Pages: 1 ... 233 [234]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you a thread ender?  (Read 540474 times)
ryler
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4660 on: October 17, 2020, 02:03:22 PM »

Happy weekend, everyone.  It's sunny and sorta cold here in the northeast U.S.  Beautiful day out.  How's everyone's guitar playing?  Getting a lot of hours in?  As for me, not so much.  I'm hoping to swing  back into playing routines, um, someday.  It's amazing how easily discouraged I get lately.  Just wanted to say hi to you all.
ST
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4661 on: October 17, 2020, 06:51:54 PM »

Hi, ryler.

It's rainy and chilly (Pacific Northwest winter). I did my 16 kilometer (10 mile) walk from 5:30-7:30 am and it was cool with a light breeze and only light precipitation.  I do that every day.

Lots of (electric) guitar time lately. I've acquired some terrific gear that works well at low volume. I can play as loud as I want here, but it's fine to play at living room volume and save my ears.

I miss playing out. Having gigs has always been a great motivation to play at home, but I'm managing to play daily anyway. There's more time to focus on new skills these days.

"Getting a lot of hours in?"

I'm sorry you're not playing much.

My daily goal is to dedicate some time to playing: not a specified amount - but just to do it. Once I get started, the hours come naturally.

Stay well!

ryler
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4662 on: October 18, 2020, 12:40:14 AM »

ST--you walk 10 miles every day?  Impressive.  I feel so good when I get out in nature.  The foliage is doing its New England thing here, and with some temperate sunny days, it's been great outside.  I'm good for a 2-3 hour walk around one of the most beautiful reservoirs in my area, but I'd be quite surprised if that equaled 10 miles.  Some of that walk time is quick-paced, others leisurely, but not every day, either.

Glad to hear that the new gear is pleasing and that you're playing.  "Some" time dedicated to playing would be the smartest goal for me at this point.  I'll try it on for size.
Pages: 1 ... 233 [234]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: