Customer Service still exist?

Started by philsing, October 27, 2009, 03:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No Rev don't go I think they can play nice........

:humour:
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: unclrob on October 29, 2009, 04:05:24 PM
No Rev don't go I think they can play nice........

:humour:
If they will put away the pointy sticks... :mad:

Quote from: philsing on October 27, 2009, 03:51:46 PM
I had a problem with one of the tuners on my parlor 09. After several tries, I finally got a response from one of the customer service reps. That was two weeks ago. No luck reaching anybody since then. Tried calling but the inbox for the rep was full, which seems a little ominous. Emails go unanswered.
Anyone having any luck reaching anyone? If so, what's the trick?

So, after 4 pages, Philsing, please PM me. I replaced the stock Chrome Pings with Gotoh SG360's on my P-09 and I would be more than happy to mail you one of the Pings off my guitar, free of charge.

Jimmy

PS. You boys play nice!!!!!!! REALLY
The kids:
Eastman Pagelli PG2 archtop
Kremona Fandango FG630CW
Landau Parlor
Pono 0000-30SP
Ramsay Classical
Neil Gardiner Parlor
Neil Gardiner Concert
Gretsch 6120-1959TV
Darren Hippner Flamenco

and the ukes:
Kanilea K3 Koa Super Concert
Kanilea K1 Tenor Custom (Claro Walnut)
Kanilea K1 Tenor Custom (Koa)
Mainland Tenor
Willie W

Quote from: GA-ME on October 29, 2009, 01:31:06 PM
Not to sharp it seems. There is a difference between Authorized dealer, and Authorized service center. Larrivee has one Authorized service center in this country, apparently right down the street from you. To my knowledge, no other facility is permitted to perform warranty work. Now, if they have changed this feel free to educate me. It would be nice if they adopted the Authorized service center model of Martin or that pesky Ford Corporation you spoke of earlier.

Are you trying to tell us all that the person who started this thread couldn't go to where he bought it, or email them if it was an on line dealer, and arrange to get a tuner button changed out, or even a "whole" tuner?
Would you send a guitar to Oxnard to have a tuner changed?  Get real.  I think you still are upset that they didn't agree that you needed a neck reset.

Why dont you two guys just PM each other? Then you can go for it in private. Go on, just let it rip.  :rolleye:

Cheers to you both. Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Quote from: obe-wan on October 29, 2009, 06:53:56 PM
Why dont you two guys just PM each other? Then you can go for it in private. Go on, just let it rip.  :rolleye:

Not quite as manly as meeting in an alley to settle it.
L-03 Italian Spruce

Quote from: hadden on October 29, 2009, 09:20:30 PM
Not quite as manly as meeting in an alley to settle it.

Or as Gentlemanly as pistols at dawn.  :wacko:

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Better yet high E strings at 16".First one to get there eye polked loses.

Ready Gents____________________start stabbin. :winkin:
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

:wacko:
...A couple of beautiful guitars...

Not all those who wander are lost ...
http://denmankayaks.wordpress.com/

Yup

When Brian was there, you'd get emails back within the hour.  I sent an email a while back as the handle on my case fell off while I was carrying it.  It took 2 weeks before I received a reply but Matthew got me the information I needed.  So I am guessing like said it is down to the family handling the majority of customer service.  Regardless I wouldn't trade my L-09 for any other guitar. 

Customer Service or no customer service they are the best guitars on the planet period!!!!! And isn't that really what we love and want???
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Quote from: jimmyb on October 29, 2009, 05:08:54 PM
So, after 4 pages, Philsing, please PM me. I replaced the stock Chrome Pings with Gotoh SG360's on my P-09 and I would be more than happy to mail you one of the Pings off my guitar, free of charge.

Jimmy

There you have it the second offer for a free set of machines from forum members, one from me and now one from Jimmy. Please accept one of these offers and get on to playing your great guitar. Talk about GREAT support!!!!!!!!  Gotta love this group.
Jim Holler
Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com

Quote from: jimmyb on October 29, 2009, 05:08:54 PM

Jimmy

Not real sure how to get your email, actually, but mine's singer at sover dot net, and I'd love to take you up on your amazingly generous offer.

Quote from: Walkerman on October 29, 2009, 05:15:33 PM
Are you trying to tell us all that the person who started this thread couldn't go to where he bought it, or email them if it was an on line dealer, and arrange to get a tuner button changed out, or even a "whole" tuner?
Would you send a guitar to Oxnard to have a tuner changed?  Get real.  I think you still are upset that they didn't agree that you needed a neck reset.

The person who innocently started this thread was only looking for an answer, not a lot of really testy scolding.
The person who started this thread, that is, me, went to his dealer first, just as I keep hearing over and over, and the dealer had no luck reaching them at Larrivee.  All I was after was one silly little tuner button, not the tuner itself, and the dealer had nothing in stock that would fit it. That's where all this started. I got tired of waiting and tried to reach them myself. I even bought a set through StewMac that looked right but did not fit correctly.
Just to get this straight--I didn't want anything from Larrivee but information. The question was simple, Will the button for a Schaller Mini fit my instrument? Pretty demanding request, eh?
Just by comparison, I recently DELIBERATELY went around a dealer (different dealer) for some advice on how to handle a finish problem on my Bourgeois OMS. They wrote me back the same day, very helpful. They stood behind their product.
This is my third Larrivee. I have played them and loved them for years, and I really hope they can turn their customer service around. It leaves a bad taste.

Quote from: philsing on November 01, 2009, 02:56:26 PM
Not real sure how to get your email, actually, but mine's singer at sover dot net, and I'd love to take you up on your amazingly generous offer.

Phil,
I sent you an email.

Jimmy
The kids:
Eastman Pagelli PG2 archtop
Kremona Fandango FG630CW
Landau Parlor
Pono 0000-30SP
Ramsay Classical
Neil Gardiner Parlor
Neil Gardiner Concert
Gretsch 6120-1959TV
Darren Hippner Flamenco

and the ukes:
Kanilea K3 Koa Super Concert
Kanilea K1 Tenor Custom (Claro Walnut)
Kanilea K1 Tenor Custom (Koa)
Mainland Tenor
Willie W

Quote from: philsing on November 01, 2009, 03:23:37 PM
The person who innocently started this thread was only looking for an answer, not a lot of really testy scolding.
The person who started this thread, that is, me, went to his dealer first, just as I keep hearing over and over, and the dealer had no luck reaching them at Larrivee.  All I was after was one silly little tuner button, not the tuner itself, and the dealer had nothing in stock that would fit it. That's where all this started. I got tired of waiting and tried to reach them myself. I even bought a set through StewMac that looked right but did not fit correctly.
Just to get this straight--I didn't want anything from Larrivee but information. The question was simple, Will the button for a Schaller Mini fit my instrument? Pretty demanding request, eh?
Just by comparison, I recently DELIBERATELY went around a dealer (different dealer) for some advice on how to handle a finish problem on my Bourgeois OMS. They wrote me back the same day, very helpful. They stood behind their product.
This is my third Larrivee. I have played them and loved them for years, and I really hope they can turn their customer service around. It leaves a bad taste.

Gday Phil.

I hope this little conversation on our beloved forum hasnt also left a bad taste in your mouth. After only 7 posts you had the unfortunate luck of having a couple of our members using your thread as a platform for a bit of biffo. Obviously this is 99.9% of the time not the usual thing that happens here.  I hope (it looks like you have) you got the help and info you were after and I look forward to your future posts.  :thumbsup

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.