Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RS4 Electric it looks sweet sounds Awesome What's wrong???  (Read 23322 times)
photomat

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2009, 06:12:28 PM »

Hey...hint...ebay......now.....

They really are great electrics.  My Faded Cherry Burst comes in at just over 8 lbs.  I have a couple of Les Pauls to compare them to, and these really have to be the best value in an electric LP guitar.  The maple top is amazing to look at, and when we took the larrivee tour in BC, there was a stack of mahogany bodies, John said they save the lightest mahogany for their electrics.  The guitar just sings, even not plugged in.

FIII M/IS
L-80 Presentation 12-String
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2009, 08:52:40 PM »

I could show a picture of mine but if it showed up besides Steve's wall, it would look exactly the same so I won't. Oh ... how about just the back? As usual, clic the pic to enlarge.   

GeeNorm

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2009, 11:04:16 PM »

Don't look at that link from Lawn Jockey, Joyce!!

It is a certified honey pot trap for Larrivee Poo bears like me.  If I ever get another job I'll let Ducktrapper tell me why I need one.  nice guitar

Norman

Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}
GoldTopsRock

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2009, 02:03:46 AM »

Did you guys see the white RS4 that Guitar Adoptions had? SWEEEEET!
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2009, 12:30:16 PM »

Did you guys see the white RS4 that Guitar Adoptions had? SWEEEEET!

White? I'd love to see it. Got a link?
GoldTopsRock

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2009, 05:43:48 PM »

You can see it at Guitar Adoptions. http://www.guitaradoptions.com/larrivee-rs-4-electric-guitar-in-arctic-white.html
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2009, 07:12:57 PM »

Ah! Perfect! I was thinking if the back of the neck ain't white and the knobs ain't black, I'll hate it. An ebony fingerboard would be ideal but I can't tell from looking at those pictures.   +1
robwms

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2009, 04:33:59 AM »

I'm the proud owner of that sweet white guitar - it is spectacular!
(The fretboard is Indian Rosewood, ducktrapper.)

This is my first post although I've been lurking here for nearly two years. After I get some more posts under my belt, I'll post a picture or two.

I'm looking for a good guitar tech here in the DC area, my D-05 needs a little attention. Anyone have a recommendation?

Rob

Larrivee D-05
Larrivee RS-4 Custom (Arctic White)
GoldTopsRock

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2009, 05:14:24 AM »

Rob - You lucky dog you! Is there a story behind the Arctic White edition? How many were produced? Do me a favor - if you ever get tired of it  - NOTIFY ME!  nice guitar
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2009, 02:48:39 PM »

Congrats Rob! And not to worry, the lack of ebony merely brings it down from a 10.5 to a 10.  nice guitar
robwms

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2009, 04:41:54 PM »

According to Dave at Guitar Adoptions, it's a one of a kind, made especially for him. He was selling it because he "rarely gets to play, too many guitars, too little time." My good fortune! I had been shopping for an RS-4 and was leaning towards the gold top. But when I saw the white one my jaw just dropped. It truly is a work of art.

When I mailed in the registration, I asked for some history but I haven't heard anything back yet. (It's been about two months or so.)

I think it will be a long, long time before I get tired of it!

Rob

Larrivee D-05
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2009, 06:59:41 PM »

Not to be a party-pooper, but Dave told me the gold one that was heading his site was made for him & would never part with it. The white one might be the same story. He's a great saleman, but in the end, who comes out on top? In my eyes, you! Never saw a white one before? If it's all he says it is, grab it! Esp. if he's saying it's a custom one. If true, you'll have one hell of a guitar!
     Jeff   

'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true
robwms

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2009, 10:00:37 PM »

Bluesman, I guess you missed my earlier post, but I took your advice and grabbed it - a couple of months ago! For sure, it's a hell of a guitar.

