Pages: 1 ... 232 [233]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you a thread ender?  (Read 540224 times)
Queequeg
Admin

« Reply #4640 on: May 05, 2020, 09:09:02 AM »

How does that sand compare to ours?
The sand such as you see in the photograph above is a very smooth sand. Much different from what we find around the Great Lakes. Saudi Arabia has been known to purchase sand from far off places for construction, with a higher mineral content and more grit. As you know, the Sahara is simply vast. It’s not all dunes like this. We covered miles of hard scape and salt flats, too.
I always liked the sand on the gulf coast of Florida around Sarasota. There’s a beautiful well-known beach there at Siesta Key. Smooth, like powdered sugar, and never heats up. The sand is made of quartz. You can walk on that sand in mid day with bare feet and not get burned.
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4641 on: May 06, 2020, 08:11:43 PM »

I always liked the sand on the gulf coast of Florida around Sarasota. There’s a beautiful well-known beach there at Siesta Key. Smooth, like powdered sugar, and never heats up. The sand is made of quartz. You can walk on that sand in mid day with bare feet and not get burned.

Now that sounds like my kind of sand.  I remember many a run to the water from the bath house feeling like I was walking on coals. The bright white beach sand is so stunning against the blue waters.
Maybe someday I'll take a walk in the Sahara.
BTW, is that you in the center of the picture?

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
Queequeg
Admin

« Reply #4642 on: May 06, 2020, 09:05:36 PM »

Now that sounds like my kind of sand.  I remember many a run to the water from the bath house feeling like I was walking on coals. The bright white beach sand is so stunning against the blue waters.
Maybe someday I'll take a walk in the Sahara.
BTW, is that you in the center of the picture?

No, that's a stock photo.
This is me, first shadow rider behind the camel driver, who is on foot.
(in silhouette, because I took the picture)

* Camel_Trek_2017.JPG (166.79 KB, 1632x1224 - viewed 42 times.)
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4643 on: June 19, 2020, 08:37:57 PM »

Not much to say just keepimg it going,did get to play a hog top OM40 sounded like a really good Martin.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help
ryler
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4644 on: June 19, 2020, 10:11:07 PM »

I am relieved that you brought our old friend, "thread ender" back to life.  I thought Mr. LV19E was going to walk away with the crown.  I would love to play the -40 series and see what all the hoopla is about.  And for that matter, I'd love to spend a day in a high end shop with no owners/employees hovering around, to try all the guitars I've only read about.  I would A/B ad infinitum until I didn't even know what I liked anymore.  That sounds like a great day.  Then I'd go to a wine tasting at a beautiful winery and sample all of the finest without getting drunk.  I'd buy a few bottles and go back to my beach house where my new guitar was being delivered.  I'd slide open the glass doors that lead to the deck overlooking the ocean.  Inhaling deeply of the salt air, I'd chuckle with my seagull friends just as a whale was breaching off in the distance. By the way, my masseuse will be there having set up the massage table for my appointment.  After a deep tissue massage, wrapped in a luxury bathrobe, I'd sit down with my new guitar and music would flow out of me as if God were playing. How does that sound?
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4645 on: June 20, 2020, 03:39:35 AM »

OK it seems you've been thinking a lot....BUT...what of the kids and the other half?????Where will they be?Me I'd like just an hour to myself in the "Shed"{the new version of the cave} with no one bothering me to play my guitars.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks
ryler
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4646 on: June 20, 2020, 11:52:31 AM »

Well, Rob, apparently my fantasy day did not involve husband or kids, love them though I do.  That post took a quick path from a mere wish (trying the -40 series) to a full blown work of imagination.  Reality?  No beach house.  No new guitar.  No masseuse.  No magical guitar playing skill.  But when I close my eyes...
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4647 on: June 20, 2020, 03:53:47 PM »

I know the feeling,when I close my eye's I can play anything.    

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks
Mikeymac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4648 on: June 23, 2020, 03:29:13 PM »

And for that matter, I'd love to spend a day in a high end shop with no owners/employees hovering around, to try all the guitars I've only read about.  I would A/B ad infinitum until I didn't even know what I liked anymore.  That sounds like a great day.

The place you want to go is Dave's Guitar Shop in LaCrosse, WI. Lots and lots of nice Martins, Gibsons, Collings, Taylors (if that's your thing), and a few other brands I can't remember (sorry - no Larrivees). But the staff leave you alone and just let you play to your heart's content. I LOVE going there when possible (it's on the way when I visit my mom and sister in Wisconsin - I live in Minnesota).

All guitars are left-handed:
1979 L-19 (converted to lefty)
1988 L-09 FM (converting to lefty asap)
1992 OM-05 Custom
2010 RS-4 in Candy Blue
2015 L-05 Custom; 2020 C-03R-TE (on order!)
ryler
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4649 on: June 25, 2020, 11:14:05 PM »

Go Dave's Guitar Shop!  Sounds like my kind of place.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4650 on: August 17, 2020, 04:08:19 AM »

Been a while so I thought I'd post something....and yes Dave's is a great shop

Well time to ramble have you ever wondered if how you past would catch up to you?In my much younger days I played a lot of music did a lot of fun at the time stupid sh*t.Now down the road a decade or 3 and my body is falling apart,I can't hear very well and my hands don't like me.Now what I can't deal with is I don't remember having that much fun.My wife wants to get me a lift chair she has already brought home differant types of walkers which I have hidden a couple of canes that I don't remember were I put them and I'm only 64!!!!!Again I don't think I had that much fun.

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks
ryler
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4651 on: September 16, 2020, 11:48:43 PM »

Wow, Rob.  That's a lot to go through.  Aging is no fun, I'll agree.  But this sounds particularly difficult.  I did physical therapy this year that made a world of difference to my knees and right hip, also my balance.

Just don't let those playin' hands go south.  Are you able to move around and get the blood circulating?  Well, I'm hoping you're okay.
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #4652 on: September 17, 2020, 05:37:01 PM »

All the docs want to do is replace my knee's,my right shoulder and put on some nerve drugs that from what I've read will kill me.Years ago I had a doctor who told me I'd be in a wheel chair with in 5 years that was 25 years ago,I call her every year to tell her not yet and we have a good laugh,miss her she is the only doc that feed me BS.Weather gets me real bad so hurricane season is a b******.But I'm still kickin,Thanks.

Can't really go walking anymore without tipping over so I do the Ozzy shuffle or the Tim Conway old man walk.My wife picks on me by walking behind me singing "Go grease lighting".

OM03PA
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks
ryler
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4653 on: September 19, 2020, 12:44:30 AM »

Can't really go walking anymore without tipping over so I do the Ozzy shuffle or the Tim Conway old man walk.My wife picks on me by walking behind me singing "Go grease lighting".

OMG,  Rob, your wife is hysterical!  And your description of the Tim Conway old man walk tells me everything.  You put a funny spin on a very serious thing in your life.  It puts my own little decrepitudes in perspective.  I hope you are happy in spite of this, my friend.
Pages: 1 ... 232 [233]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: