Anyone know of Chuck Mitchell?

Started by ffinke, October 30, 2009, 11:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

This is going back a while but in the late 60s I was a fan of a folk singer by the name of Chuck Mitchell, Joni Mitchell's first (only?) husband. Apparently he started in Detroit where he an Joni met and married and my haunt in the 60s was The Vanguard Coffee House in Kansas City, MO where he stopped in occassionally.

I remember he played a Guild (jumbo, I think) and he was kind enough to give me the words to a song he did called "Let's Get Together" (Come on people now, smile on your brother...) before it was a big hit by a group I don't even remember.

With the advent of computers and "Google" I've looked for him without success but I was reading the thread about Yair Yona and somehow got to Wikipedia entry for Takoma Records (John Fahey, Leo Kottke, etc.) and noticed that in 1973 the president was "Charlie Mitchell". When I googled that name I came up with sports figures which I don't believe are related.

Has anyone ever heard of Chuck Mitchell? I thought, at one time, I had heard he went to jail on drug charges but that was unconfirmed. Any help would be appreciated.

fred
Larrivee L-03 w/Gotoh 381 tuners (African Mahogany/Sitka)
Collings OM2Hc (EIR/Sitka)
Schenk Ophirio (Sapele/Cedar)
Bourgeois 00 Custom (Mahogany/It. Spruce)

Ron,
Thanks so much. I don't know why I couldn't find him and I really thought I was losing it. But now I'm able to reconnect with my past.

Thanks again.

fred :thumb
Larrivee L-03 w/Gotoh 381 tuners (African Mahogany/Sitka)
Collings OM2Hc (EIR/Sitka)
Schenk Ophirio (Sapele/Cedar)
Bourgeois 00 Custom (Mahogany/It. Spruce)