Rob

Larrivee D-05
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2009, 06:31:08 PM »

So...I haven't been to this forum in around 6 months, and I come back and what do I see? This thread about the gorgeous RS-4!!! I've wanted one of these since they were announced, and I'm still gassin' for one.  Thanks a lot, you guys!!

crying mad

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 D-03 w/Italian Spruce top
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2013 C-10 Italian Spruce/Silver Oak
teacycle

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2009, 06:44:07 AM »

First post here after purchasing my first Larrivee. Funny thing guitars arn't they.
I walk into L&M looking for a new tube amp, not to buy mind you just looking. I've been playing since 1979 and own a few strats and hollow bodies. I have owned, traded and sold many guitars over the years.
A child was born, work became hectic and the guitar was put aside.
Fast forward to 2009 and there I am in L&M with this beautiful guitar in front of me. A Tobacco Sunburst Larrivee RS4.
I pick it up, strum a few chords and am overwhelmed by the symphonic like quality of its tone as it humms craddled within my arms.
Then I plug it in and I'm hooked. The tone does me in and I'm a few thousand dollars poorer.
The flatness of the neck is still an adjustment for me but the sound of this instrutment and its versatility of tone ensure I will never regret this purchase.
And I wasn't even thinking about buying another guitar.
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2009, 08:13:46 PM »

First post here after purchasing my first Larrivee. Funny thing guitars arn't they.
I walk into L&M looking for a new tube amp, not to buy mind you just looking. I've been playing since 1979 and own a few strats and hollow bodies. I have owned, traded and sold many guitars over the years.
A child was born, work became hectic and the guitar was put aside.
Fast forward to 2009 and there I am in L&M with this beautiful guitar in front of me. A Tobacco Sunburst Larrivee RS4.
I pick it up, strum a few chords and am overwhelmed by the symphonic like quality of its tone as it humms craddled within my arms.
Then I plug it in and I'm hooked. The tone does me in and I'm a few thousand dollars poorer.
The flatness of the neck is still an adjustment for me but the sound of this instrutment and its versatility of tone ensure I will never regret this purchase.
And I wasn't even thinking about buying another guitar.

Thanks for your review! Please say more as you spend more time with it at home (and if you play out). 

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a sunburst lefty...  rolleye

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
jeremy3220
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2009, 12:12:01 AM »

Is it because it doesn't say Les Paul on it?

Yes

Tycho
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2009, 03:04:16 AM »

Also as mentioned EVERYONE is making a LPish guitar.I've played the Larrivee and I have never been a fan of humbucker pickups and even owned a real 59 LP at one point but I can say that the feel is much nicer then most of the clone's out there now.I should look at a P90ed RS4.

Unclrob, that's the sort of statement that can make grown men weep!

If I were in the market for an LP-style guitar, I would look very seriously at the RS-4.  I've played a couple and they feel and sound great.  But I've already got two LPs (well, actually one is a replica) that I don't want to get rid of.

D-03RE
D-03-12

...and several other guitars.
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2009, 03:09:12 AM »

Hey...hint...ebay......now.....

They really are great electrics.  My Faded Cherry Burst comes in at just over 8 lbs.  I have a couple of Les Pauls to compare them to, and these really have to be the best value in an electric LP guitar.  The maple top is amazing to look at, and when we took the larrivee tour in BC, there was a stack of mahogany bodies, John said they save the lightest mahogany for their electrics.  The guitar just sings, even not plugged in.

You've got to say more about the plugged in tone - why are you torturing us!?!?!?  crying

And recalling unclrob's comments about the newer P-90 version; I now have a reason to own two of these...so close to buying the bucker version, maybe early next week...  drool

1979 L-19
1992 OM-05    
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
Miata13

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2009, 06:42:16 PM »

O.k.....I've been thinking about adding an electric to my four acoustics...and I prefer mellow tones..no shredding for me..hurts my ears!....

So if I saved my $$$$, would this be worthy of consideraton?  I've tried several Les Pauls and that body style "fits me".

Electric novice here and I don't see anything on Larrivee site about 2 verions; e.g. humbucker and P-90...what would be the tone difference and what would you see more applicable to softer rock/follk/jazz music?

Thanks for your insights..donuts to all !  ( you all need a bit of dessert after the turkey n fixin's right? ) 

LS-30
Butterscotch Bakersfield HB Rosewood
OO 05 Custom
P-03 All Koa
P-03 Sitka/Rosewood
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: