Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Place to Be on a forum III - I am a poet and I didn't know it, lol!  (Read 2196 times)
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2009, 08:16:10 PM »

ah, the dreaded brock.  Wee =@$%"£s.  Giant vermin that the authorities deem fit to protect at all costs.  Vicious as well! mad

Council will fix the road, Should be finished by the turn of the next century!

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
GA-ME
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2009, 08:24:36 PM »

Ben very nice. Everytime you do a Drake song it gets me all wistful and thinking of being in love with a lovely Czech woman and whiling the hours away with Pinot Nior and a Drake tune or ten! Perhaps, it is time to give some of these a go..........................................
Denis
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2009, 09:18:14 PM »

Ben very nice. Everytime you do a Drake song it gets me all wistful and thinking of being in love with a lovely Czech woman and whiling the hours away with Pinot Nior and a Drake tune or ten! Perhaps, it is time to give some of these a go..........................................

yeah, yeah...a copy of pink moon and a rainy night...well, not raining for Ben....

hatofthecat

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2009, 02:38:18 PM »

a copy of pink moon and a rainy night...

I actually cycled thru Nick Drake's home village of Tamworth in Arden on a mega 100+ mile day ride on my bike over the summer and had my lunch under a tree listening to Pink Moon on my mp3 player.... very surreal.  Found myself whistling the tunes as I pedalled the 50 mile stretch home again in lowering sun. Nice day 

I've also got some more Nick Drake fingerstyle tabs:

"Far Leys" an unreleased instrumental, lovely played version of it on Youtube by user dw94702.  I have my version plus also a copy as played by dw94702 that he sent me and I re-transcribed.

"Day is Done" from his first album Five Leaves Left

Pete

1992 Larrivée L-09 Koa
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2009, 01:46:13 PM »

Great guitar work and singing Ben, keep up the good work.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2009, 02:00:36 PM »

"Far Leys" an unreleased instrumental, lovely played version of it on Youtube by user dw94702.  I have my version plus also a copy as played by dw94702 that he sent me and I re-transcribed.

That video is brilliant, he's darn good!  It was one of the first Nick Drake videos I watched and got me into his music.

Great guitar work and singing Ben, keep up the good work.

Thank you Roger, very kind.

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: