP of my list is "South American Mahogany" not something called mahogany and resembling it very closely. Do you know if they will be built in Vancouver?

I'm in.
I don't care a whit about hats or t-shirts.
herringbone would be a nice touch, but I'm in with or w/o.
the Forum IV should probably have been an OM just for name's sake. (go ahead, say it out loud: "Forum IV OM".)
but I'm in. I'm in. how many time I gotta tell ya?
Numbers and signatures would be a nice touch, too.  :thumb
OK, I guess I'm in.

Quote from: Queequeg on November 23, 2009, 07:11:51 AM
I'm in.
I don't care a whit about hats or t-shirts.
herringbone would be a nice touch, but I'm in with or w/o.
the Forum IV should probably have been an OM just for names' sake (go ahead, say it out loud: "Forum IV OM")
but I'm in. I'm in. how many time I gotta tell ya?
Numbers and signatures would be a nice touch, too.  :thumb
OK, I guess I'm in.
There you have it folks; We now have enough on this order to get it done. So it's just how many more now.

Quote from: Queequeg on November 23, 2009, 07:11:51 AM
the Forum IV should probably have been an OM just for name's sake. (go ahead, say it out loud: "Forum IV OM".)

I was thinking Forum IV as in...  IV (pronounced eye vee), like an injection of guitar...  uhm, er,  nevermind.  In my defense, I *did* grow up in the 70s.

Ed

gitnoob is on to something though...
Forum 4M (m for mahogany)
who's the lucky one gets #4?
Forum 4M 4

I just ordered a L03R from Jim last week.  Should I have known about this 00-03MT coming I might have order it instead :drool:

Now you guys put me into a difficult position, should I change order or double up?  :blush:
When can I see the complete spec and price? :nana_guitar
Larrivee Forum IV
Martin OOO-28VS
Martin D-18GE Sunburst

Quote from: Frederico on November 23, 2009, 07:48:25 AM
I just ordered a L03R from Jim last week.  Should I have known about this 00-03MT coming I might have order it instead

Now you guys put me into a difficult position, should I change order or double up?  When can I see the complete spec and price?
No reason not have two Larrivees, is there?  But Jim might be able to nix the L03R order if you contact him asap.

Specs?  Pretty basic, as befits a hog-top guitar (from what we understand about the history of such):
1.75" nut
00-03 body (non-gloss)
South American mahogany (we hope) and one-piece neck
no special trim (although herringbone does class it up a little, if the option is there)
bone saddle (if Jim brokers it before sending it to you)
12-fret
paddlehead (not a slot-head, which is more traditional perhaps but more expensive)

Label is nice.  I really don't care how the numbering is done, as long as none of us gets our g-string in a knot requesting one.
Play it daily for best results.

I would certainly be interested. I am loving my second hand FIII. I'll stay tuned for pricing, timeline, etc.  :thumbsup
2009 Bourgeois Vintage D
2010 Santa Cruz 000-1929 Sunburst
2009 Martin OM-28V
2009 Larrivée RS-4 – Charcoal Burst
2008 Larrivee A-33 Mandolin
2010 Larrivée Forum IV #19
2009 Larrivée Forum III #72, Spruce/mahogany
2001 Larrivée DO3R

Ukes:
Collings UT1
Ko'olau T-1
KoAloha Super Concert
KoAloha Concert
KoAloha Soprano
Kanilea custom

THESE SEEM TO BE COMMITTED AS OF TODAY

1- Queequeg
2- Ge0ff
3- prof_stack
4- JOYCEfromNS
5- dependan

Randy and a few others have expressed some interest. I'm sure Jim Holler will get 1 or 2 also.

Mark (Queequeg) will have no. 1 on this run. The rest of us will fall into place somehow. :thumbsup

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

You guys are EVIL......sigh

Blue
OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)

Quote from: Frederico on November 23, 2009, 07:48:25 AM
I just ordered a L03R from Jim last week.  Should I have known about this 00-03MT coming I might have order it instead :drool:

Now you guys put me into a difficult position, should I change order or double up?  :blush:
When can I see the complete spec and price? :nana_guitar

Double up Double up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll :thumbsup
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on November 23, 2009, 09:55:48 AM
Double up Double up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll :thumbsup

I echo Blue, you guys are "Evil" :humour:
Larrivee Forum IV
Martin OOO-28VS
Martin D-18GE Sunburst

I would like to say that this has evolved in less than one day from a small special order to being the Forum IV. So I want to say to the Forum members. Please join in the discussion and be involved in the process if you care to.

I would prefer to step back and see the Forum take charge now.

Since Mark (Queequeg) is a moderator and ordering one and Randy always helps us out, I think they would be the best ones to coordinate this and see it all through.

modified; do you know how hard it is for me to not finish what I started? I may never learn to "step back"

Forum IV  already.  Nice.  Keep the economy moving (sort of) along.  Agreed that a 2-week ordering period would be prudent. 

Would a forum mass-emailing be appropriate (hint to mods)?
Play it daily for best results.

Good luck everyone. I think I'm going to enjoy watching this from the sidelines this time. However, if there is another factory tour, I might not be able to stay away.

I have to ask, what's with November? It was last November that the FIII got off the ground.

Best of luck to everyone.

Lynda

PS to anybody who is/could be on the fence...just do it. I jumped on the FIII and off again in two days. I spent all of December going back and forth on the guitar. It seemed that every day, I was on or I was off. Fortunately, my brain caught up and I put down my second deposit on December 31st.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Danny,

I really think you need to take Ricky's place with all the BREAKING NEWS alerts on this one.  :cheers

Not sure if I missed it - what will be the string spacing at the saddle?  2-3/16" ?

Quote from: lyric_girl on November 23, 2009, 11:37:56 AM
Danny,

I really think you need to take Ricky's place with all the BREAKING NEWS alerts on this one.  :cheers
Maybe once or twice. :laughin:
Quote from: noyage on November 23, 2009, 11:40:02 AM
Not sure if I missed it - what will be the string spacing at the saddle?  2-3/16" ?
Unless we hear otherwise it should be.

Quote from: dependan on November 23, 2009, 11:43:34 AM
  Maybe once or twice. :laughin: 

Nope, sorry. If you're jumping on this one too, I think you need to be the one.