Are you a thread ender?

Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

This will always be my favorite thread.  Glad to hear your son is finding his way.  Ruling out life's options are as valuable as ruling them in.  We are getting back on our feet again after my husband had a stroke at the end of August.  This ain't his first rodeo with strokes, though.  2017 was the first one.  So he's home and he is still himself, for which I'm quite grateful.  Residual deficit precludes his working for now.  We'll see how it goes.  Christmas will have to be about family and love more than stuff this year.  Ah, the kids (not so young--19 and 20) won't like that trade one little bit!

Quote from: ryler on November 18, 2018, 11:51:50 AM
Residual deficit precludes his working for now.  We'll see how it goes.  Christmas will have to be about family and love more than stuff this year.  Ah, the kids (not so young--19 and 20) won't like that trade one little bit!
Oh but it will be exactly that gift over all the others that they will remember and cherish fondly in 20-30 years! Sure hope the holidays and new year are healthy for you both!
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Best cozmic wave's going out to hubby. :wave
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Cozmic waves are known to have healing properties, Rob.  Thanks.

My wife had a liquid stroke while she was preggo with our son,almost lost him.She took almost 9 months to return still now about 90% but nothin stops her.Make sure he does what the Doc say,walk a bit every day,lift some lite weights and eat better.Good to know that cozmic wave have healing powers.A little red wine helps. :cheers
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Wow, Rob.  I'm glad she is restored to good health.  Your advice on what to do daily is spot on, though so far he won't comply.  Sigh.

The longer he doesn't comply the harder it gets.Being that she was preggo at the time it was hard but I put my barefeet down and pushed her.Tell him that 6 months after giving birth she had to have a heart valve replaced,open heart surgery which was 8 hours of me sitting with her mother who can't stand me then weeks of recoop.Tell him I had to wipe her butt,bath her{which was fun for me}.Tell him you will not carry his a** to and from the bathroom,go out and buy him a walking stick and a couple of 2lb weights for both his arm and 2lb weights for his ankle's which you will superglue to his legs or else.Gotta get evil on his butt. :laughin:
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Quote from: Barefoot Rob on November 23, 2018, 09:51:39 PM
The longer he doesn't comply the harder it gets.Being that she was preggo at the time it was hard but I put my barefeet down and pushed her.Tell him that 6 months after giving birth she had to have a heart valve replaced,open heart surgery which was 8 hours of me sitting with her mother who can't stand me then weeks of recoop.Tell him I had to wipe her butt,bath her{which was fun for me}.Tell him you will not carry his a** to and from the bathroom,go out and buy him a walking stick and a couple of 2lb weights for both his arm and 2lb weights for his ankle's which you will superglue to his legs or else.Gotta get evil on his butt. :laughin:

All good advice, Rob - maybe - but Ryler better do what their doctor says versus what we're saying on the interwebs... of course, we all know you're just trying out to become a motivational speaker now...

...btw, congrats on your son moving forward. One of my sons is a mechanic - now working on diesel engines - and he makes very good money. (Also has his CDL, so he can drive them as well, which helps make him even more employable.)

Health is a funny thing; we ignore it until something knocks us down (or something knocks us down anyway!), then we have to change our lives. I'm trying to get ahead of that...been on a Keto diet for around 6 weeks. Have lost around 20 lbs., feel much better, have around 15 more to go to reach my ultimate goal; we'll see if I can get there. But my pants fit, my Larrivee T-shirts fit (!), and I look and feel so much better. Have a physical in a few weeks, will be interesting to see my numbers then...

:thumb

:coffee :coffee (still drinking coffee, but sorry, no  :donut :donut2 for me!)

2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Rob,
"But I put my barefeet down and pushed her."  That had me laughing.  I understand your experience and appreciate the nudge. The stroke deficits he has require more of a push from me than I had realized.  It's sometimes hard to discern what is a true need for my involvement and what isn't.  A fine line sometimes between being his therapist and his wife.  Still navigating that one.

Thanks for your input.

You end up being both.Does he have a therapist?If so ask her what you should do for him and what not to do.Cozmic wave's heading to you.When you get a chance grab a glass of wine or something stronger and hide out for a half hour or so for your sanity.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

A wonderful book for stroke victims and their caregivers:   My Stroke of Insight, by Jill Bolte Taylor, Ph.D.   Tracks her massive event and the key steps in rebuilding her brain and her personality.  Inspirational.

Yes. I heard an interview with her years ago I believe. I neuroscientist or Doctor who knew exactly what was happening when she had her stroke. What was happening to her brain and what changes it made to her personality. Interesting when she talked about her stroke improving her life in large part because pre-stroke she was type A workaholic. Afterwards the stroke took out that part of brain and made her a much happier and content person.
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

I read that book, too.  And watched the TED talk on youtube.  Fascinating recovery.  It gives a lot of hope for the potential of rewiring the brain over time.  If I recall, she took a full 8 years to recover, but is whip-smart.  It really clarifies the functions of the two different hemispheres.

Mikeymac, I congratulate you on your successful regimen and the results!  You must be feeling pretty spectacular now.  It's a big deal and so good for you.

Quote from: ryler on November 29, 2018, 05:36:16 PM

Mikeymac, I congratulate you on your successful regimen and the results!  You must be feeling pretty spectacular now.  It's a big deal and so good for you.

Thank you - yes, I do feel much better - both physically and mentally. With the holidays coming, I know there will be some up and down (like there was at Thanksgiving), but that's okay, we all fluctuate some, and I'm going into this season (and winter) in much better shape than last winter.

I'm still at the over 20 lbs. place, and I celebrated a couple weeks ago by buying a smaller leather belt from Larrivee (to go with the buckle I'd bought earlier). I replaced a size 40 with a 36, then also bought another buckle and belt in the other color in a 36. Feels great!

Wow, this thread has lapsed. I see it's strayed OT.

Christmas will be rough this year but I like to think we're on the upswing. My family has been isolated and fragmented partly because my 15yo son is severely autistic but music keeps me going and the OM-03R I was gifted with 12 years ago still gets reached for and makes a joyful noise that puts me in a happier mood. I'm thinking it may be time to actually go out and get a gig - and both chalk that off my bucket list and get me back out into the world again.
Neil K

2013 DIY Medium Jumbo (western red cedar/S. American Mahogany)
2013 McKnight Ukulele
2009 Martin D-16GT
2006 Larrivée OM-03R
1998 Fender American Standard Stratocaster, Ash Body, Natural finish
1989 Kramer Striker 610

Neil, that sounds like a great idea.  Engagement with the world is pretty necessary to my well-being.  I hope you're able to make that happen for yourself.

I just checked and not, I mean NOT a soul on the forum...opps
'74 Martin D35S
Larrivee SD 50 TSB
Unplayed Vega and Harmony banjos

many a time that it just me and alot of guest.
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
Still unclrob
rpjguitarworks

Tis the season... we all have lots going on: Christmas, family, shopping, returning stuff, travel.

Me? I had a new granddaughter born 10 days before Christmas (Dec. 15)! She was around 5 weeks early (just like her two year old-er brother).

Meet Zoe Noelle:

(Yep - she's keeping us busy this Christmas!)

Great photos Rev.  What a beautiful family.