Larrivee Guitar Players

Started by PCT57, November 06, 2009, 05:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

In the early days, Bryan Adams' band used Larrivee electrics. At the end of this video you can clearly see a Larrivee bass (I had one just like it). I'm not sure if Keith Scott is playing a Larrivee as well:

Summer of '69
Larrivee L-03
Larrivee P-03
Gretsch 6120
Gibson ES-335
Fender Stratocaster

Quote from: KYPicker on May 03, 2010, 08:25:01 PM
Singer/ Songwriter John Gorka played Larrivee guitars for several years. In fact he is holding one on one of his album covers. However, when I saw him in concert earlier this year he played a road worn Martin OM for the whole night.

That was an L-10, I believe.  He also played a Larrivee 12 string. The only time I saw that was on Austin City Limits in the early 1990's.

I've seen John Hiatt play Larrivees, 6 and 12 string.

Quote from: PCT57 on July 29, 2010, 04:28:32 PM
Here's a Candyrat artist - Justin Taylor. There are a few videos on here:

http://www.youtube.com/candyrat#p/c/F3D76A9863C169B3/3/UefKySy0EY8

Enjoy

Hmmm.  So Taylor plays a Larrivee?    :winkin:

Everlast plays a D-10 with a nice headstock inlay and some other optical extras...

see here
Cheers,
Ben

'10 D-02MH

www.benhermanski.com

Quote from: BluesMan1 on April 11, 2010, 05:00:06 PM
    And is that kid the new B. Cockburn? No. New kid on the block that sings like a girl? Yes!!   
Jeff

I would equate Justin Beber more like the next Paul Anka in terms of how popular he is with the teeny boppers.  Not in talent, mind you, just in how he gets the same reaction as Anka did (screaming girls).

Kurt
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

Here is a video of Meiko - a female singer/songwriter who was featured on Taylor's Hotel Café Tour. In this video she is playing what I think to be a D-09.

See here on youtube
Cheers,
Ben

'10 D-02MH

www.benhermanski.com