Have any of you sold your Larrivee, only to regret it?

Started by doctor_gogol, November 13, 2009, 01:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I should not have sold my old D-03r. Bought a few more expensive ones from other makers after that and they were not any better.
L-03 Italian Spruce

I bought a D-50 about two years ago and sold it about a year ago.

I regretted it immediately, so I looked on eBay and classified every day. Two weeks ago, I found a great deal and bought another D-50.

Jim

I've sold several of mine (OM-01, D-05e, L-03 12 string, rosewood parlor) and didn't make or lose any money on the sales. So far, I haven't regretted letting go of any of them. But that said... I have way too many guitars right now and would be hard-pressed to decide which to sell because I wouldn't want to have seller's remorse - particularly right now when prices are so dismally low.

dg

I've sold many Larrivees that I miss...the P-03MT, LSV-05, L-03...the OO-50! 

But right now, my FIII is all the guitar I need.  It's my only guitar right now and has been for a few months...not missing any of the guitars that are gone...gotta like that!

:crying: Sold my L-05 March 15 /08 .At the time I thought it was a good move.Sold it to a good friend and it has been torture everytime I pick it up again ( I know,no need to coment) :wacko:
:nana_guitar Bought my L-05 SBT Nov 9/09."It's good to be back" :cheers
Gibson J-45 TV
Martin D-18
Martin OM-21

Quote from: robw95 on November 14, 2009, 07:25:25 AM

This thread hits home with me. I probably would have been a much better player if I put the time into practicing/playing that I do in looking for guitars, I'd be on tour with Clapton.

Rob

ROB--that hits home for so many of us...if we practiced as much as we GASSED for another guitar, we absolutely would be better players...not quite ready for touring with Clapton, but we can DREAM.
:humour:
Larrivee 000-60
Martin 000-28 VS
Guild Mark II
Alvarez Yairi CY 127 CE
Alvarez Yairi CY 140 CE
Two cats who like my playing

I sold a Larrivee I didn't bond with - even though it was a beautiful LV-09 - and replaced it with a D-03R, which fits me like a glove (having played dreads since I first started playing). 

Ironically, the D-03R was my first all solid wood dreadnaught, even though dreads have been the acoustic model I've played most for 35 years!

I'll NEVER sell my first Larrivee, a '92 OM-05 that I custom ordered (it is standard except for no inlays in the fingerboard). Around 17 years old and getting better all the time!
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

I sold a DO3 and replaced with a DO3R.No regrets.Wasn't it Edith Piaf that sang the ultimate "No Regrets" song?
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

If we are talking about ones we "miss".
LV-03R
LSV-11E + LSV-11
00-09 FM
D-03E MT  (yup, I sold it)
          I can't say I miss the parlors, or the D-09e

But I have a very nice LS-03 MH/IS 12 fret F-III and others to keep me from too much remorse.

Hated to lose the D-03R,  but it helped me get a Larrivee that was better (for me). My L-03RE was like the Seagull 12-string I sold: I know it's a good instrument, but I always seem to be playing something else. And while I'm not much of a player, I'm not a collector. I won't keep something just because it's good, it's got to be something I want to play all the time. The money from the L funded my current Larrivee parlor, which will never be my main instrument but offers convenience and portability. If I got a bigger office, I'd consider trading the parlor for something a little bigger, but never the 90s D-50. For me, my two Larrivee dreads have had the most appeal, even though I traded one for the other. We lefties have to be especially careful, since good opportunities aren't always there.

I will likey regret recently selling the SD-50 I bought earlier this year. The regret will come the first time I need that 12 fret combo of sweetness and power. If not for my financial situation, it would never have happened. Thankfully I have an amazing D-09 that I hope will function as a GAS killer.
Mark from Wis.
Guild D-35
2004 Larrivee D-09

Martin LXK2
Epiphone Elitist '61 Reissue EB3 (for Sale!)
Birdsong Skyrider custom bass.

Uncle Rob's OM-03BW came from me and I was unwise to have let it go. I've come to the conclusion that the symmetrical bracing and the OM body produce the sound I hear in my head. Now I'll have to save up and track down a keeper. The upside is that I know it's not going to be outrageously expensive.

M