Are you a thread ender?

Started by obe-wan, September 24, 2009, 01:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Danny on November 13, 2017, 09:47:43 PM
Mike, I'm not sure guitar forums are good for us. You buy another guitar, I buy another one, and on and on and on.
    I'm seriously jonesing for a Guild 12 string.
And barely had my OOO for a week.

See Danny (read my thread above to Lynn) it IS dangerous for us!  So many guitars, so little time (and money!).  :drool:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Good mornin' boys and girls!   :wave

One cup of  :coffee down, starting #2...

So I setup my first DR. Visit in six months. Got myself ready to go in plenty of time.
Walked out and locked the door behind me. Then immediately realized I didn't have any keys on me.  :blush:
Couldn't get in either of my trucks for tools, no keys. So I called the Dr office and cancelled.

Went to a neighbor, who has tools. Removed a window frame, pryed out the whole window, at the bottom. Released both latches, opened the window and climbed in.

Gave up on the Dr visit and watched Longmire on Netflix.   :thumbsup

Quote from: Danny on November 17, 2017, 04:23:36 PM

Much better than going to the Dr. .....
George

Quote from: Danny on November 17, 2017, 04:23:36 PM

Went to a neighbor, who has tools. Removed a window frame, pryed out the whole window, at the bottom. Released both latches, opened the window and climbed in.

You seem healthy enough based on that.

But probably (at our age) it wouldn't hurt to have the doctor give you the official thumbs up.  :thumb

Since I've been playing the OOO-40R, and before that the OO-40R. I got the D-02 out of its nice TKL case, cleaned it up and tuned it, with those smooth JCL machines.
I started playing it and really enjoyed how easy it plays, and how good it sounds.
     Did this while watching Longmire.

Quote from: Danny on November 17, 2017, 06:29:14 PM
Since I've been playing the OOO-40R, and before that the OO-40R. I got the D-02 out of its nice TKL case, cleaned it up and tuned it, with those smooth JCL machines.
I started playing it and really enjoyed how easy it plays, and how good it sounds.
    Did this while watching Longmire.

Danny, I tried Rainier Beer while I was in Montana recently..... Longmires choice of Beverage. Wasn't great.... :roll

Cheers, Scott.

Martin OM-21. 
Martin HD-28e
Sigma SDM-18
Schertler David.

Victoria, Australia.

Quote from: obe-wan on November 17, 2017, 09:11:41 PM
Danny, I tried Rainier Beer while I was in Montana recently..... Longmires choice of Beverage. Wasn't great.... :roll

Cheers, Scott.
Rainier wasn't even made anymore. I guess they have come out with it due to the series.
     Most lagers made in the U.S. are pure swill, in my view.

The worst beer ever I had was from Washington State too. They used to sell this generic beer. Just an all white can with BEER in big black letters. We called it BEER, beer. I tasted like somebody had already drank it once. But it was cheap I I was 21 and broke. It made Ranier taste great.
10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.

All I drink is swill. Its great stuff.
Busch, Old Milwaukee, Hamms, Lone Star, Pabst, you get it. Corona in the big cans.
Budweiser is a bit sweet for me, tho.
Won't touch Coors, since they stopped producing Coors Premium beer in the early 80's. That was good beer.
Everything else is just overpriced, and WAY over rated.
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

Shiner Bock, Bohemia and Negro Modelo.

A bock, a pilsner and an Austrian Lager.

First one from Texas, last two from Mexico.

My favorite is Bohemia. A very complex European pilsner, and the most expensive.

:donut :donut2 :coffee
Then there is Chimay Grand Reserve.
A half bottle of that and I can solve all the worlds problems.
Mike

Gack!  Oh yes, the weird cheap beer here in WA state, or the weird expensive and somewhat snobby microbrew. Beer, in general, makes me ill for whatever reason.  I use it to drown slugs in the yard.  A good Eastern Washington Merlot or Cab, however.....that's an entirely different sort of guilty pleasure.
2010 LSV-11e
2002 4E Jose Ramirez
1998 S6+folk Seagull
1986 Charvel Model 3A
2001 Fender Jazz bass
1935 A-OO Gibson mandolin
1815 JG Hamm violin

Quote from: Paraclete on November 20, 2017, 12:22:47 AM
I use it to drown slugs in the yard.
No. You don't. Nobody on planet earth would be dumb enough to spend good money on beer to drown slugs.
Nobody.
Mike

When does 6 + 6 = 18?

:?

Quote from: Mikeymac on November 26, 2017, 10:23:12 PM
When does 6 + 6 = 18?

:?

When you're changing the strings on a 12-string guitar! I just changed the strings on my Takamine tonight, and it took 3-4 times as long as changing a 6-string... not just twice as long, but more...just too many strings and string posts too close together!

Hopefully won't be doing that again for awhile... although I'm still experimenting with strings on this thing (just put on a set of Newtone Nickel Master class, 11-50 gauge).

Quote from: Mikeymac on November 26, 2017, 10:27:36 PM
When you're changing the strings on a 12-string guitar! I just changed the strings on my Takamine tonight, and it took 3-4 times as long as changing a 6-string... not just twice as long, but more...just too many strings and string posts too close together!

Hopefully won't be doing that again for awhile... although I'm still experimenting with strings on this thing (just put on a set of Newtone Nickel Master class, 11-50 gauge).
Yes it takes twice as long or more to change strings on a 12-string compared to a 6-string.  That's because there are twice as many strings, I guess.  So a half-hour VS an hour?  Is that a complaint or an observation? You hope you won't have to take a whole hour to change strings again for a while instead of only a half an hour??  Why?  Are you running short of time or?
"Badges?  We don't need no stinkin' badges."

Became a Shooting Star when I got my 1st guitar.
Back in '66, I was 13 and that was my fix.
Still shooting for stardom after all this time.
If I never make it, I'll still be fine.

:guitar

I can do a 6-string in 10-15 minutes... the 12 takes a lot longer than twice as long...

...just an observation.

Quote from: Danny on December 07, 2017, 12:40:07 AM
Just me and 73 guests.
Maybe we should all set a time and date when a whole bunch of members log in at once. Maybe get more members than guests.
Actually, when I read most postings, I am a guest.
Anyhow, besides the snow being news yesterday, I also got me a resonator. While the wife is gone on a trip. But she knows now.
Mike