Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peavey Active Direct interface  (Read 687 times)
webberink

Ignore
« on: October 10, 2009, 06:05:45 PM »

So I just added a Peavey Active Direct Interface to my Peavey portable PA system.  I have been running all my acoustic guitars through a Fishman Model G Preamp and have been pretty happy with it and the acoustic sound it facilitates.  I needed another DI box so I picked up the Peavey ADI-C on the recommendation of a friend and my gosh what a difference.  It has a built in compressor threshold control and noise gate threshold control and is powered by 48V phantom power from the Amp/Soundboard.  With just a little compression and noise gate dialed in, my gosh I have never had such tremendous acoustic reproduction with both my Fishman and LR Baggs equipped guitars.  It is the best 60 bucks I have spent outside of a guitar body.  Anyone else have similar experience?  I guess you are never to old to learn!
Dave

I love those older Canadian made Larrivees!
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 06:32:17 PM »

And everyone say's Peavey only makes junk............ welcome

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
webberink

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 09:58:12 PM »

When it comes to electronics, junk can be found with anyone's name on it.  IMHO though, this little Peavey ADI is amazing.  I used it on a Coffeehouse stage set up last Friday night, one that I both play on and manage.  We ran a whole variety of guitars through it, from passive electrics through to a whole bunch of acoustics and it was great.  The acoustics really responded to the compression and noise gate modulation.  It's worth a try.
Dave

I love those older Canadian made Larrivees!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: