RS4 Electric it looks sweet sounds Awesome What's wrong???

Started by JOYCEfromNS, September 30, 2009, 08:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I just want to encourage all the RS-4 owners to check out the thread on the Larrivee Wikipedia page where you can put in your serial numbers to help develop a database for Larrivee build dates.  I've registered my RS-4, but so far I'm the only one.  While these are recent guitars, it can add to the information database...and register your Larry acoustics while you're there, too!

Here's the thread; there's a link to the Wiki page from here:

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=30194.0

:thumb
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Hi Buddy,

I think someone else also replied with this answer, but there is a lack of sponsorship from Larrivee. This is a good thing, if this is the guitar you love and are not concerned about resale or looking like slash  :tongue:
This also keeps the price in line. PRS was similar to this when they started, then came the artists like Santana, Alex Lifeson etc.

Electric guitars are much more difficult to assign historic attributes unless they are direct copies of particular styles. And as in Acoustics, they become measured against the originals. Acoustic guitars have a rich history on "traditional" construction techniques, tone woods, body styles, and finishes that a person can measure against. The electric guitar is also affected greatly by electronics, amplifiers, effects, etc....and it becomes very difficult to measure the raw tone of the instrument.

Therefore having rambled on about this, the RS4 will be enjoyed by a large number of people who respect Larrivee as a builder of quality instruments.

Quote from: Agasco on January 06, 2010, 02:28:55 PM

Therefore having rambled on about this, the RS4 will be enjoyed by a large number of people who respect Larrivee as a builder of quality instruments.

So are you an RS-4 owner? 

Quote from: Mikeymac on January 06, 2010, 03:33:17 PM
So are you an RS-4 owner? 

No, it is not really for me. I am waiting to see if they release a double cut, something to compete with PRS. I just sold my McCarty, it was awesome...but I wanted to have an archtop hollow body, and bought an ES339 Gibson.

I would like to see a Larrivee double cut, arched top solid body with humbuckers, and P90 equipped mahogany guitar...the electric version of an 3 series. Either of these and I would be hooked.

I just pulled the trigger on an OM-9 last night........impatiently wainting for the courier to arrive   :thumbsup

Time to add another owner to our list, who had slipped through the cracks unnoticed - which is odd since he has a radio show in Nashville and has intervied Jean Larrivee on his show! So I'm adding musicrowscott to our list of owners:

ducktrapper - amber burst
Walkerman - amber burst
GoldTopRocks - goldtop
LawDogStrgsAttach - amber burst (but 'For Sale' see For Sale Forum)
photomat - cherry burst
robwms - white
teacycle - tobacco sunburst
scdreger - charcoal burst
JoycefromNS - charcoal burst AND rootbeer burst
Jetstar7 - charcoal burst
fritferret - amber burst AND tobacco sunburst
mikeymac - rootbeer burst
butao - tobacco sunburst
Ge0ff - tobacco sunburst
musicrowscott - rootbeer burst

I'm hoping he'll check out this thread and give us his impressions of the RS-4, and tell us if he's had any Nashville cats play his guitar, and what they thought about it!

I was ready to buy a RS-4 but since no dealer is carrying one in stock, I bought a Gibson LP Standard instead. I am reluctant in buying a guitar without trying it first. I have small hands so I was scared with the Larrivee RS-4. Maybe next time around.

Quote from: Symtex on January 18, 2010, 01:07:32 PM
I was ready to buy a RS-4 but since no dealer is carrying one in stock, I bought a Gibson LP Standard instead. I am reluctant in buying a guitar without trying it first. I have small hands so I was scared with the Larrivee RS-4. Maybe next time around.

DEALERS please take note - this is one awesome electric guitar!!!!!!!

Symtex please let us know when you have the opportunity to try one - maybe when travelling. Hope you luv your LP
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: JOYCEfromNS on January 18, 2010, 01:46:45 PM
DEALERS please take note - this is one awesome electric guitar!!!!!!!

Symtex please let us know when you have the opportunity to try one - maybe when travelling. Hope you luv your LP

I absolutely love my LP. The only problem is my skill is not matching the guitar's potential.

Quote from: Symtex on January 18, 2010, 02:03:01 PM
I absolutely love my LP. The only problem is my skill is not matching the guitar's potential.

Well then, thank God you didn't waste an RS-4's time...

:humour: (I keed, I keed!)

For those that remember, I was deciding on an amp for my RS4. I went with the Fender Princeton Reverb reissue. I am very happy with it. Love those spanky Fender clean tones, and the reverb unit is excellent!! I am using it with a xotic effects BB preamp, and a vox wah pedal. I am loving the sounds so far.  :nana_guitar
2009 Bourgeois Vintage D
2010 Santa Cruz 000-1929 Sunburst
2009 Martin OM-28V
2009 Larrivée RS-4 – Charcoal Burst
2008 Larrivee A-33 Mandolin
2010 Larrivée Forum IV #19
2009 Larrivée Forum III #72, Spruce/mahogany
2001 Larrivée DO3R

Ukes:
Collings UT1
Ko'olau T-1
KoAloha Super Concert
KoAloha Concert
KoAloha Soprano
Kanilea custom

Quote from: Mikeymac on January 18, 2010, 02:14:47 PM
Well then, thank God you didn't waste an RS-4's time...

:humour: (I keed, I keed!)

I wasted my Lv-03E's time so much...I am only saying to the RS-4, maybe next time.

Quote from: scdreger on January 19, 2010, 11:44:46 PM
For those that remember, I was deciding on an amp for my RS4. I went with the Fender Princeton Reverb reissue. I am very happy with it. Love those spanky Fender clean tones, and the reverb unit is excellent!! I am using it with a xotic effects BB preamp, and a vox wah pedal. I am loving the sounds so far.  :nana_guitar

I've heard lots of good things about that amp, although I confess I haven't played a reissue...I'm not tempted right now cuz I'm so happy with my current gear...only the RS-4/P90 is on my list...

Quote from: Mikeymac on January 20, 2010, 07:27:59 PM
...only the RS-4/P90 is on my list...

I know what you mean friend I can't sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

OM-03R 2008 Twelfth Fret SE 5/12
LSV-03R 2009 Forum III 55/78

Quote from: Stephen Basil on January 20, 2010, 09:32:43 PM
Here's a nice demo of said guitar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sy-OLrKA-w&feature=rec-r2-2r-1-HM

Thanks Stephen, is some sweet isn't it. And the guitar just feels so right. Those in the video are the Humbuckers, Larrivee also makes the RS4 with the P90's pickup, Oh GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:nice guitar:

Quote from: Stephen Basil on January 20, 2010, 09:32:43 PM
Here's a nice demo of said guitar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sy-OLrKA-w&feature=rec-r2-2r-1-HM

Stephen,

That's a good video demo - I've watched it several times. But it's the humbucker version of the guitar (which I do have - in rootbeer burst) - we're talking about the new version that has P-90 pickups in it. No one has seen one in person yet, at least that has been posted here on the forum. Several of us like our bucker version so much, we also want a P-90 version!

EDITED TO ADD: I must be really tired (long day) - I just saw JOYCEfromNS's post, which says essentially the same thing as mine - sorry!