F-IV special order 00-03MT by the forum & Trinity Guitars

Started by Danny, November 22, 2009, 03:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quoteone piece mahogany neck with ebony headstock overlay , silver border and pearl logo

Don't the limited ed 00-03s have a rosewood overlay?

Quote from: Denis on November 24, 2009, 09:52:27 AM
Yeah, I need something different from the LS-03 which is really outstanding...all mahogany in a plain jane 00, I wouldn't ask for more....all though it would seem that my wishes from back in 2005 are coming true....I wished Larrivee would make an LS-03...and now I've got one.  I wished they would make a 00-03...and now they're making one...and an all hog one at that.  I should do all my wishing here!

There won't be a bone saddle for me if I can have it shipped directly from Vancouver like the FIII though Dan...
Denis I just saw this post for the first time (or read it correctly anyway)

If you don't get a bone saddle from Jim, I will be sure to make you one and send it to you. If I go to Canada and pick up my 00 there I'll mail it then. But it still seems like everything about our little 00 is up in the air. It may be made in Oxnard, if Oxnard still exists in a month.  What a weird supply of information we are receiving on this one.
       It is ''strange days indeed". I think our mothers warned us "there would be days like this." Or was that just some line from an old Beatles song :whistling:

Jim contacted me last week and said that due to tax issues, Larrivee would be shipping all the guitars to him so I will be getting the set with bone saddle after all.

I figure all this little inconsistencies, the string spacing, overlay...etc.  will all be settled soon enough.  As long as the guitars get built, that's all I really care about.  As long as they are all mh 00's with a 1 3/4" nut...other than that, it doesn't really matter all that much.

I received an email from Jim Holler stating that the guitars will have the normal 2-3/16" string spacing at the saddle.
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Quote from: Randy_R on December 27, 2009, 08:44:55 AM
I received an email from Jim Holler stating that the guitars will have the normal 2-3/16" string spacing at the saddle.
Oh well..

Thanks Randy,

I have updated the Forum IV wiki page to show the 2-3/16" string spacing at the saddle.

Quote from: Randy_R on December 27, 2009, 08:44:55 AM

I'll update the specs. when we start on the next page in this thread.

Here are some pictures of Ed's 00-03 that he just received. We can be fairly certain this will be the same look as our F-IV. Except of course we will have a mahogany top also.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quote from: Denis on December 31, 2009, 10:23:55 AM
:drool:

Well, I'm pretty excited!
Me too, Jim turned in the first order on the 16th for 24 F-IV's. We will have to wait until January 16th to know the total of both orders. Then wait about 12 weeks or so for the build.

Quote from: dependan on December 31, 2009, 10:28:51 AM
  Me too, Jim turned in the first order on the 16th for 24 F-IV's. We will have to wait until January 16th to know the total of both orders. Then wait about 12 weeks or so for the build.

The another few weeks for Jim to get them, set them up and it's 10 days waiting once it's shipped from Trinity...I guess I can hope it arrives by April 23, my birthday?

Just a reminder that orders for the F-IV will end next week.
                                          January 15th.

Specifications for the Forum IV Guitar

00-03 mahogany top
body length ( without neck ) 19 3/8th
Width upper bout 10 1/8th
width lower bout  14 1/8th
depth at butt end of guitar 4 1/4th
depth at neck end of body  3 3/8th
one piece mahogany neck with ebony headstock overlay , silver border and pearl logo
ebony fingerboard
nut width 1 3/4th
2 3/16th* string spacing at bridge                                      
back strip
herringbone rosette
12 fret neck

You must put a 25% deposit down with "Trinity Guitars" to order this one.
                                                       Contact Jim Holler for the price.

Jim Holler, Luthier
Trinity Guitars
800 West Third St
Jamestown, NY 14701
716-665-4490
JimHoller@TrinityGuitars.com
www.trinityguitars.com
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

Have you heard how many are in the January order?
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

I'm betting nowhere near the 24 (or so?) from the December order...because there hasn't been much chatter here lately.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on January 04, 2010, 04:15:03 PM
I'm betting nowhere near the 24 (or so?) from the December order...because there hasn't been much chatter here lately.

I bet we will be fortunate to get to 30 in total BUT HEY that's 30 really happy Forumites!!!!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

After all the flack, I hope someone orders one in the second deadline order :whistling:

Quote from: dependan on January 04, 2010, 04:26:41 PM
   After all the flack, I hope someone orders one in the second deadline order :whistling:

I thought of typing that statement................................... then I thought, no, danny will take care of saying it.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: dependan on January 04, 2010, 04:26:41 PM

Folks - Forumites can't say opportunity was not provided to everyone by Danny and Trinity. Certainly cuts out any potential whining in the future by holding open as it was.  :whistling:
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)