Are you a thread ender?

Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

It feels weird over here in the Non Guitar Discussion section.  Even if it is where the blather that is this thread belongs.  I mean blather in a good way.  It's evening, the crickets and cicadas are still in full chorus.  It may be my favorite summer sound.

It suppose to be fall not summer......96 degrees,no rain.....

OH WELL back to playing my guitars :nana_guitar
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: obe-wan on September 23, 2019, 11:43:39 AM
Well, its 2;42AM, 24-9-19 here in Australia...... Happy 10 years Thread Ender Thread!!!!  :cheers :guitar :thumbsup :nana_guitar :nanadance :donut :donut :donut :donut

Better late than never..........."Happy Birthday Thread Ender"

Geez I can still remember when it was first posted and to think it is from DownUnder. Congrats!!!

Quote from: fongie on October 01, 2019, 02:27:33 AM
Better late than never..........."Happy Birthday Thread Ender"

Geez I can still remember when it was first posted and to think it is from DownUnder. Congrats!!!

Hi fongie!  Happy to see you here.

Wow - even though no one has posted in this thread for almost two weeks, it's still in the #1 spot in this forum area... waaaay to quiet around here these days.  :ohmy:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

But it is not too quiet to let this thread die!
Play it daily for best results.

Fall back into the never ending thread...

Nobody has been on the forum all day...just sayin...oops!
'74 Martin D35S
Larrivee SD 50 TSB
Unplayed Vega and Harmony banjos

I've been checking in ever couple of hours and most of the time it seems like I'm the only member here.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: ryler on October 03, 2019, 05:32:38 PM
Hi fongie!  Happy to see you here.
Hey cheers Ryler, nice to drop in once in a while to say "Hi". So nice to hear from you.

See what I mean? This is still the best forum.

It is a great forum.  A pretty quiet one these days.  We need to invite the chatterboxes to do what they do best, chat.  I imagine everyone is still checking in and waiting for someone else to post!

Quote from: ryler on November 09, 2019, 07:20:33 AM
It is a great forum.  A pretty quiet one these days.  We need to invite the chatterboxes to do what they do best, chat.  I imagine everyone is still checking in and waiting for someone else to post!

Oh really? Where is everyone gone, I wonder? Well your still here, that is all that matters, right? LOL

I remember the days when this forum ran hot. You couldn't wait to get on, always a new thread posted. Where is my buddy Zohn? Miss the fishin stories.

For me I'm done buying guitars.I read a lot of the old post the guest are looking at.I don't fish so I can't be of any help there.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

I'm about done buying myself U-Rob, those madness of spending is over. Madness.

I get to turn 64 next month got myself down to 2 acoustic Larrivee's,1 Guild 6 string on loan to my duo partner and I just bought a Guild Jumbo 12 string made in China to replace my old Guild 12 string USA died,2 electric's and a bass.In the house right now not mine are 4 acoustic,3 electrics that belong to others who haven't picked them up the oldest has been here for 5 years.Though I am still playing in two duo's just not working playing that much.I'm working on doing a video or 4 and as always doin my service and repair work.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

I hear ya U-Rob........Congrats on reachin 64, well done!! I'm not far behind you.

Regarding guitars, I have still in my stable a Martin 000-18, OM-18V, OMJM, OMC-28E and a few others. Hoping to thin down in the next month or so hopefully down to three.

OK its 9:30 am EST and theres me and 52 guest.

fongie to be truthful I never thought I'd make it past 30,drugs,life on the road as a musician mostly playing soul,funk and R+B ok and sex.I had a really good time but not as good as my old body feels.I keep telling my better half of 30 years that I had fun but not that much fun to be in the shape I'm in.Oh ya I did rock and roll,and acoustic music but it never paid as well as playing disco,dance and soul and funk.

I love ever minute of it. :cheers
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

I'm still here, too... but I'll admit, I don't post as often as I used to. And the last Larrivee I bought was the used '79 that Rob converted to lefty for me  :thumb!

[However, I did also buy a custom L-05 about 3 years ago, but it's currently on Reverb.]

I'm interested in the new TE signature Larrivee, but money's tight at the moment, and it's hard for me to imagine spending $2K on a 03 Series guitar, even a custom/signature model!

Still love my Larrivees, but I'll also admit I've been a naughty boy and spent a lot on Martins over the past 4 years...  :rolleye:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

I hear ya U-Rob.........Well you did make it, congrats!! I think I was on the same path as you, no regret, they were my best years. I reckon I could have purchased many, many, more guitars with the money I spent on booze, drugs AND disco's. LOL

Mikey I sold all my Larrivee, I think 9 in total. The C-05 was my biggest regret, it was a wonderful guitar. Yes, I went nuts too on Martin, I mean nuts. Those I've still got are just the portion of what I already sold. And I made a lost on nearly everyone. Sigh. LOL

Glad to see your still here mate. I see lots of old members on the AGF still active and promoting Larrivees still. I'm one of those, but I love this forum, it is like coming home for me. Good to talk to you mate.