kustom sienna 35 acoustic amp

Started by rising1000, October 18, 2009, 08:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anyone have this amp?
what it like?
what does all the effects do I have heard what a chorus does , and reverb
but this has a  "8 24 bit digital effects"

http://www.kustom.com/product_detail.aspx?TypeID=5&FamilyID=74&ProductID=85&Tab=2

thinking of getting one

thks
norman b 30
larrivee 09 rosewood
larrivee o3 m
ca cargo raw
kustom 35 keyboard amp

I personally really like Kustom amps. I currently own 3. My son plays a Yamaha electric violin through a Kustom Sienna 35 and it sounds great. He doesn't really use the effects on the amp though because he has a Zoom G1X multi-effects pedal in line just like an electric guitar set up. With the pedal he can switch between effects quicker, has a wah pedal and has more effects to choose from. He has had the Kustom Sienna 35 for about 16 months now and it has performed extremely well with no issues. And since he is a teenager, he pushes it as hard as he can (just ask the neighbors). For myself I have a Kustom HV35 (for portability) and my go to amp is a Kustom HV65. Both of them have a wide selection of effects but I depend on a Digitech RP355 multi-effects prdal that I have in line so I really don't use the amps effects. Bottom line: The Kustom amps that I have in my family have performed flawlessly, they sound great and appear to be of high quality. As far as effects go, have fun with them. Effects add a different flavor to whatever you play.

I have the Sienna 35 and it's a pretty nice sounding amp.  The "8 24 bit effects" consist of 4 different types of chorus and 4 different types of reverb.  The best thing is to read the manual that is listed on the Kustom page to see what it does.  There are (or used to be) a few videos on You Tube that demoed the Sienna 35.

Rising1000--

I have a Kustom KAA30 which I believe is a previous version more or less of the amp you refer to.  I've never had a problem with it; it seems very well made.  I'd consider selling it since I've hardly used it especially now that I have a Fishman SoloAmp.  Someone more versed in ampspeak, specifically Kustom brand, would be better able to compare mine to the current model.  By the way, I sent you a PM.

DAVE 
-Larrivee LSV11e (sadly sold))
-Lowden S10c
-Taylor 455ce L7
-Guild D40 (donated to science due to terminal      Onthevergeofimplosionitis)
-Brian Fry Custim 000 in the works

I had a Sienna 30 for a while, it was a great sounding amp, good amount of power and had a line out feature so you could use the amp as foldback live and run it out to the house PA. Its tone was the best in the price range by far in my opinion. The only thing that I didnt like is the controls are at the back of the amp and face the wrong way a-la 50's Fender, which I found annoying having to lean over the amp when it was on a stand on stage. I even toyed with the idea of taking out the speaker and chassis and making up a cab so the controls face forward. But I am a tinkerer....

Not bad to sing through at a jam either. Its no PA, but it gets the job done.

You can see it in this pic to my left. This particular night I also used it as a Harp amp. Sounded cool!

Buy it. You cant go wrong.  :wink:

Cheers, Scott.
Martin OM-21. 
Gibson SG Special.
Schertler David.
Achillies 5F2A Princeton.

Victoria, Australia.